• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sad day for fans of The Doors
doing the same here mate *cool* raising a glass to you tonight ray man! Just think Ray and Jim reunited, don't believe in afterlives but if i did this would be a concert to behold (get jimi there too :-) )

First heard them about 20 years ago via a mate in work and was smitten on the first listen it was like a shell shock, music that i could not shake it just went round and round in my head. I could not understand how i had missed it but man am i glad i have it. This music will never end they are timeless classics...

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/b7QHzQ_xCnU[/video]
Please read the site rules Here

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/hWpjOQfohok[/video]

A reddit memory from spaz33g though you would like it! sorry flooding this thread *cool*

in 2007, my senior year, my best friend and I decided to head up to L.A. to try and get in to the doors 40th anniversary event at the whiskey, and it was one of the most influential nights of my young life. we got in to the show and i was able to meet Robby and get his autograph, and then they played. It was absolute magic. Ray and Robby up on stage playing together. it blew my fucking mind. after the show ended we left the club to take a walk down sunset, and as we walked through the parking lot on the back side of the whiskey, who do i see but Ray and Dorothy casually strolling out to their car. I was absolutely dumbfounded. there he was, less than ten feet from me. I had to say something but I was frozen like a deer in the headlights. finally I mustered up a croaky "hey ray" he turned and looked at me. "yeah?" he responded. all I could think to vomit out of my stupid trembling lips was "great set" he smiled and said "right on man"
I will never forget that, for as long as I live. "right on man"
I fucking love you ray

"right on man" epic. Can just hear it. Not many people could say that without sounding like a twat.

Last night didn't go quite to plan, only got a tad wasted. Saturday night it'll have to be.

Thanks for that snippet.

D

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter