• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

word
(04-10-2012, 03:14 PM)SirBors Wrote: DISCLAIMER: This is really fucking hard, I welcome everyone to give it a shot though.

Fair play Sir!

I used to write a lot in my tortured teens (over 20 years ago) & still have a couple of books of them (age 12-19!) but I just haven't had the poetic urge myself since life took over & misery became temporary & optional!
So...am more than happy to leave the words to everyone else, unless the urge ever takes me again!
This.....is real life
Good work chaps!!

I'll try & post some teen darkness later...my 40's angst probably wouldn't be as impressive (if i actually wrote it!)
This.....is real life
Lol tra 40's angst I identify with this :-)
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

I've written some poems on this forum, can't find them back though. They're masterpieces.
Verbum.
"Sending this one out to nasa, mission control to pete tong...,

[email protected]
Chairman Meow and SirBors, you both deserve to have some rep points for that I think, laying your own work open to public criticism like that. I've not written anything satisfies my own inner critic in decades, and I used to be pretty creative with languages generally too, descriptive prose pieces something I was always particularly strong at, and also really enjoyed the challenge of taking a Latin poet set text and seeing if I could do anything like the free and fluid translation of the better Classicists, even if it strayed from the actual text a little literally, so long as the sense of the poem as a whole was maintained. Never was as satisfied with my efforts as I'd have liked in such lofty company, but still. Yeah, yeah, I know, so I'm a Latin geek, but I just loved the thing and was dead good at it. Big regret bailing on my A-Levels year 2 and not taking it to degree level.

And Geeza, Gil Scott Heron goes without saying fella, course it does. ;) In similar vein, only very slightly earlier, same kinda late 60s New York black consciousness counter-culture thing going on:

This.....is real life
Dear Pam, I know I'm in my 40,s but will you adopt me?

This.....is real life
Still one of my favorite poems. So sad.

Cookie My common sense is tingling   Cookie

This.....is real life

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter