• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trance Music

Gets me in and out, every time...

(23-12-2012, 04:27 PM)Sepher Wrote: Hate it Ophidian. Every trance cliche going and as a purist of the old school, beyond a short vocal sample here or there if you absolutely must, generally there is no place for like, proper singing and lyrics and choruses and shit in techno. The Andrew Ravel was marginally better but its still trance by numbers: four to the floor stomp straight through with nothing might make the beats a little more interesting or switch things up a little, obligatory hands in the air breakdown half-way through, all spacey washes and acid stabs from the same 'How-to-make-a-trance-record' starter pack of sounds every fucker else uses on their records , doesn't really build or play with the energy beyond the breakdown. Seen it all before a million times over.

Decent progressive stuff much more inventive every which way and though I find tech and minimal a little dull quite often and stuff like glitch and complextro a little annoying there's a lot more thought and skill goes into them too trying to do something novel. Trance generally just seems stuck in the past the same now as it was 10 years ago. Hours and hours of it in a club would do my head in.

I also found it to be quite boring i'm afraid... Generic trance would be a good category for this track. It has a very particular sound that is exactly the same as a lot of "generic" trance out there that has a completely unoriginal and straightforward melody.

Now, if any of you want to hear the greatest piece of music ever created, check this out (i know it's long but it is a masterpiece):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At_D954gPtU

Try it when you're tripping and you will experience wisdom, understanding and pure love!

(28-01-2013, 12:44 PM)Sepher Wrote: Mozart of trance music? WTF?? Doesn't say much for trance music Empiricist if that's reckoned to be among the best stuff out there. Awful shite! Now this is trance music. Progressive trance, ten years old this track, pisses all over that Mozart bloke:

More like this here:

https://soundcloud.com/howard2009/billy-...paul-daley

https://soundcloud.com/simon-smith/simon...rogressive

You need to listen to this (so does everyone actually!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ900-1P3o8
Professor Monkey Wrote:You need to listen to this (so does everyone actually!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ900-1P3o8

I'm glad to see we are of one mind far as Empiricist's shocking lack of musical taste goes Prof. Most gratifying to see. lol I wasn't so taken with your first link but ^that^ sounds nicely old school, I quite like that.

Course, when I say old-school trance I mean things like this ( though perhaps of a slightly different kind, acid trance maybe? ):

Hardfloor ~ Acperience 1

You'll not find better TB303 knob twiddling anywhere. :) Or something more Goa trance maybe:

Infinity Project ~ Telepathy

Infinity Project ~ Hyperspaced

^Simon Posford FTW, everything he's done is just gold!
more of an acid techno man and dj hellfish man meself but always loved this track.

I imagine I'm on a rollercoater flying through space

really prefer me 303's back in the day. Like so...

I love this excited

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.
(23-12-2012, 04:27 PM)Sepher Wrote: Hate it Ophidian. Every trance cliche going and as a purist of the old school, beyond a short vocal sample here or there if you absolutely must, generally there is no place for like, proper singing and lyrics and choruses and shit in techno. The Andrew Ravel was marginally better but its still trance by numbers: four to the floor stomp straight through with nothing might make the beats a little more interesting or switch things up a little, obligatory hands in the air breakdown half-way through, all spacey washes and acid stabs from the same 'How-to-make-a-trance-record' starter pack of sounds every fucker else uses on their records , doesn't really build or play with the energy beyond the breakdown. Seen it all before a million times over.

Decent progressive stuff much more inventive every which way and though I find tech and minimal a little dull quite often and stuff like glitch and complextro a little annoying there's a lot more thought and skill goes into them too trying to do something novel. Trance generally just seems stuck in the past the same now as it was 10 years ago. Hours and hours of it in a club would do my head in.

Couldn't agree more. Much of the modern offerings could easily have been produced ten years ago. Progressive trance is the only type that holds any appeal for me.

Neelix FTW! ;o)

Nice choice with Neelix

Also this has to be one of my favourite progressive house tunes:

Andrew Bayer is thumbup

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter