• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spirituality
I think Chopra is to spirituality what Gillian Mckeith is to nutritionists!
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

(04-01-2013, 08:28 AM)Blodwyn Wrote: I think Chopra is to spirituality what Gillian Mckeith is to nutritionists!

Yea and he used to play for Cardiff city....dirty dirty player!!

That Mckeith drug smuggler during Get me out of here if i remember rightly.......

[Image: PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?q=90&v=1&w=640&h=360]
Please read the site rules Here

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Why I Am Not a Christian by Bertrand Russell (1927)
'What is your trouble? Mistaken identity'. '
  - W.W.W.
Some Non-Duality gems...

'Why are you unhappy?
Because 99.9 per cent
Of everything you think,
And of everything you do,
Is for yourself -
And there isn't one. '

-Wei Wu Wei

By the same fellow...

'What is your trouble? Mistaken identity.'

'Even the intellectual understanding of the inexistence of our 'selves' is a rare and bitter attainment which few even attempt. And that is only the elimination round which qualifies us for access to Reality... Intellectual understanding should be not indispensable to a 'simple' mind, but, with our conditioning, it would seem to be an almost inevitable preliminary.'

- W.W.W.
What is the Self? - scienceandnonduality

"Could it be this illusionary image of ourselves as separate human beings that is keeping us in the perpetual state of anxiety, scarcity, fear, dissatisfaction. Leaving us, as a society, at this very delicate point in evolution, with this current ecological, economic and social crises.."
  - W.W.W.
Revolver Elevator Scene - Jake vs Jake

- W.W.W.
Before I suggest anyting, just like to say I am not religious. I would have to agree with other's about giving eckhart tolle a miss.
Some of the things that come to mind that I found interesting. some things are abit off topic but kind of spiritual.

This is a good book, I read it, my girlfriend hates books but she couldn't put this one down and shes not really into spiritual stuff a tall.
The Mystery Experience: A Revolutionary Approach to Spiritual Awakening by Tim Freke

Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson

The Divided Self: An Existential Study in Sanity and Madness [Paperback]
R. Laing

After having lucid dream's and such I found books on OBE's interesting
This one's well know, I couldn't find the one I liked most, don't think its in sale anymore.

Journeys Out of the Body [Paperback]
Robert Monroe

Anything by Psychiatrists Stan grof :
The Holotropic Mind: The Three Levels of Human Consciousness and How They Shape Our Lives
LSD: Doorway to the Numinous: The Groundbreaking Psychedelic Research into Realms of the Human Unconscious by Stanislav Grof

Games People Play by Eric Berne
50 Psychology Classics: Who We Are, How We Think, What We Do-Insight and Inspiration, Tom Butler-Bowdon
50 Spiritual Classics: Timeless Wisdom from 50 Great Books on Inner Discovery, Enlightenment and Purpose
timothy leary maybe Eight-circuit model of consciousness

Ken Wilber
Jiddu Krishnamurti

loads more but I can think of the top of my head
------------------------ DOCUMENTARIES-----------------------------------------
Religulous (2008) http://www.imdb.co.uk/title/tt0815241/

DMT the spirit Molecule Doc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMOC44vby9g

Top notch, very interesting, "abit" more scientific
WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW.DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usMsTPg-hHk
-------------------------
History, Science, technology
The Revelation of the Pyramids
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-revel...-pyramids/

purely for entertainment....I like stuff about ancient history
also possibly Ancient Aliens mostly bonkers but entertaining if you like far out stuff. I'm not sure what to make of it its all speculation but you cant discredit it all, gets you thinking, if you let it!

some interesting stuff
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
------------------
Science
michio kaku

Technology
ray kurzweil
----------------

also if you are serious about meditation you might want to look into floatation tank's for abit more extreme meditation and total sensory deprivation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEjTXX2rHgA
That's a solid little reading list there Squash, read a fair few of those. Will check some of the other stuff and the links, some interesting looking stuff.

Robert Anton Wilson is always good value, whether that's the fiction of the Illuminatus Trilogy or the none-fiction of Prometheus or Sex, Drugs and Magick. Heavily influenced by magickal schools like the Golden Dawn, Crowley, had links with Israel Regardie who first published the Golden Dawn material.

R. D. Laing is seminal stuff, the way he reframed schizophrenic type mental illnesses / episodes particularly. His Conversations With Children is another brilliantly profound and funny read anyone would enjoy, bit lighter on the subject matter.

Grof can be heavy going but anyone into their psyches would find plenty to interest them in Realms Of The Human Unconscious and LSD Psychotherapy. Was only on his site last week reading up on holotropic breathwork. Have a few downloads to work through, not got started with it yet but already now how powerful breath control can be in inducing altered states, will get round to it. There are bits and pieces of Grof at http://www.psychedelic-library.org, as well as Ralph Metzner, Alan Watts and lots of others. Good site for a toe-dipping.
i watched the revelation of the pyramids a couple of times a few months ago. I don't follow any particular conclusions all the way to the end, and of course as an individual with the knowledge and experience that i have i can be absolutely certain about very little in this world. One thing i will say though to see the shots in the video of building materials, seemingly machine precision bore holes into sold stone & half cut pieces of stone left over from various sites around the world & underwater that history claims were made with out machines or advanced cutting tools is frankly almost frightening to watch.
After a bit of thinking about this and 100 other half forgotten seemingly semi impossible to my eyes monuments buildings relics & ruins around the world (that we will all have seen or read something about) i am comforted by the fact that i don't really know what might be produced by a professional stonemason with say a copper chisel & a woodern mallet in a lifetime. But one thing for sure the evidence that has been left behind boggles the mind, is astonishingly impressive & gives the notion of what i might think or say perhaps "is & isn't possible" as best i can judge a big big slap in the face.

If i had to sum it up in 3 words i think the 1st would be "wow"followed by "holy shit!"

i have also watched a few of these ancient aliens, ancient astronauts etc style documentary as well on you tube..... lol, i agree with this statement.

Ancient Aliens mostly bonkers but entertaining if you like far
out stuff. I'm not sure what to make of it its all speculation but you cant
discredit it all, gets you thinking, if you let it!

i don't know where to begin with it, but the notion that all of this is 100% hocus pocus & entirely composed of BS or as Sheldon might say "pure hokum" doesn't quite wash.

i think perhaps if it were possible to be say a human scale intelligence that had no pre knowledge or conditioning, expectations etc of "this human experience" & then saw the evidence that appears to be before our eyes, the notion that its all X-files and therefore BS may well be an absurd conclusion, maybe even laughable. The planet is seemingly littered with things that don't add up, and we as a species seem to have almost no memory of what has happened in the past.

i honestly don't know what to make or what can be made of any of this. Gets you thinking though, and its perhaps best to keep an open mind, as in a very open one.
All comprehension is temporary, understand nothing, try to understand everything.
The book holotropic mind, really interesting stuff!
This women that went through the holotropic breath work sessions started talking a weird language and they found out that it was an ancient tribal language, and there's no way she could have known it. as only a few people new about it in the world..... something along those lines!
If you ever try doing the breathing stuff you feel pretty Bizzare, feels kinda like your vibrating but I didn't go longer then half hour because my throat got a bit sore. but I can Imagine that you go to a pretty primal place if you have the patience to build up to 2 hours.

I've been meaning to read more about Crowley there's some interesting story's about him. I got into freemasonry and all that shadowy stuff about 6+ years ago now but have only skimmed through some of his stuff. I downloaded just about every book he's made and others have made about him but don't know were to start.

yeah I do agree that 80% of the ancient aliens stuff is BS. The stuff and the ancient grounds are great. I do believe that part of our history has been kept behind curtains.

John Anthony West has a good set on the pyramids too!

you might find this interesting about one possible way they moved the stones... just a 6 min video pretty interesting I thought, as its so dam simple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYQBDhkBfr0
Building Stonehenge - Wally Wallington Can Move Anything!

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter