• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shoutbox Login Issues Over VPN
I usse a VPN which is always on and causes me no problems but when I come here, everything is as normal apart from the shoutbox doesn't work. It's there but blank and with the register and login buttons visible. I tried to login with my registered pw but nothing happened so I registered the password and a window opened saying I was registered so login. Entered ow into login box and again nothing happened. So I tried to register a different pw  and tried that which gave a wrong pw message. Restarted my browser and cleared the cache etc. came back tried pw and nothing, tried the other pw I tried to register and got a pop up saying it was wrong so it regonises I have a password but does nothing when I provide it. When the VPN is disconnected it works flawlessly and I can even turn the VPN while on the page and when it's shut down the shoutbox magically comes alive and all posts are visible and I'm logged  in. Anyone have any idea why this would be?

As I can turn off the VPN and it springs to life I wondered what happened if I connected while the shoutbox was active and as soon as it connects the shoutbox becomes unusable.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
So I'm in the same position. Did you work out how to make it work efficiently in the end?

I can't even log in
"I am not only touching the Sun... I am the Sun... We are one"
Speaking of vpns can do any of you guys know a free vpn service you would recommend?
Many thanks
love the world and it will love you back. chin
(16-07-2015, 04:48 PM)bigazznugz Wrote: Speaking of vpns can do any of you guys know a free vpn service you would recommend?
Many thanks

I don't think anybody would actually 'recommend' a free vpn service... sketchy is putting them lightly.
As Renton said don't go using free VPNs. The most popular one is Hola and they were caught hijacking users computers as a botnet for sale to the highest bidder.

Paid VPNs only cost about $3 a month which is around £2. Less than a Tesco meal deal.

Kompressor, I'm guessing the shoutbox is a plugin for a service run on an external site. A quick peak at the source code suggests it's hosted on rhcloud.com if I'm reading it right. Perhaps they've blocked your VPN's IP because it was previously used for spam. Have you tried using a different VPN server?
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
I don't use a free VPN and no configuration changes I make to the VPN change anything, the onoy way to get on the shoutbox is disconnect the VPN.
What you said was along the lines of what I was thinking WAS, I've switched servers, ports, protocol etc. When I used PIA I straight couldn't access the site, had to run my VPN through a free VPN to get on, switch provider and it was OK but now the shoutbox doesn't work. I can register a password and et confiration it's been registered but when trying to login it just sticks so you're probably right.

The site hosting the shoutbox probably is blocking the IP ranges used by VPNs then. I'm guessing the host used by this forum does the same thing to PIA. It's not uncommon for that to happen when a particular VPN has been used for spam in the past. Many sites block Tor exit nodes for the same reason.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
Yeah your right about PIA, they only have a few hundred shared IPs shared by all customers so that wouldn't have been hard to block,  If the same has happened with this provider and that host then having hundreds of thousands of IPs for customers doesn't help much.

No what I mean is that the features such as regisering a password work, it's only the actual content posted in the shoutbox that isn't accessible. If I visit with my VPN connected the shoutbox is blank and it looks like I'm not signed in to it but if I disconnect my VPN then the text becomes visible, no need torefresh the page or anything. Reconnecting just causes it to frezze but refreshing the page puts it back to blank.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter