• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This Is What Getting Chills From Music Says About Your Brain
Interesting stuff. Without being too nerdy, the figures in the article aren't quite right. The 20 were selected from a larger survey of 237 as the 10 most and least responsive to music, so the 50% shiver rate in the group of 20 is by design. 

I have noticed that people who don't appear to get much out of music seem a bit emotionally blunted. And boring. Poor things. It's also interesting that musical training didn't matter a great deal. As it says at the end of the study, music seems to bypass analytical and culture-specific parts of the brain and appeals directly to social and emotional centres. 

Amongst many others, The Orb's Little Fluffy Clouds has the hairs standing up on the back of my neck every single time. I think I'd be quite sad if that ever stopped happening, or I wasn't moved by music generally.
'If you're one of those who can, make certain that you do."

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter  

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Is What Getting Chills From Music Says About Your Brain - by AiwassATeenageKeyframe - 27-01-2019, 04:21 AM