• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Serotoni/4,4'-DMAR 60mg
I was going to post this in one of the other serotoni threads, but decided against it (What's the norm in the Trip Reports forum, one thread per substance, or one per person/experience?)

I should point out right at the start, that I seem to need larger doses than others have reported, to get good effects. Bear this in mind if you're considering trying this yourself - start low! Thanks to Chems Direct for the sample, Knothing for organising it, and to everyone who's posted information/warnings/reports so far.

So it's the weekend again, time to give serotoni another try after last week's underwhelming test with 30mg. Decided on 60mg this time, in a single dose as before.

11.05 60mg serotoni in a (decaff) coffee.
11.25 feeling a bit queasy and jittery/overcaffeinated
12.05 moderately stimulated headspace, queasiness gone
12.50 some euphoria like a couple of beers, jitters gone
12.55 euphoria subsided a bit, def feeling it but not massive.
13.30 Go for an urgent dump, no sooner get off the bog than need another one. Disappointed to find it's not bright yellow :( Not troubled by the 'APB runs' though, thankfully.
14.00 feeling slightly wonky/euphoric, seems to have increased over the last half hour
14.10 bit of jaw clench. Feels like the effects are still subtly building.
14.15 feels good but not quite there. Tempted to redose but won't at least for now.
14.30 settled down a bit. Seems to be peaks and troughs.
14.40 feeling a bit hungry, surprised at this.
15.10 feeling stimulated, happy and full of energy but not especially 'high' or mashed/fucked.
15.25 mind racing a bit
16.30 Jaw clench gone, some horn. Thought of a redose crosses my mind but I decide against it.
17.30 coming down, no urge to redose now.
18.00 relaxed and feeling normal. Could probably doze off if I wanted to, no residual stim noted. Quite fancy a few beers, might go out later.

Things I found surprising:
Didn't seem to affect my appetite. Was expecting some tweakiness/anxiety/paranoia but didn't experience any at this dose.
2 stage comeup almost, 1st stage about an hour then full effects kicked in after ~2.5 hours.
Shorter duration than I expected (back to base in 7 hours), this may change with a bigger dose I guess.
Moderate horn but no stim dick. Hope this *doesn't* change with a bigger dose ;)

Overall this was enjoyable but would need to be a lot stronger to retain my interest, I'll try a higher dose next time but at this level of effects, I'd sooner stick to APBs for my kicks.

Next time I plan to use 80-90mg, again in a single dose, I'd want to find the sweet spot before trying multiple dosing. Again, I seem less sensitive than average to this substance.
Thanks Ferret insightful TR there.  I'm sure @Renton said his sweet spot was about 90mg with this substance but continue researching safely and sensibly as you are - this is a good example of incremental rises over a period of time allowing the body to recover between sessions, great work!
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

(12-10-2013, 06:08 PM)ferret Wrote: I was going to post this in one of the other serotoni threads, but decided against it (What's the norm in the Trip Reports forum, one thread per substance, or one per person/experience?)

One per experience is fine, It makes it a little easier to navigate, but you can lumber all your reports in one thread if it's easier for yourself.

I found 90-95mg single dose (with no redosing) to be my sweet spot.
60mg was underwhelming and 120mg (and higher) was just over the top, and any euphoria that might be had at high levels is easier (and safer) obtained by other componds.
https://drug.cafe Encrypted Messaging & Chat Rooms
https://forum.drug.cafe Forum
[Image: 3ANSKL2.png]

Need to e-mail me?
(12-10-2013, 07:01 PM)Renton Wrote:
(12-10-2013, 06:08 PM)ferret Wrote: I was going to post this in one of the other serotoni threads, but decided against it (What's the norm in the Trip Reports forum, one thread per substance, or one per person/experience?)

One per experience is fine, It makes it a little easier to navigate, but you can lumber all your reports in one thread if it's easier for yourself.

That's fine, I was just being a bit indecisive. On reflection, one post per experience is perfectly logical.

Renton Wrote:I found 90-95mg single dose (with no redosing) to be my sweet spot.
60mg was underwhelming and 120mg (and higher) was just over the top, and any euphoria that might be had at high levels is easier (and safer) obtained by other componds.

It's not just me then. I was being cautious due to all the warnings going around, and other people seeming to get good effects from 30mg ish. I'll stick with my plan of 80-90mg the next time I get the opportunity. I agree that pushing this one too far dosage wise doesn't seem sensible when there are alternatives that are probably safer.

(12-10-2013, 06:37 PM)Blodwyn Wrote: Thanks Ferret insightful TR there.  I'm sure @Renton said his sweet spot was about 90mg with this substance but continue researching safely and sensibly as you are - this is a good example of incremental rises over a period of time allowing the body to recover between sessions, great work!

Thanks. It's taken a bit of self-restraint to be honest, but you can't rush these things!
@ferret Thanks for sharing your findings.
I am hoping/intend to get another crack at researching this one this weekend. My current plan is for 50mg oral with no redose. Hopefully it goes better to plan than last time.
Just one question. Did you find it easy to not redose or did you have to make effort to self-discipline ?
"To know that you do not know is the best.To think you know when you do not is a disease.Recognizing this disease as a disease is to be free of it.” ― Lao Tzu
(14-10-2013, 02:38 PM)medijuana79 Wrote: My current plan is for 50mg oral with no redose. Hopefully it goes better to plan than last time.
Just one question. Did you find it easy to not redose or did you have to make effort to self-discipline ?

50mg sounds fine given that you've already tried a lower dose. If you felt 15mg then you might well find 50-60 is all you need for a fun time.

I found maintaining self-discipline fairly easy with this; although the idea did cross my mind a couple of times, I dismissed it without much agonising. As opposed to odd occasions while on 6-APB where I've felt the urge to take 'just one more' despite knowing the trip's ending soon and more won't help club (I guard against this by measuring out a suitable amount/number of doses beforehand.)
(14-10-2013, 07:52 PM)ferret Wrote:
(14-10-2013, 02:38 PM)medijuana79 Wrote: My current plan is for 50mg oral with no redose. Hopefully it goes better to plan than last time.

50mg sounds fine given that you've already tried a lower dose. If you felt 15mg then you might well find 50-60 is all you need for a fun time.

I found maintaining self-discipline fairly easy with this; although the idea did cross my mind a couple of times, I dismissed it without much agonising. As opposed to odd occasions while on 6-APB where I've felt the urge to take 'just one more' despite knowing the trip's ending soon and more won't help club (I guard against this by measuring out a suitable amount/number of doses beforehand.)

Im pretty sure I didnt get much if any effect from my 15mg tester although events of that evening possibly of clouded my judgement.
With anything of this nature where I feel either needless or unwanted redosing is a possibility I always weigh out in advance any dosages I plan to research then put any surplus somewhere which is not easily accessible. Better safe than sorry as some things can be a lot more fiendishly morish than others.
Ime I have less tendency for silly redosing when I dont add alcohol to the mix. Alcohol badly hinders my self-discipline but ive been dry for a while so I dont forsee any fiending issues I was just curious as to how you found it in that regard.
Thanks ferret.
"To know that you do not know is the best.To think you know when you do not is a disease.Recognizing this disease as a disease is to be free of it.” ― Lao Tzu
Good and clear be interested to hear your next experiment
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
^Thanks Xochipilli. I can't promise that I'll definitely be continuing the experiment this weekend though, there are a few events over the next week and an art exhibition this weekend that might call for psychedelics instead ;)
Hi all, apologies for the delay writing this up from last Saturday, I actually was undecided whether to post it as it was a bit of a wash, but here goes anyway. Started late due to an attack of indecisiveness :(

13.55 90mg in a coffee
14.00 finished drinking
14.11 queasy nauseous feeling, not pleasant but manageable.
14.32 nausea settling down now.
14.41 feeling maybe a bit fuzzy-headed
15.16 nothing happening! Surprised to find I'm feeling less than I did at the same point last time. Nausea gone.
15.29 maybe starting to feel the very beginnings of something, the fuzzy-headed feeling has returned and I seem to be stumbling over my words slightly. Possibly I'm more intoxicated than I feel.
15.38 feeling hungry, had a quick snack. No real change since last time.
16.02 not feeling much different, still slightly fuzzy. 2 hours in, I know this stuff is a slow burner so will stay patient.
16.06 just noticed I missed a text an hour ago from a friend, he's in town at a pub. I apologise and hurry for the bus.
16.18 feeling normal head-wise but notice I'm a bit unsteady on my feet, like a 6-APB comeup or a couple of drinks without the headspace. Listening to my notes now I was rambling a little but wasn't feeling intoxicated.
16.24 2.5 hours in and note that I feel less high than I did at this point last time! I've not used any drugs since last week's serotoni, and no alcohol other than a few beers 3 nights ago.
16.43 got off the bus, feeling slightly wonky, heading to the pub. Possibly some very slight jaw tension.

I stopped taking notes at this point, didn't join my friends in a drink for half an hour, by which time I still wasn't feeling 'high' but probably a bit more happy euphoric than normal. I then thought 'stuff it' (after 3 1/4 hours in all) and went on to drink 4 pints of beer through the evening, went home at 11pm and straight to bed, woke at 9am the next morning and felt mostly fine. I was perhaps more animated than normal excited but sometimes alcohol itself has that effect on me. I felt a bit guilty for hitting the booze as early as I did, really I should have taken the serotoni 3-4 hours earlier but I was agonising over whether to take that or a psychedelic instead.

So, in summary, this experiment was disappointing, more so than last week's with 60mg. I'm now wondering what to do next time, I'm undecided whether to do 110mg orally, or try a different tack and try 60mg plugged (the 2+ hour comeup is a real hassle.) More patience and less beer next time, for sure!

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter