UK Chemical Research
Boomtown fair death - Printable Version

+- UK Chemical Research (https://www.ukchemicalresearch.org)
+-- Forum: Chemical Discussion (https://www.ukchemicalresearch.org/Forum-Chemical-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Drugs News (https://www.ukchemicalresearch.org/Forum-Drugs-News)
+--- Thread: Boomtown fair death (/Thread-Boomtown-fair-death)

Boomtown fair death - zebra - 16-08-2013

Quote:Arrests after death of Eleanor Rowe at Boomtown Fair festival

Two people have been arrested by police investigating the death of a teenager at a music festival in Hampshire.

Eleanor Rowe, 18, from Glastonbury, Somerset was taken ill at the Boomtown Fair, near Winchester, on Thursday.

She was taken to Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester, but pronounced dead on arrival. A post-mortem examination proved inconclusive.

A man, 23, and woman, 19, both from Somerset, were arrested on suspicion of supplying a class C drug.

They were later released on bail until 8 October.

Hampshire Constabulary said Ms Rowe's death was not being treated as suspicious and further toxicology tests were being completed.

This was the fifth year Boomtown Fair has taken place at the Matterley Estate which has a daily capacity of about 30,000 people.

This year's event featured artists such as Arrested Development, The Selecter, Lee Scratch Perry and LTJ Bukem.

Young lady died after consuming a powder sold as ketamine on the Thursday. Ketamine is historically very safe in the short term (not so much long term) and is used in child surgery and to sedate trauma victims with unknown medical history for precisely this reason. For this reason and the inconclusive PM it's possible that the powder was another compound entirely. Know your source if you're going to mess about with this shit.

RE: Boomtown fair death - martymcfly - 16-08-2013

Fairly easy to choke on your own vomit on K - especially in some dark corner of some horrible fucking tent surrounded by fuckwits.

Not so much an overdose as being unable to spit.

Sorry had to edit this as I sound like a total cynical cunt, I really meant to agree with the above post, but add that good K can be just as dangerous in the wrong environment, without friends to look after you.

To lose your life so young is a terrible wasteful thing, and I in no way meant to belittle her suffering, and the continuing suffering of those around her.

RE: Boomtown fair death - windowlicka1103 - 18-08-2013

On the second day they were handing out fliers that said:
-BAD BATCH OF KETAMINE
-One girl has died
AVOID IT!

People on that drug in a crowded place is just not a great idea in my opinion. People stumbling around everywhere, bumping into others and acting like a zombies are not fun to deal with and can get pretty annoying. kinda like people that are really pissed up

RE: Boomtown fair death - Knothing - 18-08-2013

(18-08-2013, 10:39 PM)windowlicka1103 Wrote: On the second day they were handing out fliers that said:
-BAD BATCH OF KETAMINE
-One girl has died
AVOID IT!

People on that drug in a crowded place is just not a great idea in my opinion. People stumbling around everywhere, bumping into others and acting like a zombies are not fun to deal with and can get pretty annoying. kinda like people that are really pissed up

I remember being young still.Many 15- 20 year old adventurers might read that warning and think..."ooh there's ketamine around here somewhere". 

This report conveys the importance of  test kits, and being sure of what you have and always starting small and working your way up. 

RE: Boomtown fair death - protokol - 19-08-2013

(16-08-2013, 05:41 PM)martymcfly Wrote: Fairly easy to choke on your own vomit on K - especially in some dark corner of some horrible fucking tent surrounded by fuckwits.

I spoke to some people there (who saw the incident) and that seemed to be the general consensus as to how she died, there was also talk that 3 more people had died in a similar fashion, but this is speculation...

Can't really tell exactly what happened until a toxicology report comes out I guess...

RE: Boomtown fair death - Blodwyn - 19-08-2013

I cant say I was witness to anything similar when I was at Glastonbury but it does beg the question of some kind of walking welfare system, still then people will go unnoticed but it might be handy to have some trained eyes who might spot this kind of thing.  Its so sad when something like this happens that is easily preventable with the right kind of education.

RE: Boomtown fair death - Ste - 19-08-2013

I vote that you get some of them hats that @Psychmink suggested made and we do our own patrols at the festivals

RE: Boomtown fair death - martymcfly - 19-08-2013

Yes I feel this years patrols outfits were both uncomfortable and somewhat intimidating -

Still a vast improvement on the year before's, still infamous Ibiza beach unit, as I am sure we can all agree:

[Image: WvJZx.png]

RE: Boomtown fair death - Allan - 20-08-2013

I remember at a medium dance festival last year someone I had met the day before had slipped into a k-hole (probably been drinking too) outside the main dance tent. He was a nice guy but I wasn't gonna sit with him for an hour until he came around so we put him in the recovery position and went to find security. 

The guy radioed it in but basically said that they had been told to leave people be if they weren't causing any problems. It was a mixture of defeatism and being uncaring. In some ways I was apalled but in others it's really hard. The guy was 18 stone too.

We came back to him and took him to the nearby portaloo where he passed out taking a shit. We came back 45 mins later to find the door still unlocked with his pants round his ankles. Managed to get him to stumble to the dance tent where he made a full recovery. Could well have ended badly though.

RE: Boomtown fair death - Lunatic Fringe - 27-08-2013

The stewards & security at Download a few years ago were checking on anyone who was out for the count. If it was difficult or impossible to rouse them, or if once roused they became in any way distressed or violent, they'd be led, carted or stretchered off. I have a feeling the predominance of alcohol at that sort of event puts organsiers in the position where, whilst earning fortunes in alcohol advertising & sponsorship deals, they also have a duty of care to it's users.

Perhaps with events that are predominated by drugs use, organsied without huge alcohol sponsorship & with less financing, & where the inebriants being used might seem less likely to cause unconciousness & vomit aspiration or other health problems that might be fatal, a sense of false security prevails. 

I don't like to speculate but, if I'm allowed to use the word MXE, now that it's been around for a long time, it could easily be sold as Ketamine & I'm concerned could have a far lower overdose threshold.