• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tianeptine
newstanootropics hve been on the go for agesm only heard goodthings i think

Try everything twice Because who knows, you might have got it wrong the first time

C
Ebay

My wife has had good results for her depression with Edge Supplements - the sulphate version.

I'd urge anyone to seriously consider this before going down the SSRI route for depression.  Some good research documents out there and appears to be a very underrated compound with possible nootropic benefits.

Abusable in high doses so best avoided unless you're looking to use for legitimate antidepressant purposes.  'Worse withdrawals than heroin' has been mentioned more than once in the various reports I've seen.

niamh edited 14-03-2016 09:25 AM this post because:

While it's fine to talk about your own experiences with the drug, recommending that other people consider a medication for treatment of a medical issue like depression is something only a doctor should be doing stuff none of us are qualified to do so.

(13-03-2016, 03:51 PM)ferret Wrote:
(13-03-2016, 03:31 PM)Mr Green Plant Wrote: Do you know a good source to buy this from and dose? this stuff interests me. Ive heard loads about it. Ive only seen it avaidable overseas which means days of waiting. Keep well..

I got mine on ebay from tianeptine-store.  Can't vouch for the product as I've not yet tried it, but delivery was very fast (2 days I think, UK seller anyway) and the price seems reasonable. The standard dose as an antidepressant is 12.5mg three times a day (in the wiki article IIRC.)

@J.S.  Thanks, that's interesting and tallies with what I've read so far.  Seems like it never took off as a medicine outside of France and Russia - doesn't mean it's ineffective though. 

What interests me is its antidepressant effect is supposed to be almost instant, which suggests it could be used as-needed on 'down days' instead of dosing every day as with SSRIs (and their associated side effects which put me off taking them every day.)

I think I should try this soon, so I know whether it's worth stocking up before the Psychoactive Substances Act comes into effect.

Be careful, I also got mine from tianeptine-store last summer and the powder began to clump as soon as I opened the bag. A few days later it literally became a rock.
(14-03-2016, 01:25 AM)RSaddicted Wrote:
(13-03-2016, 03:51 PM)ferret Wrote:
(13-03-2016, 03:31 PM)Mr Green Plant Wrote: Do you know a good source to buy this from and dose? this stuff interests me. Ive heard loads about it. Ive only seen it avaidable overseas which means days of waiting. Keep well..

I got mine on ebay from tianeptine-store.  Can't vouch for the product as I've not yet tried it, but delivery was very fast (2 days I think, UK seller anyway) and the price seems reasonable. The standard dose as an antidepressant is 12.5mg three times a day (in the wiki article IIRC.)

@J.S.  Thanks, that's interesting and tallies with what I've read so far.  Seems like it never took off as a medicine outside of France and Russia - doesn't mean it's ineffective though. 

What interests me is its antidepressant effect is supposed to be almost instant, which suggests it could be used as-needed on 'down days' instead of dosing every day as with SSRIs (and their associated side effects which put me off taking them every day.)

I think I should try this soon, so I know whether it's worth stocking up before the Psychoactive Substances Act comes into effect.

Be careful, I also got mine from tianeptine-store last summer and the powder began to clump as soon as I opened the bag. A few days later it literally became a rock.

I know pal i remember chatting with you about how it could become addicting and u were wary of that 2. I think the sulfate version dosnt clump up and lasts longer. A friend knows about it and rekoned i flush it.

I bought some on a whim. I might try it once but by the sounds of things it could be dangerous and addicting like kratom which ive finally quit. I,m still thinking of ordering more kratom, its a devil telling me to do so but i have to remember the misery it caused me even though a good strain can make you feel wonderful for a while. I cant just take it once though, pure addiction. i just cant seem to control anything opiate based. Hope your well pal. The sodium ascorbate really helped me immensely. I made a thread on the stuff if you read about it. Some people may pour scorn on it but its proven to work.
All kratom did was make me feel sick. But I realise many like it.

As we're in the final days of this madness, I decided to go ahead and make a small order of 2grams of tianeptine from nootropics.co.uk. Let's see if it arrives and how it affects me.
Be good; but if you can't be good, be careful ]:->
(14-03-2016, 01:25 AM)RSaddicted Wrote: Be careful, I also got mine from tianeptine-store last summer and the powder began to clump as soon as I opened the bag. A few days later it literally became a rock.

That's normal for the sodium salt, no matter which supplier.  It doesn't lose potency when it absorbs atmospheric moisture and clumps, but it's hard to work with and weighing becomes a guessing game because of the extra water.  I'm keeping mine in a sealed tin with silica gel, I've heard somewhere (Reddit I think) that dissolving the lot in water and doing volumetric dosing is fine, you don't have to worry about clumping then.

(14-03-2016, 01:36 AM)Mr Green Plant Wrote:
(14-03-2016, 01:25 AM)RSaddicted Wrote: Be careful, I also got mine from tianeptine-store last summer and the powder began to clump as soon as I opened the bag. A few days later it literally became a rock.

I know pal i remember chatting with you about how it could become addicting and u were wary of that 2. I think the sulfate version dosnt clump up and lasts longer. A friend knows about it and rekoned i flush it.

I bought some on a whim. I might try it once but by the sounds of things it could be dangerous and addicting like kratom which ive finally quit. I,m still thinking of ordering more kratom, its a devil telling me to do so but i have to remember the misery it caused me even though a good strain can make you feel wonderful for a while. I cant just take it once though, pure addiction. i just cant seem to control anything opiate based. Hope your well pal. The sodium ascorbate really helped me immensely. I made a thread on the stuff if you read about it. Some people may pour scorn on it but its proven to work.

If you haven't already, please read this thread in the HR section.  To paraphrase: "And let me just say the withdrawal from this drug is just as bad as heroin", which sounds pretty terrifying if you use enough to develop an addiction.  If you've had a problem with kratom in the past, I'd be worried about getting into similar trouble again.
(14-03-2016, 03:41 PM)ferret Wrote:

That's normal for the sodium salt, no matter which supplier.  It doesn't lose potency when it absorbs atmospheric moisture and clumps, but it's hard to work with and weighing becomes a guessing game because of the extra water.  I'm keeping mine in a sealed tin with silica gel, I've heard somewhere (Reddit I think) that dissolving the lot in water and doing volumetric dosing is fine, you don't have to worry about clumping then.

(14-03-2016, 01:36 AM)Mr Green Plant Wrote:

If you haven't already, please read this thread in the HR section.  To paraphrase: "And let me just say the withdrawal from this drug is just as bad as heroin", which sounds pretty terrifying if you use enough to develop an addiction.  If you've had a problem with kratom in the past, I'd be worried about getting into similar trouble again.

Thankyou for that link. I ordered some like an idiot. Yeah kratom hooked me with its claws. It will probably go in the trash now. I appreciate your concern man and info, this is what this site needs more of and people who care. Thankyou.
I'm a big fan of Tianeptine.  I buy it direct from edge-supplements.com and can recommend them as a quality source.  

I use it daily but have gone several days without using it and never experienced any noticeable withdrawals.  I don't take excessive dosages (20mg 3x daily and never exceed 100mg / day).  If anything, I get irritable and short tempered if I take too much.  It's worth noting that in the withdrawal case cited in the harm reduction section the guy had an existing IV heroin habit; and I don't think it states how much they were using daily?
He was probably using a much higher dose to get high. I read somewhere (Reddit I think) that you need 50-150 mg to get any recreational effects. I obviously don't recommend taking such absurd doses and I hope no one is considering doing that.
(14-03-2016, 04:47 PM)RSaddicted Wrote: He was probably using a much higher dose to get high. I read somewhere (Reddit I think) that you need 50-150 mg to get any recreational effects. I obviously don't recommend taking such absurd doses and I hope no one is considering doing that.

He got through 100g in three months, so over a gram a day!  I don't think normal usage would be a problem at all, but for people susceptible to opioid addiction, there's a risk that your doses are going to escalate over time until you have a problem.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter