• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The App Thread
I'm really bored so I thought I'd share a few apps I've found useful. All links are to Android but I imagine most are available for iOS as well.

AirDroid - allows you to access a web interface on your phone via wifi or internet. Lets you send/receive texts via a PC, which I find very useful as my giant hands struggle with small touchscreens. You can also install/remove apps, drag/drop/copy/download whatever you want to and from the phone, play music stored on your phone via the PC speakers etc. All sorts of useful stuff.

CamScanner - a camera app that produces pdf files. Useful for "scanning" documents, whiteboards, newspapers, work rotas. It automatically recognises the edges of paperwork in the camera viewfinder, crops and rotates the images accordingly, then sharpens them up to make them easier to read. I would have loved this at university as, when combined with a tablet, it removes the need for a messy stack of paper. It's useless to me at the moment, but scanning my default sum notices with it makes me feel like a hard-up James Bond. Just camscan the sheet of paper, press "share", and upload to your...

DropBox - a universal storage service that can be used to dump images/music/files for access from anywhere. I've found it particularly useful as a remote music stash that I access on the move via my phone's internet.

ES File Explorer + MX Player - a file manager/media player combo. I use these to access my PC's media/download folders remotely via SMB and play videos and the like on my tablet. Very stable and I've yet to find a piece of media MX won't process.

TubeRun - excellent transport app for anyone who travels in London. Shows tube statuses, departures from local stations and bus stops, and has Journey Planner built in. It will also highlight the closest stations and stops on a map and direct you towards them. It's pretty much impossible to get lost if you have this handy.

Sleep as Android - an odd sleep aid. You're meant to place the phone near you on the bed when you lay down to sleep. The app then measures noise/movement and produces a graph of your sleep patterns. You tell it what time you need to be up in the morning, as well as a time buffer, and it will wait until you are in the "light sleep" stage of the sleep cycle and wake you gently with nature noises. This means you should feel more awake and alert as you won't have been woken by a noisy alarm during the deep REM stage. Or something.

[Image: sleep.18.07_02.11.png?w=a2e39ca8]

Three hours to get to sleep ffs.
I'm in the process of rooting my HTC Desire as we speak....so any good Mods i am now interested in!! (not the Bo, Mango and Bob kind they are my bitches anyway)
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

Lets get some iphone apps here too. Loved the thread we had before.
[Image: qn45rt_th.gif]

Please read the site rules HERE

I upgraded from a Desire to a One S a few weeks ago. I still love the Desire though. That chunky two-tone look is so much more appealing than these boring ultra-sleek super-thin things.

I used Sandvoid's ICS rom on mine. His website warns that it'll be buggy but I'm using a four month old version and it runs fine.
I'm going to give that a go now i have the hang of rommanager!!!
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

Android users!!!
the UKCR official Android App has been released :)
download here
http://www.4shared.com/android/iMGhfUKj/209961.html
plz try it out and tell me how its good anything u would like added etc etc
thanks
Rev
I can't see it or get it but I'm impressed! Any chance of some screenshots?

I looked at making an iphone one but it looked far too complimented.

do u have a 4shared account?
yeah one sec
I have an iphone.

(18-07-2012, 06:51 PM)TheRev Wrote: Android users!!!
the UKCR official Android App has been released :)
download here
http://www.4shared.com/android/iMGhfUKj/209961.html
plz try it out and tell me how its good anything u would like added etc etc
thanks
Rev
Will test it out *thumbs up*

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter