• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Songs that make you cry
Two spring to mind for me. The first one is so full of angst and pain it never fails to get to me, I'm unsure quite why. The second one is just beautiful, brings a tear to my eye every time.

[Image: qn45rt_th.gif]

Please read the site rules HERE

Must try to be economical here lest I single handedly expend our bandwidth usage in one fell swoop.

My first offering is teeming with one-liners that bring a lump to my throat, despite its seemingly happy message:

The next two were played an awful lot by my parents when I was younger after the death of one of my siblings. Unlikely that anyone without that context would find them particularly sad though I suppose

Both of mine are from my teen years when I suppose music affected me much more deeply than it does now, sadly.

SirBors, little wonder those last two have that effect on you.

Certain tunes remind me of scenarios from the past; good, bad and indifferent.

I used to have a school friend who would vomit the instant he heard Lee Marvin's Wanderin' Star. He never told us why. But he certainly wished he'd never told us.

Happy Sunday thread!

and this one always makes me cry :'( :'-( But for different reasons

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
(16-09-2012, 03:29 PM)zebra Wrote: Happy Sunday thread!

Ha, I hadn't thought of that but I suppose it is apt. It isn't meant to be a downer thread though, this one makes me think of my son and always makes my lower lip wobble, its so lovely.

(16-09-2012, 03:55 PM)Feed Wrote: Ha, I hadn't thought of that but I suppose it is apt. It isn't meant to be a downer thread though, this one makes me think of my son and always makes my lower lip wobble, its so lovely.

Feed I can never make my mind up about whether I envy guys with young children or not. You must constantly be on the verge of tears watching the little man grow and pick out the better facets of you and his mother to adopt as his own- I can scarce think about my older brother's daughter without gushing, and she's not even mine.
Oh SirB, where do I start? Best I don't after listening to that song. As long as he doesn't pick up his parents' addictive personalities I'll be a happy man.

Adele someone like you....after Mr Blod and I separated last year I sent him this song and it was the first time he picked up the phone to call me. Music is hugely important to both of us we both love some of the same music but also have very different tastes and he always will listen to my songs and me to his he has given mer a huge education into some music I just would never have listened to and thanks to Feed for introducing me to the Devin Townsed project album Ghost which remains a huge favourite.
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

Oh Blod that is sweet. Not the me bit, the MrBlod bit. I would have been extra special touched if the Adele song had been replaced by the recent Cradle of filth song he'd posted though. Love to the soppy couple of you.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter