UK Chemical Research
Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - Printable Version

+- UK Chemical Research (https://www.ukchemicalresearch.org)
+-- Forum: Chemical Discussion (https://www.ukchemicalresearch.org/Forum-Chemical-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Drugs News (https://www.ukchemicalresearch.org/Forum-Drugs-News)
+--- Thread: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole (/Thread-Possible-changes-in-RC-vendor-loophole)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - Elektrolyzer - 05-09-2012

Only just spotted this article from a couple of weeks ago, the guy never turned-up at court as he was on holiday, but a new date has been set for September, and the defence is seeking a barrister to act in the case as clearly it opens up the possibly of a new method of preventing RCs being sold.

This should be an interesting case to follow, I bet most sellers of RCs will be paying close attention to it, the outcome and potential impact it will have on the future supply of RCs.

Sean Alex Ellman, 40, - son of MP Louise Ellman – who owns a string of ‘head shops’, was arrested for supplying the substance known as ‘Gogaine’ following a raid on his business in August 2010.

The case is thought to be a national first regarding the sale of legal highs, brought against Ellman by Cheshire West and Chester Council Trading Standards over allegedly breaking trading regulations.

Only just spotted this article from a couple of weeks ago, the guy never turned-up at court as he was on holiday, but a new date has been set for September, and the defence is seeking a barrister to act in the case as clearly it opens up the possibly of a new method of preventing RCs being sold.

This should be an interesting case to follow, I bet most sellers of RCs will be paying close attention to it, the outcome and potential impact it will have on the future supply of RCs.

Sean Alex Ellman, 40, - son of MP Louise Ellman – who owns a string of ‘head shops’, was arrested for supplying the substance known as ‘Gogaine’ following a raid on his business in August 2010.

The case is thought to be a national first regarding the sale of legal highs, brought against Ellman by Cheshire West and Chester Council Trading Standards over allegedly breaking trading regulations.
Charges relate to both the supply of a chemical substance and omitting to provide the purchaser with information about the potential risks associated with the product.

District Judge Nicholas Sanders said the situation was ‘utterly unacceptable’ and warned that a warrant would be issued for the defendant if he failed to turn up at the next court hearing in September.

Mr Gray said the defence was seeking a barrister for the case, which he said had some ‘novel points’.

He added: ‘It’s going to be of major significance in this particular area of the law.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elling-legal-highs-HOLIDAY.html#ixzz250hnW2n2

First link didn't work (posting from phone)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189420/Labour-MP-s-son-misses-court-appearance-selling-legal-highs-HOLIDAY.html

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - RC-MeToo - 05-09-2012

Another quality piece of journalism. I especially enjoyed how little actual information they managed to fit into it.

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - Br0kenRabbit - 05-09-2012

The headshops are far more dodge than the online vendors.. I have walked in to my local one and asked "how strong is this, is it stronger than that.." and been answered.. So in short they openly admitted consumption and the fact they knew/assumed I woulod also consume...

Also the flashy packets made to promote the sales by looking jazzy/cool or what not are in directly promoting it for human consumption, even if "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" is plastered on the packet... Headshops and branded chemical vendors in general are the MAIN cause of deaths and unwanted media attention in the RC scene...

Wake up and smell the coffee people.. you will destroy your own scene before long... Peace <3

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - DuctTapetheDamage - 05-09-2012

That's not strictly true. The headshops slip a lot under the radar, the vendors do not. I've had similar conversations with headshop staff and there are two sides to that coin. Being a chemical vendor is dodgy ground, as you're supposed to be selling laboratory equipment. Headshops sell 'souvenirs' and 'novelty specimens'... the two loopholes are used by vendors and headshops are different.

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - Elektrolyzer - 05-09-2012

Can anyone find a link to the charges? The daily fail is vague about a breach of trading standards.

Could it be that a supplier of any product is obligated to provide warnings of any dangers associated with misuse of a product.

For example sellers of hot tubs are obligated to list dangers I you misuse the product by drinking alcohol. Could be vendors will be able to get round it by stating "if accidentally ingested call 999"

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - Br0kenRabbit - 05-09-2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Web_Tryp <-- You may find this some interesting reading..

(05-09-2012, 06:50 PM)DuctTapetheDamage Wrote: That's not strictly true. The headshops slip a lot under the radar, the vendors do not. I've had similar conversations with headshop staff and there are two sides to that coin. Being a chemical vendor is dodgy ground, as you're supposed to be selling laboratory equipment. Headshops sell 'souvenirs' and 'novelty specimens'... the two loopholes are used by vendors and headshops are different.

Our local headshop along with his two other stores in different towns have both been raided.. I would hardly call that under the radar.

Vendors are not obligated to sell lab coats or test tubes.. For example read the wording of the quote below.

Quote: We provide high quality research chemicals to bonafide research institutes, research scientists, and students of chemistry.

All compounds are supplied strictly for laboratory research use only, primarily reagent testing and GC/MS reference, in well-equipped facilities, with all necessary safety equipment and procedures in place. They are strictly not for human consumption or for any form of in-vivo research or experimentation.

Just because a shop may sell tobacco it does not mean they are obligated to also sell rizla..

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - DuctTapetheDamage - 06-09-2012

haha but laboratory reagents and tobacco are a bit different. And the chemicals go under the radar, not the shop. I know you're argumentative, but really? Sound like an elitist vendor to me...

EDIT - to clarify - the chemicals ARE the lab equipment, and headshops cannot legitimately sell them unless they are pre-packaged. Those that sell them in any other way are pretty stupid. You seem to believe that what you do is much more above board, when it isn't. Headshops selling to underage people however, is different. As I said, different legal loopholes all together.

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - Peaches - 06-09-2012

I don't expect much to come of this at all..

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - DuctTapetheDamage - 06-09-2012

It's the mail, as much as they try, they're just not quite articulate enough to expose anything.

I think we're all safe for a while, even when headshops and vendors are being raided every now and then! The old owner of a headshop where I used to live had been marched out of his shop in cuffs a couple of times and still ran the shop until he passed away recently.

RE: Possible changes in RC vendor loophole - Dragon - 06-09-2012

Im on my phone so cant be arse to write much.
The guy was selling mephedrone when it was legal the papers love it as he was an mps son.
Thay have constantly hounded him ( all authorities)
He was caught as a member of his staff described the effects to an undercover buyer.
It wont effect anything as online purchases are not for human consumption
Panic over