• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

coping a friends life is taken
cant go into too much on this for legal reasons but the summarized version is we where attacked unprovoked by people neither of us knew and my freind is now 6ft under. i need advice on coping
Hoodieninja,

First of all, please accept my sincere sympathy that this has happened and be assured the only reason there aren't a stream of responses here is that people are probably struggling with what to say. So, don't feel alone.

If this has happened in the UK, I can guarantee that those responsible will get brought to justice.

You will need better support than you can get online here though. Do you have friends and family you can talk to about this? Are you willing to engage with any professional groups?
Things like this affect everyone differently, there's no set procedure for dealing with the grief or pain.
It can come in random bursts with no trigger or be triggered by places/things that have a sentimental meaning ect...
My only advice would to be focus on the good times as much as possible, the times when you took the piss out of each other for a laugh, memorable trips and events; and as many positive memories as you can.
My condolences
Regards
GN

*edit*
Please feel free to mail me if you fancy a chat about it, or anything :)
Try not to bottle up your feelings about this, it will only do more harm than good in the long run
*edit*
They say pain is relative, it certainly feels like a relative of mine... One that I can't get rid of.
i really dont where else to seek advise at min thanks guys
The great thing about this forum is that there will always be someone here that is happy to listen or just chat :)
They might not know exactly what you're going through but there is always someone here :)
Drop into the shoutbox sone time if you ever feel like chatting in real time with someone instead of post by post
Regards
GN
They say pain is relative, it certainly feels like a relative of mine... One that I can't get rid of.
will do cheers pal
I hope that you're OK hoodieninja. 

In retrospect, you are correct to seek people who similar things have happened to. I've sent you a PM that I'd like you to read. It's the best I can do. 

All the best.
it was good to see you in the shoutbox the other day, and hope you're well :)
Getting used to living with things like this will take a while and quite a lot of getting used to :(
But even if it seems like it's taking forever don't give up hope, all that means is they were a very important person to you.
There's no time limit on grief :)
Regards
GN
I'd say see your GP and try to get referred to a psychiatrist or group centred on grieving, or possibly even survivors guilt in your case.

There's people here happy to talk with you and help you through this, which can help in a lot of cases with grief, but if it's deeper than just grieving the loss of a friend then professional help should definitely be sought.

Other than discussing with some people here (probably in private due to the nature) professional help is the best way for coming up with mechanisms to help you cope when you're not able to talk to somebody.
https://drug.cafe Encrypted Messaging & Chat Rooms
https://forum.drug.cafe Forum
[Image: 3ANSKL2.png]

Need to e-mail me?
^ very well said ^
Regards
GN

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter