• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The HipHop Thread
some cuban hip hop featuring the sublime danay suarez... a tribute to ATCQ

and I remember this from the 90's... Ive still got the vinyl somewhere... never understoood a word but the production and delivery was unquestionable...

Blankets screw you up. Just say no.

I love spaced out cosmic funky slopppy hip hop...

its the closest I get to stoned these days...

grab this its free and its baaaaaaaaad...

https://oddiseemmg.bandcamp.com/album/alwasta

The Hip Hop World News

Quote:Embarking on an immersive authored journey, Rodney P reveals a fascinating alternative version of reality as seen from the perspective of a culture which was created in the black and Latino ghettos of 1970s New York, and has since evolved into a world-dominating cultural powerhouse.

Whether it's chronicling life on the streets or offering a surprising twist on global events, hip-hop has given a voice to the powerless and dispossessed while also acting as a platform for ideas, opinions and sometimes controversial theories to be shared amongst its millions of followers.

I recorded this ages ago and only just watched it. I LOVE Rodney P. Highlights of this meaty, intelligent doc for me, were Rodney P totally overcome & bursting into tears in Chuck D's house before he meets him, his total rejection of the 'N' word, discussing and investigating the other 'uncomfortable' aspects of Hip Hop, such as the misogyny and money obsession. Brilliant and a must-watch for any Hip Hop head
This.....is real life
Yeah I saw it... and yeah Rodney P is fucking well cool...

NewsFlash:

A Tribe Called Quest Release a new album in 2 weeks. They went into the studio about a year ago (for the first time in 18 years) and managed to lay down some tracks before Phife Dawg died. It will obviously be their last ever album. There will be a lot of emotion around this they have been around for so long and mean so much to people... I can't wait.

check this guy out...

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter