• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Warning: "Red Superman" cstasy pills with high dose of PMMA in Europe (again)
(31-10-2016, 05:38 PM)Tails Wrote: The press has been around years also.. most popular presses tend to get copied by less reputable people in the end.

You will see many 200mg~ reports of very similar looking pills that only contained MDMA if you look.

Anybody who takes anything that has not been tested is an idiot, though these PMMA pills are very rare in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah - these Superman pills have a very high amount of PMMA in them. Most PMMA pills have a much lower and less lethal dose (though there doesn't seem to be a safe dose as such). Someone dosed these as if the chemical was MDMA, whcih  suggests that PMMA in powder from was supplied to someone who presed their own pills, but didn't even verify that they actually had MDMA - had they known it was PMMA and they were OK with making pills fron it a lower dose would make more pills and attract less attention. More money, less hassle. So this is presumably a case of PMMA being missold within the manufacture and production level. The naivety of not testing the chemical provided to you by fellow criminals in your enterprise suggests a lack of experience and chemistry knowledge (or, "Hey, want to buy a pill press with me? I know these guys who can get hold of pure ecstasy powder. Easy money, right? What can possibly go wrong?").
(31-10-2016, 09:15 PM)niamh Wrote:
(31-10-2016, 05:38 PM)Tails Wrote: The press has been around years also.. most popular presses tend to get copied by less reputable people in the end.

You will see many 200mg~ reports of very similar looking pills that only contained MDMA if you look.

Anybody who takes anything that has not been tested is an idiot, though these PMMA pills are very rare in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah - these Superman pills have a very high amount of PMMA in them. Most PMMA pills have a much lower and less lethal dose (though there doesn't seem to be a safe dose as such). Someone dosed these as if the chemical was MDMA, whcih  suggests that PMMA in powder from was supplied to someone who presed their own pills, but didn't even verify that they actually had MDMA - had they known it was PMMA and they were OK with making pills fron it a lower dose would make more pills and attract less attention. More money, less hassle. So this is presumably a case of PMMA being missold within the manufacture and production level. The naivety of not testing the chemical provided to you by fellow criminals in your enterprise suggests a lack of experience and chemistry knowledge (or, "Hey, want to buy a pill press with me? I know these guys who can get hold of pure ecstasy powder. Easy money, right? What can possibly go wrong?").

Yep. I'm very sure the biggest presser crews are actually involved in the MD synth also.. whoever made these is clearly not.. just some jokers with a die and a second hand TDP 0 press. It almost seems malicious.. copied popular press that started off coming from well know pressers and PMMA is just nasty, how would they not have known/tested this in such a large operation? I once suspected the .gov of doing this to "get the message across" but that is just me over thinking it I guess.

PMMA is just nasty and worthless IMO. No psychoactive effects from the 100mg~ mark just increased blood pressure and heart rate.
Niamh found Nutts the source of the plausable speculation on PMA manufacture (from mixmag):

Professor David Nutt agrees that the likely scenario is that clandestine chemists use anethole in a trial run, to test new lab set-ups, and then sell the resulting PMA to unscrupulous pill pressers. Making PMA involves an identical set of chemical reactions to making MDMA – only the precursor is different. Think about it: if you had a limited amount of very expensive safrole or PMK, and you had a new lab, or a new chemist, you'd want to test your kit out. A trial run making PMA from anethole would help you practice the technique and avoid losing valuable precursors – and you'd make some money back. Any chemists out there, please get in touch and and confirm whether this is right or wrong.
Ever the pragmatist, Professor Nutt advises users how to avoid harming themselves with these toxic pills. "Never take more than one pill, particularly if you get no effects after an hour, as PMA and PMMA are slow-acting. Always use with friends and nominate one of your group not to take anything so can get help if you fall ill."
If you buy new batches of pills, start low: try a half, or a quarter, and watch yourself and your mates closely. Do not re-dose if the come-up is slow or strange. No buzz is worth dying for, or ending up in A&E.

This is intended to keep doses and risks low but of course it’s know the PMA pills mentioned in the article were 173mg. Testing is a fair better and inexpensive way to check for the likely primary compound and more than one reagent test type  can home it down fairly reasonably(see chart):

https://www.reagent-tests.uk/reagent-test-colours/
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
That sounds about right.. could also explain the pills that have tiny traces of PMMA in (equipment not cleaned properly?).

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter