• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Honest Drug Book & The UKCR Forum
(09-10-2018, 03:03 AM)Ozle Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 02:52 PM)AiwassATeenageKeyframe Wrote: Whilst I take your point, and do myself have issues with the way the once-open mobi format was acquired and is being used by Amazon, there's unlikely to be a DRM-free version released for obviously reasons.
I wasn't expecting it to be DRM-free. I'm no lover of DRM either, but I'm willing to make a concession if it can help encourage smaller authors and allow them to reach a wider audience (especially since today's DRM systems are generally far less shitty than what we had to deal with 10-15 years ago).

different market area, but Denuvo (technically anti-tamper, not DRM, but still) has shit all over AAA titles since its inception a few years ago.  It's not as bad as Sony putting malware on CD's but it's horrendous and in some implementations introduces issues that can render games unplayable, especially for legitimate owners.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter  

Messages In This Thread
The Honest Drug Book & The UKCR Forum - by 6dream - 05-10-2017, 05:42 PM
RE: The Honest Drug Book & The UKCR Forum - by Renton - 03-11-2018, 08:33 PM