• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

word

This.....is real life
Amazing. I've been meaning to create a thread for slam poetry for a while but I wasn't sure there'd be any interest.

Wow!

Loved both of them, but particularly the George Watsky poem.

Yer, I thought the same about starting the thread, & was a little worried that I'd fill it up with Kate Tempest & Hollie McNish, who I can't get enough of...thank god you came along with great ones that I hadn't seen before!
This.....is real life

(30-09-2012, 01:21 PM)Geeza Wrote:

Love him!
The grandaddy of spoken word!
This.....is real life

Of all the celebrity deaths in the past few years, GSH's was probably the one I found most sad and annoyingly, most overlooked.

tralala, I'm a bit wary of filling the thread with poems from only one guy too but if you enjoyed that Watsky performance he has some other fantastic ones you might want to look up. Drunk Text Message To God and Letter to my sixteen year old self are both really good.
(30-09-2012, 02:17 PM)SirBors Wrote:

Of all the celebrity deaths in the past few years, GSH's was probably the one I found most sad and annoyingly, most overlooked.

tralala, I'm a bit wary of filling the thread with poems from only one guy too but if you enjoyed that Watsky performance he has some other fantastic ones you might want to look up. Drunk Text Message To God and Letter to my sixteen year old self are both really good.

I thought it had been given due attention, but I'm guessing that's only based on reading the saturday guardian & from facebook, where quite a few friends had reported his death & given him due credit for the pioneer he was.
I'm pretty oblivious to news & reporting the rest of the time really

cool re watsky..I saw loads of others linked to yr youtube link, which I will sit down & listen to when I have some quiet, uninterrupted time to listen properly

(30-09-2012, 02:04 PM)zombywoof Wrote:

I LOVE a bit of Leonard, since discovering him in my mum's record collection as a deeply troubled young teenager....my mum truly believed some of the actions I took as a result of my misery, were directly related to 'all that Leonard Cohen you've been listening to'...when actually I always found his stuff uplifting & comforting, even the songs with terrible stories to tell!
This.....is real life
Out of interest, does anyone ever write any of their own stuff of this variety? I'd be interested to read some material from members here on the forum.
I like this thread.. rep all round..

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter