• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

something wakes me up at night
bloody hell that sounds horrible... in the past I have had dreams where I can't scream etc... and I have woken up before wandering if I screamed out loud or just in my dream but I think it was just in my dream and it has only happened once or twice... not for a long time...

maybe my neighbour has a sleeping disorder... he should just say so though instead of denying it... to be honest I thought it was me that had a sleeping order... its been going on for years and I have only just worked out what is going on... at one point downstairs thought I was making the noise and used to bang on the floor which I thought I was imagining for ages then realised what she was doing and confronted her and she denied it... but then I caught her doing it (I was already awake when she banged) and fucking banged back really hard at 4am that soon shut her up... 

but its just this prick next door and his twice a night exploits...

fucking new build housing association dive... and its not even cheap or low rent or anything... its on one of these flashy developments for young professionals...

Blankets screw you up. Just say no.
is probably just sound of a million minds screaming.
don't think of this as the end, think of it as a chance to make new friends with dealers
(18-02-2016, 07:23 PM)martymcfly Wrote: is probably just sound of a million minds screaming.

That's the best description for the souns the foxes round where I live make.. Although the song would have been rather different and less appropriate for children.

What does the fox say?
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn—
I slept all night last night uninterupted... I look outside when I get up and his cars not there...

when hes not there I sleep all night long... shame it doesnt happen more often.

I actually feel really pleased for myself when I get more 4 hours sleep uninterupted... last night got a luxurious 6 hours...

what a moron this guy is... its like I'm really going to have to fall out with him to get some sleep or at least make him fully understand that he is disturbing me... exactly what I've been trying to avoid by speaking to him etc... but its not getting through...

I tried audacity but I think I had the mic set too low cos it didnt pick anything up even at the start and the end when I turn on and off and the associated sounds etc are barely visible or audible...

but whats the point I know its him...

Maybe get yourself a Digital Memo Recorder, something like this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-ICD-BX140...SwVupToA7d

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rechargeable-8...Sw0vBUc-s~

The're also very good for recording any "inspirational" ideas that come to mind while you're doing stuff :-)
Earplugs can be brilliant. The soft little ones, rolled and inserted into ears, they expand in your ears to seal up. Pretty cheap solution. Loads of boxes on Ebay.
I've used them when things or people get noisy. Great for sleeping during the day etc. I use them if I have a migraine and need to sleep when the rest of the world is awake.
Once they are sealed comfortably I forget i'm wearing them, except that I can't hear anything lol.
Worth a try.
thanks for all the suggestions...

the trouble with the noise activated stuff is the noise activates but doesnt actually get recorded...

I have used ear plugs in the past for less intrusive stuff and yes they can be very effective but they are not up to the job this time unfortunately... I have tried...

I may have another go at leaving audacity running but I know its him and I'm pretty sure its a door squeaking then banging closed that finds an accoustic path across the outside wall and straight into my bedroom...

I think he is just very self centered and idiotic "its my bloody house i'll do what I want" I dont think he is being excessively noisy its just an unfortunate situation that he is too selfish to accept...

I put some heavy bassline on today left it on repeat and fucked off to work... what goes one way must go the other... that should have disrupted his sleeping pattern anyway so we'll see what he does tonight...

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter