• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Time to draw the line?
Been away for a while and have come back to the forum in the post PSA 2016 era.  I totally respect the time and effort that Blod and everyone else has put into this place.  I can only imagine her fustration trying to introduce a message of harm reduction into schools and such like.

However, I feel in the current climate there is no longer really any benifit to be had from playing along with Big Brother.  In fact the rules regarding discussion of illegals ect.  are perhaps detrimental to the site being a credible source of information as regards harm reduction.

Is it not time to perhaps time to adopt a policy similar to that of BL.  There really seems, to my ignorant eye, no point in continuing to play by the rules.  If this site has any ambitions of being a community where people can discuss their use of psychoactive substances, and how best to do so safely then IMO this ban of discussing illegals really has to stop.

I know that it's easy for me to type and that the great folk who put so much time and effort into this place will know many things that I do not.  Not withstanding surely it is time to cut all ties with the establishment and basically say,  FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
(04-09-2016, 08:24 AM)Stalk76 Wrote: Been away for a while and have come back to the forum in the post PSA 2016 era.  I totally respect the time and effort that Blod and everyone else has put into this place.  I can only imagine her fustration trying to introduce a message of harm reduction into schools and such like.

However, I feel in the current climate there is no longer really any benifit to be had from playing along with Big Brother.  In fact the rules regarding discussion of illegals ect.  are perhaps detrimental to the site being a credible source of information as regards harm reduction.

Is it not time to perhaps time to adopt a policy similar to that of BL.  There really seems, to my ignorant eye, no point in continuing to play by the rules.  If this site has any ambitions of being a community where people can discuss their use of psychoactive substances, and how best to do so safely then IMO this ban of discussing illegals really has to stop.

I know that it's easy for me to type and that the great folk who put so much time and effort into this place will know many things that I do not.  Not withstanding surely it is time to cut all ties with the establishment and basically say,  FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Hear, hear.

I don't think we need to represent the RATM message, *but* I regard honesty and transparency as absolutely fundamental to HR. We have recently been asked about overdoses in situations where, if the opening gambit had been "Does anyone know anything about deschloroketamine?" they'd promptly have been told where to go.

It is well understood that with a forum or website, there is one name at the bottom of the page, and such a policy is not popular here; I have made the case for it in the past. I'd hoped we had the momentum to build something else, but it did not meet with many responses. Thank you for raising it again, though. It continues to stand in the way of transparency, honesty and (other than for matters of discretion) the fundamental aim of disseminating HR information.
UKCR has been allowing discussion of illegals since before the ban. I believe the rules still ban discussion of future intent to purchase illegals, but discussing them in general or even mentioning you use them is definitely allowed. I've made multiple threads about Xanax for example as it is replacing etizolam and the other RC benzos post-ban. Only time I got told off is when prices were discussed which is fair enough as that edges a bit too close to sourcing than they're comfortable with I suppose.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
There are already website (such as bluelight) doing a very professional job of this. It's a very big task.
Some thought has been put into this for a while and perhaps it will be possible to present a new emphasis at somepoint but that would require passing from above as well as certainty that the form of it doesn’t put people at legal risk challenge; I don’t think that UKCR has BL resources to deal with such an event and “Fuck you” would be an own goal if it meant recieving problematic attention. As has been said illegals have been open to some discussion for harm reduction purposes - post PSA sourcing of almost any sort is out (zopiclone off the doctor or a Shiraz from Aldi is legal and fine) - an easy way to judge if illegals are dicussable for present is past tense - if it’s relivant to HR that you have taken cocaine at somepoint it’s no problem to mention but it’s prudent not to plan the next month of cocaine abuse here as it stands
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
We should draw the line in cocaine
don't think of this as the end, think of it as a chance to make new friends with dealers

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter