• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This Man Took 140 Drugs and Wrote a Harm Reduction Bible - VICE
I'm sure you've all seen this thread at one point, and some of you do own the book:
The Honest Drug Book & The UKCR Forum

Well I just saw an article at VICE pop up interviewing a familiar face that you should all have a good read over:
This Man Took 140 Drugs and Wrote a Harm Reduction Bible

VICE Wrote:What does a person who has taken 140 different drugs look like?

I didn't know what to expect before Skyping Dominic Milton Trott, author of The Honest Drugs Book – but really, his appearance shouldn't come as a surprise: a man in his fifties with a round, avuncular face and a warm Mancunian accent. Bald pate with funky ponytail tickling the nape of his neck and a hippy shark's tooth necklace hanging just below his Adam's apple.

Perhaps I was expecting something altogether more bereft: the Renton-esque image of someone who has dedicated their life to drugs. But exploding our stigmas around drugs is life mission for Trott, who embarked on a near-decade journey to write a book he hopes will serve as the ultimate harm reduction Bible. Make no mistake: The Honest Drugs Book – for which Trott consumed 140 drugs, writing intimate, semi-academic reports for most – is not a hedonist's handbook. So what inspired him to dive so deep into the rabbit hole?

Read the rest of the article over at VICE:
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/pawj3...tion-bible

Great to see our very own @6dream getting some recognition in media for his work

I do notice this at the footer;
This interview has been edited for length and clarity.
@6dream, if David Hillier or yourself happen to have a longer draft would it be possible to share it here?  I'm sure plenty of us would love a read if there is.
That's my cover blown.  

Mancunian accent? Lancashire in fact, although I guess it sounds the same to most folks. Bald pate? I dispute that strongly; indeedy I do.  blink  To be fair he was a pretty cool guy, and had actually done the appropriate research in advance, which is frighteningly rare these days. Kudos to him, and thanks.

I don't have any draft at all I'm afraid Renton. I think he may have recorded it and taken his own notes from that. I note though that he gave you a name-check in the second para there.  lol
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ Terence McKenna
Congrats 6Dream, the book deserves to do well.

Nice hat by the way  thumbup
'The trouble is, we think we have time."
Great interview, 6dream :-)

And a gereat-looking book which I must get :-)
'Why can't I be different and original
Like everybody else?'
(Vivian Stanshall)

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter