• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pregnenolone & Pregnenolone Sulphate
Hi all,

I'm interested to know if anyone has any experience with either Pregnenolone or Pregnenolone Sulphate?

Brief descriptions for those who haven't come across these:

Pregnenolone (3β-hydroxypregn-5-en-20-one), also known as P5, is an endogenous steroid hormone. It is the precursor of the progestogens, mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids, androgens, and estrogens, as well as the neuroactive steroids. In addition, pregnenolone is biologically active in its own right, acting as a neurosteroid

Pregnenolone sulfate (3β-hydroxypregn-5-en-20-one sulfate; abbreviated as PS) is an endogenous excitatory neurosteroid that is synthesized from pregnenolone.[/url] It is known to have [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic]cognitive and memory-enhancing, antidepressant, anxiogenic, and proconvulsant effects.

I've just been doing some reading on this and it looks to be quite an interesting substance with some useful health benefits (relieving fatigue, helping with anxiety and depression, improving memory and brain function).

One thing also stood out on Wikipedia regarding the Sulphate version which unusually has a different action feature:

"acting as a potent negative allosteric modulator of the GABA-A receptor"

Could this mean it potentially has a role in benzo dependency management or withdrawal?

I've looked at reviews and user experiences of Pregnenolone, but as with most substances, it's a very mixed bag and can be quite subjective. Some people claim very little benefit (although just because you don't *feel* any short-term benefit, doesn't mean it may not be providing some). Others swear by it, and claim it has profound effects on energy, mood and motivation. Some also say it does help relax anxiety.

I'd be interested to know what you guys think, is it a useful part of a stack? What kind of dosages for what health benefits? Are there any draw-backs or people who should avoid supplementing with this perhaps?

Prices seem to vary a lot for this supplement (and I think the sulphate version is harder to come by?).

It is readily available though on many sites and seems to be excluded from the Psychoactive Substances Act?
scared enough even just dipping the very tip of my toe boosting Test levels, i'll be leaving neurosteroids alone haha! 
sounds very interesting though please report back if you come across anything else.
Hood Hippy word

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter