• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The facebook group helping you take drugs as safely as possible (VICE NEWS)
Would be quite uneasy offering any advice on Facebook for reasons Niamh has mentioned. Plus I genuinely think 'sesh safety' is a poor name choice rather like 'talk to Frank'. Would be interested to learn why Facebook were planning to bathe large parts of Africa in free Wi-Fi until Space X messed up and the delivery rocket exploded aborting the mission. Might be being cynical but wonder why Facebook are participating in the discussion of the safe use of illegal substances: What is their angle?
(17-10-2017, 05:51 PM)acetlyblue Wrote: Would be quite uneasy offering any advice on Facebook for reasons Niamh has mentioned. Plus I genuinely think 'sesh safety' is a poor name choice rather like 'talk to Frank'. Would be interested  to learn why Facebook were planning to bathe large parts of Africa in free Wi-Fi until Space X messed up and the delivery rocket exploded aborting the mission. Might be being cynical but wonder why Facebook are participating in the discussion of the safe use of illegal substances: What is their angle?

It isn't Facebook's angle. Anybody can set up a group on Facebook on pretty much any topic they like. There are thousands of Facebook groups that aren't run by Facebook itself.

This one appears to be moderated by well-meaning but ill-informed youngsters. I donated them the combinations chart so they can cross-reference whether the combos they are suggesting will end up in death. They seem very appreciative of help when offered as I got the impression that they realised they were maybe a tad over their heads. 

Some of the normal members hand out some, frankly, stupendously dangerous advice.

(04-10-2017, 10:41 PM)exalin Wrote: we will neverrrrrr get it completely right, we are just over a year old, so much to learn. With such an increase in members so quickly, we simply need moderators.

We have a moderator aptitude test now and 2 weeks screening of all posts by a potential moderator, we can be much more selective.

Now we have the founder of psychonaut wiki and a team member on the admin team aswell as Guy Jones the senior scientist for The Loop and Sazz Barrett who has nearly competed her PhD in psychopharmacology.

They are actually mentioned, we mention them in the page description and ofcourse Reddit is a great source which is actually shared quite often in posts but due to the sheer number of threads. You probably wouldn’t see it.

These dilemmas where there are disagreements now get brought upon an admin review by our most reputable admins, what happens with your friend was most likely not seen by me due to the sheer amount of work that was being under taken.

Now we have a stable good team, but as always, we would always welcome more and I appreciate your words, just message me if you wanted to help out, any UKCR members I would welcome!

Also atleast 5 sites are mentioned in the page description including ukcr, bl, do, erowid , shroomery and psychonaut wiki.

And we often cite these sources for questions so people can look for themselves and we always ask people to cross reference and do their research outside of the group, this again is in the page description.

Sorry for the late reply. That all sounds like a move in the right direction. I would be happy to help when I can. I couldn't join up when I first met you due to somebody outing my alias, a dickhead ex husband of my partner, due to her having a child I couldn't risk it. I had a bit of a battle with Facebook about it. Changed my name by Deed Poll and now have an alias back again. I'll send you a PM and we can discuss it further. I'll pass on that news to my friend as well. He's very experienced and would be an asset to your team.

Cheers,
Mr A

(05-10-2017, 10:57 AM)exalin Wrote: I can see where you are coming, how many times do we answer the same questions ( A LOT!)? But sure it boils down to the same thing as anything else in life.. a lot of people do the bare minimum and avoid that if they can.
At least more people are thinking about safety and one answer from this group can spread offline in whispers we'll never know of.

half the kids I've seen ask for advice are barely aware they're harming themselves. The info they get here is better than nothing and gets them checking themselves. I just don't think society is ready for anything more than HR yet, at least not until some of the stigma around drug taking begins to shatter anyway.

This is a really good perspective and I like it a lot. The culture that surrounds drug use is horribly malnourished and starved of good habits for people to observe and imitate while they are learning - if all your friends do half a gram of MD in a night as normal then you're much more likely to end up with the same habits - breaking social norms is difficult and takes strength.

With that said, I think sesh safety is already exposing a lot of people to the idea that using drugs safely is the norm, and being reckless about one's health is not. I really dislike excluding people that could learn from this but it's one of the reasons that I do think we have to be proactive in extinguishing joke-y or serious unhealthy advice.

So in conclusion, I think we're already doing this to a large extent. I also think that in many cases we are overcautious, (don't use benzos for comedowns ever) and that may put off more experienced users, but it makes the page much easier to defend against the inevitable naysayers, and recognises the large exposure that it has.

Also Niamh, if you ever do decide to come back to fb groups, you would be such a valuable asset! Let me know if you do ever decide, and I can introduce you to our group chat (very expierenced users etc) - its changed a lot since you were admin.

Are you aware of this page?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/6373...ew-thread)

It could save you repeating yourself if you make a prominent link to it. They are militant HR over there!
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
Sesh Safety unfortunately whilst the name choice is poor, is actually a key word in which how the group got so big,  because 'sesh' is a hugely popular word at the moment. If we just called it Drug Safety and Harm Reduction or something, it wouldn't of launched.

We tried seperating the groups as MDMA Talk, Ket Talk, Psychedelic Talk, Pharm Talk, etc but the best way was to bring them all together and use the trend word sesh which is currently widely used in these younger generations, hence the 40k+ members!

We give advice, we do not encourage or advocate the use of drugs, sadly, not many want to bother trying to research drugs on forums like bluelight, especially youngsters, who have already ingested the drug, however after making a  poll recently, we found a large number of people now have started to cross reference their info and research their drugs thanks to sesh safety, it shouldn't be used a main source of information, but as a secondry source that will help those who know literally nothing begin to learn.

I guess what I am trying to say is, its better to have a group like sesh safety, than no group at all, shit it was only yesterday we stopped someone from suicide, and now they are in a psych ward, we don't get the credit we deserve, not that it matters, people just take a quick scroll and dont actually see the real work put in by the actual members and admins who know what they are talking about
Unfortunately a lot of shitpotsts end there.. but they always will.

If you're part of these groups, please try to educate properly and help people to consume in a safe manner.

i see too many "I've had X, can i take Y amount of Z to het a buzz" crap that you cant really help someone who already has the idea of poly drug use which is dangerous enough as it it.

It's a great group, the only downside being the "reputable" voices there almost always messheads that consume whatever they can

edit; if I'm wrong on something, call me out.  I'm not an active member in these groups
https://drug.cafe Encrypted Messaging & Chat Rooms
https://forum.drug.cafe Forum
[Image: 3ANSKL2.png]

Need to e-mail me?
Point taken maybe run a poll for a name. I know silly people who will scoff at 'sesh safety' but your intentions are good. I just worry about Facebook's collection of user preferences for tailored ads etc. A back door accessible by the police would be quite useful if there were any left. My home town with a population of over 100 000 has no Drugs squad. Busts still happen but at a rough estimate would be around 25% of 2010. This from the party of law and order. Austerity is a miserable failure with no decrease in defecit a stimulus package might have left us no worse. Seems no interest on savings has encouraged any investment. Low unemployment is asmokescreen so much is temporary or zero hour contracts no holiday pay etc. I know i'm off topic if anyone reads this.
(29-10-2017, 01:45 AM)Renton Wrote: Unfortunately a lot of shitpotsts end there.. but they always will.

If you're part of these groups, please try to educate properly and help people to consume in a safe manner.

i see too many "I've had X, can i take Y amount of Z to het a buzz" crap that you cant really help someone who already has the idea of poly drug use which is dangerous enough as it it.

It's a great group, the only downside being the "reputable" voices there almost always messheads that consume whatever they can

edit; if I'm wrong on something, call me out.  I'm not an active member in these groups

I've been in touch with the moderator and being fast tracked as an admin. They have some decent admins now. The person behind psychonaut wiki and a couple of doctor's as well.

Due to my continued ill health and change in personal circumstances my researching days are now a thing of the past so I'm not too fussed about FB's dodgy data retention and collection. I'm never returning to the corporate world and there's nothing to find but some benzos these days. I'm going to try and get a legit script for those to get off them for good.

Anyway I'm rambling. Long story short, from what I've seen recently there are some inexperienced mods but there are more experienced ones getting involved. I know of at least one other person of repute from UKCR who is on there. I think it's admirable that youngsters saw the need for a group, they don't really use forums from what I gather - hence FB - plus they are humble enough to admit they need help from more experienced people to help. Good on them. Not so sure that all the Vice attention is wise though.

(03-11-2017, 10:03 AM)MrApollo Wrote:
(29-10-2017, 01:45 AM)Renton Wrote: Unfortunately a lot of shitpotsts end there.. but they always will.

I've been in touch with the moderator and being fast tracked as an admin. They have some decent admins now. The person behind psychonaut wiki and a couple of doctor's as well.

Due to my continued ill health and change in personal circumstances my researching days are now a thing of the past so I'm not too fussed about FB's dodgy data retention and collection. I'm never returning to the corporate world and there's nothing to find but some benzos these days. I'm going to try and get a legit script for those to get off them for good.

Anyway I'm rambling. Long story short, from what I've seen recently there are some inexperienced mods but there are more experienced ones getting involved. I know of at least one other person of repute from UKCR who is on there. I think it's admirable that youngsters saw the need for a group, they don't really use forums from what I gather - hence FB - plus they are humble enough to admit they need help from more experienced people to help. Good on them. Not so sure that all the Vice attention is wise though.

Actually avoid with a barge pole. Run by a bunch of clueless admins. They're going to get someone killed and they have the daily mail sniffing around them.
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
(29-08-2017, 05:20 PM)Renton Wrote:
(28-08-2017, 01:27 PM)MrApollo Wrote: They need help badly. I took a quick look and someone said "I just found a pill called Oxy 80 should I neck it". The answer was yes FFS!

Facepalm

holy shit...thats unreal, yeah just neck it & possibly no wake up, depending on the guys tolerance to opiates, but if hes just found a 80mg Oxy & doesn't really know what t do with it, the guy sounds a bit of a fresh egg!!
(10-11-2017, 04:55 AM)Imucu101 Wrote:
(29-08-2017, 05:20 PM)Renton Wrote:
(28-08-2017, 01:27 PM)MrApollo Wrote: They need help badly. I took a quick look and someone said "I just found a pill called Oxy 80 should I neck it". The answer was yes FFS!

Facepalm

holy shit...thats unreal, yeah just neck it & possibly no wake up, depending on the guys tolerance to opiates, but if hes just found a 80mg Oxy & doesn't really know what t do with it, the guy sounds a bit of a fresh egg!!

A fresh egg indeed. As are the established mods. The owner is pretty sound but he invites experienced researchers in only for them to get kicked out by the seemingly teenage mods. I was one of them lol. They are getting a lot of media attention after the Vice articles. I think the Daily Mail are on to them so I'm quite glad not to be associated with them really. It still worries me though. We were handing out better advice to each other during the rave days without places like this to refer to. There's a whole family of groups under the banner and aside from one Nexus style group the others are equally horrific. Avoid!
 ~ anon via Bongwater
Only reason you are salty apollo is because got kicked. The DM definitely are not onto us, the community is open, just like this one and bluelight, the moderation is intense and fast, the community does not run in a dictator fashion, unfortuntely the admins (not me) believed you were not suitable material to represent SeshSafety, and I won't stop them if thats what they feel, I trust them, and if thats what they feel was the right thing to do than so be it.

Grouping a whole bunch of people together and saying "yeah avoid" is ridiculous, the group has 100percent done more benefit than harm, I have 3 journalists who are constantly using seshsafety as a vital source of information for articles, its a complete network of like minded individuals with all the same goal in mind, save lives, reduce harm. Which according to my inbox alone, which runs in the thousands in messages, speaks for itself.
Jesus. Please keep your intranecine drama on FB.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter