• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

What is your favourite book?
As I can't post in the other thread about favourite books, I though I'd start my own one. It's a system called anarchy, and I've really good at it.

For fiction, it's not a well known book, but so beautifully crafted, I simply cannot fault it despite it not having the largeness or clever message that so many books carry. But it's ability to play with its own format, is the work of master-mason.

A Word Child by Iris Murdoch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Word_Child
Is it because of the spelling of favourite?
The Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks

I carry it everywhere I go.
Back once again...
just finished reading "the churchill factor" by Boris Johnson - highly recommend it
Terry Goodkind

Sword of Truth  series is excellent

The clan of the cave bear(earths children) series
Jean M.Auel
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.  Very different type of comedic fiction, amazing plot set in 60's New Orleans.  Central character is a "huge, obese, fractious, fastidious, a latter-day Gargantua, a Don Quixote of the French Quarter", following his... odd point of view as he ventures through New Orleans interacting with characters just as nuts as he is.  

Amazing book, shame the author offed himself..  Sadly, the book wasn't discovered until 11 years later.  Would've loved to see what else the author could put out, this one is just so well written, and the plot is as unique as they get.  Check it out, well worth the time.
Had to read the pigman by paul zindel for my o-level as a back up book as they originally gave us northanger abbey by jane austin to read as part of the course but being an all boys school nobody actually read it many many years ago. I remember i did enjoy it and when by daughter was doing her o level she came home with the same book
(20-02-2016, 02:14 PM)zombywoof Wrote: Had to read the pigman by paul zindel for my o-level as a back up book as they originally gave us northanger abbey by jane austin to read as part of the course but being an all boys school nobody actually read it many many years ago. I remember i did enjoy it and when by daughter was doing her o level she came home with the same book

I remember being assigned that book in my first year of highschool - the name immediatley threw me off base for the book, but it was a good read...  I still think the name was wierd, because there was absolutely nnop emphasis other than a few paragraphs about the pig thing..  Huh.  Good book in any case
I take it your american like our teacher was he was the one who had me reading all the american teenage classics like the outsiders, and rumblefish and of course catcher in the rye

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter