• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tianeptine
Anyone know how this is for Kratom withdrawal? If it's antidepressant then I imagine it'd take the edge off a bit, and if sensibly dosed maybe not dangerous? Also guess it won't be sold after the ban so finding won't be an issue if it ceases to be available.
(14-03-2016, 05:24 PM)SteveBrule44 Wrote: Anyone know how this is for Kratom withdrawal? If it's antidepressant then I imagine it'd take the edge off a bit, and if sensibly dosed maybe not dangerous? Also guess it won't be sold after the ban so finding won't be an issue if it ceases to be available.

I dont know Steve, reports coming in are suggesting to use with caution. Best to research it.

This really helps Steve

https://www.ukchemicalresearch.org/Threa...+ascorbate

I know it sounds crazy but research it. I bought the proper stuff in the links. Some people use Vit C tabs but they cause the shits. This stuff dosnt.

Also i think it would be a good time steve to buy some stem and vein. Kratom.co.uk have it. Really good for withdrawals.
Interesting. I'm strangely not that concerned about withdrawing this time but maybe that's false sense of security. I'll prob not order tianeptine anyway, it's just these 'last chance' buys are hard to resist
Consider the ascorbate to its better than anything ive tried.
I think tianeptine is worth a shot for kratom withdrawl.  I used it effectively to help me through a stimulant withdrawal (and the accompanying benzo addiction I didn’t even know I had — isn’t that often the case!).  It’s definitely hitting some of the same receptors as kratom as, if I take both kratom and tianeptine together, I get itchy as hell.

Therein lies the gamble; if you start taking BOTH, you’ll be in even bigger trouble. 

However, at sensible doses (< 25mg), tianaptine offers some great benefits. A nice mood lift, a sense of general well-being, it helps you exercise on those days you lack motivation.  It also offers long-term neuroprotective benefits and there is some research to suggest it helps memory consolidation. 

It all depends how rigid you are with your withdrawal.  Like others have said, if you’re prone to addiction, I’d probably avoid it.
(14-03-2016, 06:03 PM)SteveBrule44 Wrote: Interesting. I'm strangely not that concerned about withdrawing this time but maybe that's false sense of security. I'll prob not order tianeptine anyway, it's just these 'last chance' buys are hard to resist

Haha yeah, I'm almost going to be relieved once the ban's in effect. This 'FOMO' panic isn't doing any good for my bank balance. I've definitely had a few "what the hell are you doing" moments just before pulling the trigger on £100's worth of stuff I wouldn't take even if it was free over the past couple of months. 

Anyway, not sure what your krat habit is like, but I was at about 10ish grams a day for about nine months. Not a huge one by any measure, but enough to get some pretty decent trad opiate withdrawals when I missed some days because of the Christmas post (I have a moderate chronic pain condition that mostly effects my legs in a very similar way to the withdrawal aches anyway, so that didn't help). Might not be ideal with the ban so close, but my method when I did fully quit was to stock up with a huge bag of stem and vein and do a haphazard taper. I wasn't weighing it out or anything, just eyeball reducing over about a month. Zero physical symptoms even on the first krat-free day. Had some fairly bad anxiety stuff for a month or two afterwards, but I'd just moved cities and jobs so who knows on that front. One surprising thing was that even on the last few days where I was literally taking about a fifth of a teaspoon of s&v (supposedly pretty low on alkaloids) I could still feel it, more so even than some of the more 'heroic' doses I'd done in the past. Placebo or tolerance I guess, but weird anyway. 

Anyway, out of all opiates, opiods and stuff (like tianeptine) that act the same way, krat (unless you're on a bottle of fst or a bag of strong extract a day or something) seems to be the most forgiving in terms of w/d's. I'd personally cold turkey it if you can (though I can fully understand if that's a no go), or just get a load of stem and vein and taper. There's less temptation to relapse as well with it as well, purely because it won't give half the buzz that normal leaf will. Feel free to shoot me a pm any time if you want. Sorry if you know all this already :) .
Sodium Ascorbate helped me. I agree good stem and vein works really well.
I found a good source for Tianeptine on Ebay, the-tianeptine-store

I strongly recommend the sulfate version over the sodium version as the sulfate form lasts all day and does not require redosing. It keeps better too, it is not hygroscopic like the sodium form, so won't clump into a rock after exposure to the air and humidity.

The effect of a single 100mg dose is, to me, comparable to Maeng Da Thai kratom or Tramadol, but feels cleaner and lasts longer. I get a really good nights sleep on it too.

I only use occasionally, once per week max, to avoid addiction and withdrawal. The withdrawal from this sounds worse than kratom withdrawal.
(21-03-2016, 09:51 AM)Mazzy Wrote: I found a good source for Tianeptine on Ebay, the-tianeptine-store

I strongly recommend the sulfate version over the sodium version as the sulfate form lasts all day and does not require redosing. It keeps better too, it is not hygroscopic like the sodium form, so won't clump into a rock after exposure to the air and humidity.

The effect of a single 100mg dose is, to me, comparable to Maeng Da Thai kratom or Tramadol, but feels cleaner and lasts longer. I get a really good nights sleep on it too.

I only use occasionally, once per week max, to avoid addiction and withdrawal. The withdrawal from this sounds worse than kratom withdrawal.

Is there any research done on the comlete profile of the sulphate version? The sdium one is known to have very little side-effects. Sulphate version...not so much.

May be it is a good alternative to buy the sodium version, put it in capsulesat the desired dose. If you do it immediately after opening the can or bag you will have no troube with the hygroscopic effect (lumping together, becoming goey) afterwards.
(21-03-2016, 10:23 AM)J.S. Wrote:
(21-03-2016, 09:51 AM)Mazzy Wrote: I found a good source for Tianeptine on Ebay, the-tianeptine-store

Is there any research done on the comlete profile of the sulphate version? The sdium one is known to have very little side-effects. Sulphate version...not so much.

May be it is a good alternative to buy the sodium version, put it in capsulesat the desired dose. If you do it immediately after opening the can or bag you will have no troube with the hygroscopic effect (lumping together, becoming goey) afterwards.

There is some patent information on the sulfate form with lots of info here: http://www.google.co.uk/patents/US8198268

I like the fact that you can just take a single dose first thing in the morning and it will last all day, just slowly and smoothly wearing off at night time. It gives me a great night's sleep.

I have never tried the sodium form so cannot compare, but I think you can find comparisons on bluelight and drugs-forum.

Can only report one possible side effect and that is that the next day I feel a little more tired.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter