• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Talk Talk hacker is a 15 year old
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34643783

He also demanded £80k in BTC from Talk Talk itself and I'm guessing they didn't pay since apparently the database is now in the hands of a darknet vendor. The details for sale includes name, DOB, address, employer, bank details.

Hope none of you used Talk Talk...
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
They have my details and I expect to be compensated although they do not know my employer but am pretty pissed off .
(26-10-2015, 08:41 PM)WeAreScientists Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34643783

He also demanded £80k in BTC from Talk Talk itself and I'm guessing they didn't pay since apparently the database is now in the hands of a darknet vendor. The details for sale includes name, DOB, address, employer, bank details.

Hope none of you used Talk Talk...

Bank details are pretty limited, and would take some long-winded social engineering to get any use out of.

edit for clarification; that is unless talktalk lied and are storing full CC#'s and CVV#'s
These are the details the vendor claims to have up for sale:

Name
DOB
Address
TenancyType
YearsAtAddress
MonthsAtAddress
HomeTelephone
MobileTelephone
Email
Employer
EmploymentTitle
EmploymentLocation
EmployersPhone
Bank
AccountNumber
SortCode

Since it was their credit checking system that got compromised they got quite a bit of detailed info.

I'm guessing a bit of social engineering would allow someone to do a fair bit with all that lot.
im on TT, this is the 3rd breach in a year or so, i tried to use their credit check offer yesterday but it wouldnt process - i guess too many people trying same time, i wish i could find a way to LOCK my credit account so no one can get credit in my name but it doesnt seem to be avalable in the UK - it is in US
It is possible in the UK. You have to ring all the credit checking agencies like Experian and ask them to add a fraud alert to your report. They can also add a note to your credit report with a password and something explaining that nothing should go through unless the password is confirmed. This will mean that no automated checks can be done on your credit record and you should be requested to confirm that password before anything goes through. It'll take longer to get credit checks done this way since your report will have to be manually reviewed but it makes life harder for criminals.
hmmm  i called equifax asking them about this, the lady had no idea what i was talking about
We run a business on talk talk, do you think it is possible we could threaten to leave and get our package contract price reduced.
(27-10-2015, 06:06 PM)exalin Wrote: We run a business on talk talk, do you think it is possible we could threaten to leave and get our package contract price reduced.

Perfectly within your rights to demand an end to your agreements with them and not pay any termination charges (bar any finance costs owed).
You would struggle to simply get a discount though.

To anybody that is affected by this, sever ties with talktalk, call your bank and end the DD and request your banking details be changed by them. Any other DD's should carry on as normal and you're out of the financial shitstorm that could happen. Personal details are still out but there's nothing you can do about that... other than maybe deed poll
(27-10-2015, 05:57 PM)dudey Wrote: hmmm  i called equifax asking them about this, the lady had no idea what i was talking about

Ask them about using a notice of correction as a password.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter