• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WEDINOS and UKCR
Yesterday I had the great opportunity to meet with the very lovely people from WEDINOS.  The meeting eventually lasted around three and a half hours with me sidetracking conversation and generally being me!

What has transpired are some really positive outcomes for all of us here at UKCR regarding collaboration with this incredibly pioneering and forward thinking initiative.

WEDINOS have apologised for some of the sampling results that have been changed or were incorrect, they have addressed the staffing issue that was causing the problem and understand how important this is to people.  It was a very humble and heartfelt apology for which I cant really apportion blame.  I imagine even in the best establishments these things can happen.

WEDINOS would also like to engage with us here at UKCR early next year in some research work around the service and how its impacting on its users to which I have given my full support.

We also have an extremely wide channel of communication with them and I'm really happy to hear that they understand the need for harm reduction and that blanket banning will cause more harm than good.
Theres an awful lot of work to be done to convince lots of people this is the way forward but im very hopeful that together we can have a bigger louder voice.

They genuinely are a great team of people and im honoured and flattered they think so highly of what we as a community do here.

They also have asked please when posting samples can you make sure the postage is covered as lots of samples are being sent without the correct or no postage.  DO NOT knowingly send controlled substances in the post as they wont be analysed and also a basic analysis of any chemical can be done from less than 1mg of the substance.  If a full analysis needs to be done then a 20mg sample is ample.

The primary methods of analysis for samples received by the WEDINOS project are: TOF-MS (Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry) and NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectroscopy). These methods of analysis are coupled with the following secondary methods: GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-PDA, UV-VIS Spectrometry, Melting Point and Chemical Tests.

We are also looking at re designing the submissions form around source of product for example purchase location internet, from a friend etc.

If anyone has any questions regarding the service or aspects of the work please post them here or PM me.  If you have sent in a sample and you have the reference number and no result then please let me know and I can chase for you.  They are a pretty small but very busy team so patience is needed but the door is open for us!
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

I figured this would have a positive outcome but I am surprised at the enormous magnitude of that positivity. Great work Blod and I can't wait to see what more good comes from this :)
(18-11-2014, 12:44 PM)Allan Wrote: I figured this would have a positive outcome but I am surprised at the enormous magnitude of that positivity. Great work Blod and I can't wait to see what more good comes from this :)

Indeed..
Sounds really interesting its great work they are doing I always thought it was just the dutch who had access to stuff like this.
I'm delighted to see this liaison. The folks at WEDINOS do an awesome job, and don't get half the credit they deserve. Kudos for the report.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ Terence McKenna
Great work. You're doing a great job. :)
I don't suppose they mentioned when we might expect the results of the MDAI?
(18-11-2014, 10:06 PM)birdsong Wrote: I don't suppose they mentioned when we might expect the results of the MDAI?

It's been a while... W002850
Its gone for NMR testing.  Wedinos literally HSS one person updating the webpage and that person has a whole host of other duties please be patient the results will appear.
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

(19-11-2014, 07:49 AM)Blodwyn Wrote: Its gone for NMR testing.  Wedinos literally HSS one person updating the webpage and that person has a whole host of other duties please be patient the results will appear.

How long does this take?

Did they receive it? Have they lost it?

W002850

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter