• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

site stats
(21-01-2013, 05:05 AM)Dawnrazor Wrote: I wonder if it is possible to know what kind of range of peeps or ip adds these figures constitute. Not for myself of course just in general. Is it the same people coming back and back every day, or do we have twice the number of people coming here every other day, or 7 times the number of people coming here once a week etc, you get the idea.

If the powers that be would like considerably more information on their visitors, they should consider using Google Analytics. It's pretty much the industry standard for analytics and can tell you near enough everything you might want to know. (ie: how long is spent on particular pages, screen resolutions, browsers, location, keywords they used to find the site in google, which websites have links to which pages of the forum, etc. etc.)

It's a breeze to install (drop some js into the footer template), but there is a mybb plugin as well.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/gooana-google-analytics
I have very little knowledge of the sort of data Google Analytics collects but would just like to point out storing too much information on the users of a forum such as this could be detrimental to our health Happy
“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
None of the data it collects is personally identifiable.
ie: It can tell you that someone from 'x' country, using 'x' ISP on their iphone/mac/pc came to this site by typing 'x' keywords into google and then visited 'x' page for 'x' amount of time, but it cannot tell you who that someone was. It's pretty much anonymous, apart from IP's, which this forum logs anyway.
For those of you who might be interested a few site stats

Number of visits Page views
05 Jun 2013 2,472 157,462 425,484
(highest date so far this month)

Busiest day of the week Friday

Busiest time of day 9pm

Search keyphrases
1905 different keyphrases
Top ten
uk chemical research
ukcr
serotoni
al-lad
aj blotters
25b-nbome

nitracaine 66 0.8 %
uk research chemicals 62 0.8 %
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

If one googles LA-LAD, UKCR is the 5th listing with our TR's.

That's a nice bit of free advertising. I suspect the forum will get a fair bit busier over the next 12 months.

Happy
“It doesn't matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in” - Graffiti slogan
we are only just over a year old to be fair and already have 1700 members however im not sure how many of them are active. I'm incredibly proud of what we offer here to members and non members I can only hope things go from strength to strength as they have done particularly over the last 6 months or so.
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

They will (things getting stronger). I'm sure it's busier than when I joined. I don't mean that I brought the extra traffic, rather when I first joined there seemed to be far less members in the online list than there are now so that seems a sign of growth.

It's a good forum, it really is. I'm not just saying that for brownie points; I simply wouldn't bother with it if the culture wasn't as it is.
I think it was Knothing who said yesterday that UKCR is more like a community than a forum, which I think is an honest assessment.

Happy
“It doesn't matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in” - Graffiti slogan
(13-06-2013, 10:31 AM)DayTrippa Wrote: It's a good forum, it really is. I'm not just saying that for brownie points; I simply wouldn't bother with it if the culture wasn't as it is.
I think it was Knothing who said yesterday that UKCR is more like a community than a forum, which I think is an honest assessment.

If they keep banning everything we will be a knitting and horlicks community soon lol BTW Blod did you get my copy of Knitting Simulator 2014 for the xbox?
Please read the site rules Here

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional
(13-06-2013, 11:32 AM)Mr Blod Wrote:
(13-06-2013, 10:31 AM)DayTrippa Wrote: It's a good forum, it really is. I'm not just saying that for brownie points; I simply wouldn't bother with it if the culture wasn't as it is.

If they keep banning everything we will be a knitting and horlicks community soon lol BTW Blod did you get my copy of Knitting Simulator 2014 for the xbox?

Just wait till you read my TR of the vegan bouillon cubes that are beef and chicken analogues. Needless to say, the market's been crying out for this.
Once upon a time there were three bears. Now there are thousands. You be the judge.
(13-06-2013, 11:32 AM)Mr Blod Wrote: If they keep banning everything we will be a knitting and horlicks community soon lol

Never. I'll hack the forum and shut it down before it starts talking about Horlicks.

Ovaltine FTW

(13-06-2013, 11:39 AM)Hausschuhe Wrote: Just wait till you read my TR of the vegan bouillon cubes that are beef and chicken analogues. Needless to say, the market's been crying out for this.

Again, I have to put my foot down with a firm hand and say NO to vegan bouillon cubes.

Jesus christ what the hell's happening here.. are you lot experimenting with mind altering substances or something?

*cool*

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter