• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

need advice (either i got scammed or the company transfered to a wrong bank account
Hi there.

I really could use some help on how to proceed with this situation. The thing is, last year i sent around 600 canadians to [vendor] through money gram, making an bank transfer with their services, since i dont have a credit card. To make it short, i made a mistake with the account number and gave another number. It was supposed to be fixed after a week or something. They charged me and sent again the money to the supposed right bank account. But money never made, or at least thats what the guys from [vendor] told me. Basically it seems they really transfered the money to a wrong bank account and the person who got it didnt want to give the money back or [vendor] scammed me real bad.

I didnt think that i got scammed since they have a good reputation, besides some particular issues they have had. At least, they havent been acused of scamming and they answered me every mail i sent them and helped me with all the stuff i asked from them even after more than 7 months since it happened.

I told money gram this and asked for a money refund. At first i asked for proofs of what they did but they never showed me any real document where i could confirm that the bank transfer was done correctly. They sent me 2 documents of exchanged messages and information with the bank they worked with (MG uses a national bank that works with the bank of montereal to make the transfer to the other bank), saying stuff like when they made the correction to the bank account number, and the other people confirming it was done already. But i neved saw the complete info they used or a bank document that would show the actual account that got the money (such as one that would show the info given and used with a confirmation of the transfer made, or an online printout of the account). They said that they dont have any document of that kind as they made a modification to the first account info used, so they couldnt give a document such as the first one they gave me (stating the senders and the beneficiary info and bank account numbers used).

After an alot of time that i had to wait to get those documents in first place and asking for a refund since they couldnt proove anything, they opened an investigation. It took months and i got asked for a letter written by [vendor] stating they didnt get any money and a printout of their bank account transfers recieved on that month. I gave it to them and finally they just told me that the case was closed becouse they discovered that [vendor] were a scammer company and scammed me. Again they didnt showed me anything to proove what they said, they just made me talk to their lawer just to hear the same, that i wouldnt get my money back, after they told me that with those documents i sent them they would refund my money.

Sorry to make it that long, i hope at least one of you took the time to read it but i had to give all the info so you could understand the process.
I thought of gettin a lawer or making a formal complain to the institution that handles that kind of issues here, but as you can see, its a sensible matter, even thou the chems i ordered are legals here, they could do some reseach and find out what that money was transfered for.

So please, if have been in a situation like this before or just know about law or the process that needs to be done and how to do it so i can get my money back (if thats possible at all) i would appreciate so fukin much you dont eeven know. So please if you could share that info with me and give me some advice here on what to do you would save me 600 fucking canadians.

Cheers

niamh edited 04-01-2017 02:13 PM this post because:

Vendor discussion is not allowed here - I have removed references to the specific vendor involved - please do not identify them in any subsequent discussion

Have you tried contacting and apologising for getting in a bit of a frap-up. Plus do you know vender discussions are against the rules her at ukcr.
You gave what account number wrong? You mean you gave the incorrect bank account number to transfer the money to them?

Your post is very confusing but TBH it sounds like you fucked up. If they haven't received the money and it was you giving wrong account numbers what do you expect them to do?

Personally I wouldn't even entertain you if I was them. If you paid money to the wrong account/person, that is your fault.

Bank transfer can not be reversed. Again if you didn't use their correct details it is your fault. You didn't send them any money, you sent it elsewhere.
(04-01-2017, 02:12 PM)Tails Wrote: You gave what account number wrong? You mean you gave the incorrect bank account number to transfer the money to them?

Your post is very confusing but TBH it sounds like you fucked up. If they haven't received the money and it was you giving wrong account numbers what do you expect them to do?

Personally I wouldn't even entertain you if I was them. If you paid money to the wrong account/person, that is your fault.

Bank transfer can not be reversed. Again if you didn't use their correct details it is your fault. You didn't send them any money, you sent it elsewhere.
[quote pid='181150' dateline='1483539170']

Am sorry if i didnt make myself clear, english is my second language. I tried to explain that i fked up in the beginning but they charged me for the mistake and sent again the money to the right account number, or at least they said so. So it was that 2nd time when the money didnt make it and thats why i asked for the refund. 
[/quote]
Why is the money "not making it" though? It seems to me the money never got to the RC site if they are showing you bank statements and it's not there?

If the money never got to them your issue is with whatever payment processor you used, not the RC site. Assuming the RC site has done their part and provided you with the correct info to pay anyway.. I'm assuming its moneygram charging you the extra for messing it up the first time? If I have all this right its not the vendor at fault here.
(04-01-2017, 01:29 PM)Sks3 Wrote: Have you tried contacting and apologising for getting in a bit of a frap-up. Plus do you know vender discussions are against the rules her at ukcr.

sorry, didnt actually know. Thought that as theres a vendor`s forum, it wouldnt be an issue

(04-01-2017, 05:07 PM)Tails Wrote: Why is the money "not making it" though? It seems to me the money never got to the RC site if they are showing you bank statements and it's not there?

If the money never got to them your issue is with whatever payment processor you used, not the RC site. Assuming the RC site has done their part and provided you with the correct info to pay anyway.. I'm assuming its moneygram charging you the extra for messing it up the first time? If I have all this right its not the vendor at fault here.

Im assuming either moneygram or someone they work with fucked up (they have to go through two banks), since the explanation of the situation its that either the vendor scammed me very well done and actually got the money the 2nd time or the agency made a mistake. I dont know how or what actually happened since i wasnt provided with information as they couldnt show me any document that prooved in what bank account the money was finally transfered. 
PD: I know theres no fault on the vendor, its just that it is a possibility that the money was correctly transfered and they just scammed me. As i said, i dont actually think so but its always possible.
To be honest it really does sound like the issue is with the payment processor here. I don't think they have scammed you, they just haven't even received the money.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter