• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

something wakes me up at night
Hello...

Something wakes me up at night and I want to know what so I can fucking stop it.

I am thinking along the lines of using my laptop to record in my bedroom then a can play back to what time I get woken up and see if I can work out what the sound is and where its coming from etc...

the thing about getting woken up at night is you just wake up if the sound has stopped you don't know what it was...

I actually have quite a good idea that its my idiot neighbor being a noisy fucking prick at 4am but I need to know exactly what is going on becuase he just denies it.

to be fair the walls are thin and it doesnt take much but thats why you need to be quiet and go to bed in the week otherwise you will disturb someone... im in a new build block of flats.

Any ideas anyone? can I get some kind of software (preferebly free) to use my laptop as a recorder? could be sound or sound and vision recording doesnt matter i dont think...

any other ideas?

Thanks

Blankets screw you up. Just say no.
iSpyConnect might have some tools to help, I know it can be set to record when motion is detected maybe audio too
Plenty of free apps that record noise in your sleep try one of those
Any audio software would do it, provided you can get a sensitive enough recording on your laptop without causing it to pick up constant background noise / interference.

Audacity is a free program that will have you covered, and it will give you a visual waveform so you can just look to see if there are any peaks in the sound and skip to any bits that look like they might be of interest.
droogz
I get wake myself up by yelling and screaming very loud maybe you have the same problem.
To live outside the law, you must be honest - Bob Dylan    

(11-02-2016, 07:38 PM)dr.gonzo Wrote: iSpyConnect might have some tools to help, I know it can be set to record when motion is detected maybe audio too

cool thanks... will take a look
(11-02-2016, 08:47 PM)statico Wrote: Audacity is a free program that will have you covered, and it will give you a visual waveform so you can just look to see if there are any peaks in the sound and skip to any bits that look like they might be of interest.

yes I have this... will try and leave it running see what happens.

(13-02-2016, 07:50 PM)Som Telleck Wrote: I get wake myself up by yelling and screaming very loud maybe you have the same problem.

not sure if you are saying that you wake your self up or somebody else wakes you up but its not screaming and shouting that wakes me... if it was I would hear it... I think this is more likely a door banging or something that is loud enough to wake me but over very soon...

until the other day it was happening at the same time every night (he must be doing something)... but since I knocked on his door and asked him about it (again) he seems to have changed his habits as I'm still getting woken up but at different times... its as if he thought I only had a problem with the particular time (2am then 4am)...

to be fair I don't think he is being overly noisy its just that we live in a shitty block of flats and can hear each other... but I need to go to work in the morning (he seems to remain in bed) and if you can never get more than 2 or 3 hours sleep without being woken up it starts to fuck you up and its been going on for years...

I accept that people go out and stuff at the weekends and I stay up late myself sometimes but sunday to thursday people have to get up in the morning so you need to show a bit of consideration... even if it was every now and then it wouldnt be so bad but not every fucking night week in week out...

maybe i'll just fucking kill him and be done with it. I can bury him under the floor boards and it will be nice and quiet.

I meant to say that I wake up from my own screaming, yeah I'm weird

maybe you are dreaming?

No I have a mixture of different kinds of sleeping disorders, diagnosed..

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter