• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stem and vein kratom
Hey all, thought I would give my opinion of this 'strain'. Having seen it for sale I'd always wondered what anybody would buy it for, but now having tried it as part of a sample pack I'm liking the effects so far.

It's not stoney (on 3-4 grams), but gives a calm and even slightly confident feeling. White strains usually make me anxious, and other strains make me chilled, but feeling confident and alert is new feeling for me with kratom. So far it feels a bit like a more organic version of pyrazolam, but I have some more work to do to confirm that. I'd say this would be probably pretty good for tapering off either normal kratom or even possibly other chems.  It's also said to be good in combination but I haven't tried this yet.
I completely agree - I'm currently experiencing the warm glow that a single teaspoon brings.  Just ordered 900g and looking forward to it's arrival so I can't switch from PR Red to reduce my tolerance.
i'm a kratom noob, just got some red vein thai (supposedly sedating) and some sumatran white vein (supposedly stimulating). what kind of dose should i start with, considering that i am experienced with other stuff and generally a bit hard-headed? will i be sick (don't want to alarm the wife)?
Not i you get the dose right mate, start low and slowly sip your tea....takes 15-30 mins to kick in.   Erowid have a good dose guide.
I don't know enough about Kratom to say for sure,but the difference between  the strains is because they all contain varying levels of the active alkaloids.A kind member of this forum has informed me Bali is the one to try for relaxation.Stem and vein surely, merely contains a different ratio of the same alkaloids leading to the combination of alertness and relaxation at the same time.That does not mean you are getting any less of any particular one just a combination that is right for you.I'm thinking of taking the plunge with Kratom as it seems an interesting plant.You should all worry i usually drop on a good thing and it vanishes becomes unafforadable or is banned.Stock up!
(13-11-2013, 07:51 PM)dark_knight Wrote: Not i you get the dose right mate, start low and slowly sip your tea....takes 15-30 mins to kick in.   Erowid have a good dose guide.

i didn't ask for the right dose, i asked for a good starting dose. oh well erowid it is.
I've been thinking of trying this variety. I started to think it was just a weak version of kratom. Seems like it has its own distinct "flavour". I'm enjoying the sumatran white vein at the moment, supposedly stimulating but I find it mainly euphoric and sedating (~10g). Might give the stem and vein variety a whirl soon.
(13-11-2013, 08:46 PM)Anatta Wrote:
(13-11-2013, 07:51 PM)dark_knight Wrote: Not i you get the dose right mate, start low and slowly sip your tea....takes 15-30 mins to kick in.   Erowid have a good dose guide.

i didn't ask for the right dose, i asked for a good starting dose. oh well erowid it is.

I'd start with 10 grams of either brewed into tea, and dose a quarter of the brew every 30 minutes or so. Should bring about the effects rather slowly so you will have an easier time adjusting the dosing as you go. It works best on an empty stomach. You shouldn't need to use the whole batch of tea, about half should get you there, but this way you have more if needed. Lots of people get sick their first time experimenting with good Kratom, and if you do it doesn't last long and the high make it matter less than it would normally.
My posts here are ludicrous manifestations of my vivid imagination. Stories are like gateways into the world of those portrayed. I'm living vicariously thru the experiences of those  characters by telling their story.
Forum rules
It's more subtle than the other strains I've tried so if you're after euphoria S&V may not be the best. I agree with Acetylblue, finding the right strain probably has a lot to do with individual make up, and I'm surprised I like this one. The only one I really didn't like so far was Maeng Da which just seem to put me in a foul mood. Hans Moleman are you buying from KD?

Anatta it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for something functional keep it around 5 grams, if you want to get blitzed go higher (maybe 7 or 8), which shouldn't carry too much risk of puking. Or follow Knothing's good advice. Your experience will depend a lot on the strain and quality. I've only ever puked when I've mixed it with too much alcohol or tobacco(which I don't usually smoke), and even then only when I've taken larger doses. Personally I don't enjoy the feeling of high dose kratom any more. It took me a while to find my preference and was a bit disappointed with it at first.
iirc my favourite was red vein thai, most of the others made me feel abit uncomfortable. Don't think I ever tried stem and vein

anyway I used to drink a cup of roughly 6-7g before bed, was nice and relaxing without being too relaxing. Any higher than 10g and I used to feel hot and dizzy

Also the constipation after just a couple of days HORY BRICKING SHIT

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter