• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ultra low dose naltrexone
anyone know about or have any experience with ultra low dose naltrexone in lowering opioid tolerance? this is not low dose naltrexone 1mg to 4.5mg, this is micro gram dosage <20ug typically around 5ug i been reading on the web.
I'm not sure about micro-dosage effects, but I'd personally be very afraid to mess with any antagonist in even the smallest amount if I was still dependant. Precipitated WD's are absolutely the worst.

If your goal is reducing tolerance, wouldn't it make more sense to reduce your dosage? Or is there a claimed advantage to using naltrexone that I'm unaware of? 

Something like gabapentin or pregabalin can be used with great effect to mask WD symptoms and reduce tolerance massively, that I do have experience with!
i got my info from here http://www.khemcorp.com/ultra-low-dose-n...h-summary/

ps i thought i posted this earlier, maybe its not allowed, sorry mods if so, pls delete
What that website (there's no problem with the link, dudey) doesn't mention is that Oxytrex, (the very low dose oxycodone/naltrexone formulation in question) failed a phase 3 clinical trial due to much higher drop-out rates in the group of patients receiving Oxytrex but not the comparator drugs. Since then, Pain Theraputics have been concentrating on other products, although not with much success.

None of the clinical trials looked at reversing tolerance or dependence and Oxytrex use still caused physical dependence, though less than the oxycodone and appeared to reduce the incidence of some side effects. However the high drop out rate makes it difficult to really have much faith in the outcomes reported and the company making it clearly aren't treating it like a winner.

(10-10-2016, 06:33 AM)sidders2 Wrote: Something like gabapentin or pregabalin can be used with great effect to mask WD symptoms and reduce tolerance massively, that I do have experience with!

Both also appear to have some level of dependence liability and mixing with opioids can be fatal.
making your own ULDN is very easy starting with a 50mg naltrexone pill, i made a solution of 1ug/ml of ULDN and am doing an N=1 experiment dosing 1ug ULDN with my kratom in the hope of coming off kratom faster, my problem is i keep having a binge every now and then raising my tolerance again (i made the mistake of stockpiling kratom preban)

been dosing ULDN for a week now - tbh i havent noticed any major reduction in tolerance however i have noticed that in the morning im not withdrawing as much, ie no sniffles, achy legs minimal etc, i might up the dose incrementally up to 5ug and see how that goes.

(10-10-2016, 06:33 AM)sidders2 Wrote: I'm not sure about micro-dosage effects, but I'd personally be very afraid to mess with any antagonist in even the smallest amount if I was still dependant. Precipitated WD's are absolutely the worst.

If your goal is reducing tolerance, wouldn't it make more sense to reduce your dosage? Or is there a claimed advantage to using naltrexone that I'm unaware of?

i am tapering kratom (albeit the occasional binge), got interested in ULDN to speed up the process
A simple taper would be easier if committed.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter