• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tianeptine
There doesn't seem to be a thread for this (aside from someone's addiction experiences in the HR section) so I'd like to start one.

Wikipedia article

I bought a couple of grams (one each of the sodium salt and the sulfate) a while ago out of curiosity, but haven't tried them yet.

I'm interested to hear of people's experiences and thoughts, whether you're using it for depression, as a nootropic or for its opioid-like properties.
Iveonlt hada very small ammount and used it briefly but i did notice definate anti depressant effects, i wasnt depresed at the time either but it certainly lightened my mood, Id have to have more to give much more thought on this sorry

Try everything twice Because who knows, you might have got it wrong the first time

C
(13-03-2016, 11:04 AM)ferret Wrote: There doesn't seem to be a thread for this (aside from someone's addiction experiences in the HR section) so I'd like to start one.

Wikipedia article

I bought a couple of grams (one each of the sodium salt and the sulfate) a while ago out of curiosity, but haven't tried them yet.

I'm interested to hear of people's experiences and thoughts, whether you're using it for depression, as a nootropic or for its opioid-like properties.

I know a few who used it for depression. It was called Stablon, which would be the sodium version. I also tried it just to see what happened since I am not depressed or anxious nothing happened (I guess). That was 3* 12,5 mg for 14 days. Also no side effects, no building up and nothing noticed when I stopped. I think the side-effect profile is known to be pretty good.

This stuff seems to be broken down in the blood and not in the liver and it has a short halflife. The sulphate version in powder is much nicer as it is not as hygroscopic, whereas the sodium becomes rocky hard. However: the sodium version has been researched for its effectiveness etc whereas the sulphate version isn't...How can we be sure the later works? It is suggested it has a much  longer halflife, but how is it broken down, how about liverenzymes etc?

People who used it did not feel any sides either and most I know of indeed felt better (most quite fast) but no longer have contact with them so what happened I don't know. This was about 10 yrs ago so....

In total I wonder how effective this is, it never caught on but that does not say a lot. Pharma is here to make a profit and they tend to test their own medicines. A powerfull company seems a better indicator for a good outcome of a medication than a powerfull medication itself...
(13-03-2016, 11:55 AM)J.S. Wrote:
(13-03-2016, 11:04 AM)ferret Wrote: There doesn't seem to be a thread for this (aside from someone's addiction experiences in the HR section) so I'd like to start one.

Wikipedia article

I know a few who used it for depression. It was called Stablon, which would be the sodium version. I also tried it just to see what happened since I am not depressed or anxious nothing happened (I guess). That was 3* 12,5 mg for 14 days. Also no side effects, no building up and nothing noticed when I stopped. I think the side-effect profile is known to be pretty good.

This stuff seems to be broken down in the blood and not in the liver and it has a short halflife. The sulphate version in powder is much nicer as it is not as hygroscopic, whereas the sodium becomes rocky hard. However: the sodium version has been researched for its effectiveness etc whereas the sulphate version isn't...How can we be sure the later works? It is suggested it has a much  longer halflife, but how is it broken down, how about liverenzymes etc?

People who used it did not feel any sides either and most I know of indeed felt better (most quite fast) but no longer have contact with them so what happened I don't know. This was about 10 yrs ago so....

In total I wonder how effective this is, it never caught on but that does not say a lot. Pharma is here to make a profit and they tend to test their own medicines. A powerfull company seems a better indicator for a good outcome of a medication than a powerfull medication itself...

Do you know a good source to buy this from and dose? this stuff interests me. Ive heard loads about it. Ive only seen it avaidable overseas which means days of waiting. Keep well..
i seen a US source the other day that seeme very cheap i think its mostly noots so nothing uk illlegal, ill check

https://newmind.com/shipping

Cheap enough from there i think.Postage may be a while but standard US-UK i what 8-12 days.

There will be pleanty of other sources i just spied this one last nightas far as doses go yould have to read into it a little more than i have ive seen it avaliable in quants of 25mgs but ive also heard of people going much more than that.

Try everything twice Because who knows, you might have got it wrong the first time

C
(13-03-2016, 03:31 PM)Mr Green Plant Wrote: Do you know a good source to buy this from and dose? this stuff interests me. Ive heard loads about it. Ive only seen it avaidable overseas which means days of waiting. Keep well..

I got mine on ebay from tianeptine-store.  Can't vouch for the product as I've not yet tried it, but delivery was very fast (2 days I think, UK seller anyway) and the price seems reasonable. The standard dose as an antidepressant is 12.5mg three times a day (in the wiki article IIRC.)

@J.S.  Thanks, that's interesting and tallies with what I've read so far.  Seems like it never took off as a medicine outside of France and Russia - doesn't mean it's ineffective though. 

What interests me is its antidepressant effect is supposed to be almost instant, which suggests it could be used as-needed on 'down days' instead of dosing every day as with SSRIs (and their associated side effects which put me off taking them every day.)

I think I should try this soon, so I know whether it's worth stocking up before the Psychoactive Substances Act comes into effect.
(13-03-2016, 03:31 PM)Mr Green Plant Wrote:
(13-03-2016, 11:55 AM)J.S. Wrote:

Wikipedia article

Do you know a good source to buy this from and dose? this stuff interests me. Ive heard loads about it. Ive only seen it avaidable overseas which means days of waiting. Keep well..

https://www.intellimeds.net/tianeptine-tablets

Sodium form tablet but quite expensive, UK based.

https://www.nootropics.co.uk/product/tia...e-sulfate/
Uk based too, seems a good price...

USA based
https://newstarnootropics.com/tianeptine

Never ordered there, but since you are in the UK this notion is nice to know:
"Our top countries for quick and easy importation are Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Israel, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom."

So I don't know this last one out of experience, bumped into them yesterday for Phenibut but this comes across as a good site with sensible information. And nice to note that UK is no problem to send to.

Hope it helps. Good luck!
Thanks ferret, if anyone can chip in who have tried this substance id be very gratefull
i been taking tianeptine for about a year, been abusing it at doses >100mg to someone without a tolerance gives a great buzz, i find it very forgiving regarding withdrawals, ie hammering doses and not feeling any sides the next couple of days but its lost its effect pretty much for me, need to give it a proper break - i get mine from powdercity or teamTLR - both companies post with codes that dont attract import duties, well for the amount i purchased at a time 10g - its an amazing drug, well i think it is
Kool how does it comapre to kratom? Thanks for all those links. I just ordered from nootropics.co.uk

Anyone know if nootropics uk is a good trustworthy site or have i blown my money away?

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter