• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Recent sudden absence.
Just felt it necessary to pop on and explain my recent extended absence. (Not that I expect too many will give a damn).
I'm also not here for the here's my thread , please bathe me in pity, fake giving a shit or bull.
Basically I've had a rough few months, which I thought were bad until I got the ultimate kick in the nuts and my father was diagnosed with cancer after several months of mystery illness's.
He begins chemotherapy in 2 weeks as another few more tests need done but. It has already been confirmed as non_hodgkin lymphoma but the issue is that's a rare form known as T-cell so its unknown how he will respond to treatment.
My head is in a mess, my heart is broke and I'm shitting bricks I could be just about to lose one of the best ppl in my life.
I felt the need to make this post because I was informed that some of the small number of ppl who took the time to get to know the real me were worried about me so I just wanted to alleviate some or their fears.
please do not turn this into a fake pity fest from ppl who neither know nor care about me as that is really not what I need or want. (I know that may sound rude but please don't take it that way as its not how its meant, its just how I feel.)

Big thanks to the ppl who showed genuine concern and apologies for the time scale its taken me to be able to clarify things.

Please please please no fake generic posts of pity. I've had plenty already.
I'm just clearing things for the few genuine folk who were worried about me. This is not a pity me post.

TL;DR. Tough shit.

Namaste
"To know that you do not know is the best.To think you know when you do not is a disease.Recognizing this disease as a disease is to be free of it.” ― Lao Tzu
Well I got to know you slightly outside the forum - you have always seemed a pretty decent upright chap to me. I lost contact partly because of a massive balls up with my hotmail so I lost your addy. I definately noted you absence

As regards your father - no fake pity - alas life throws these things at us and we all have to face them. I lost my father to his third heart attack when I was about 18 and I have lived in fear of the day I loose my dear mother - she's had some health problems (mobility) the last months and it looks like the road to hopeful recovery could be very long.

I really hope the treatment yields some benefits - these things become much more real if you even know someone a little.
My best wishes
Namaste
Xoch
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
Thanks Xoch, much appreciated m8.
All I can do know is be strong and hope the coin toss lands on the right side.
Thanks again for your genuine sentiment.
"To know that you do not know is the best.To think you know when you do not is a disease.Recognizing this disease as a disease is to be free of it.” ― Lao Tzu
Don't know you Med but really hope your Dad pulls through... best wishes for a full revovery.
Yeah man. We have never spoken on here buddy but wishing you good luck. I cant even begin to imagine what your going through

I giess all you can do is keep on keeping on brother.

Stay strong
Thanks very much guys.

Thankfully my dad got remission just over 2/3 weeks ago.

So relieved to get a happy outcome but the year not knowing fucked me up. I was taking all sorts to escape the shit going on. Benzos and alcohol did most damage but other chems played their role.

Seem to b seeing light at the end of tunnel now. Id like to apologies to anyone I been a dick to over that time. I was angry, depressed and venting which ain't my usual manner.
Welcome back with your hopeful news and a heartfelt apology (I have no memory of whether it was needed or not!)  High 5
This.....is real life
Hey, I don't know you and I don't even think we ever had a chat - my memory is hazy most of the time mind you - but it's great to hear things are getting better for you and your father.

It's normal trying to cope in whatever way you think is best when times are bad, unfortunately we don't always make the right choice which is ok, live and learn. You and your family will come stronger out of this!

Regards
Som
To live outside the law, you must be honest - Bob Dylan    

Heart fonder
don't think of this as the end, think of it as a chance to make new friends with dealers
(23-04-2015, 05:23 PM)medijuana79 Wrote: Just felt it necessary to pop on and explain my recent extended absence. (Not that I expect too many will give a damn).
I'm also not here for the here's my thread , please bathe me in pity, fake giving a shit or bull.
Basically I've had a rough few months, which I thought were bad until I got the ultimate kick in the nuts and my father was diagnosed with cancer after several months of mystery illness's.
He begins chemotherapy in 2 weeks as another few more tests need done but. It has already been confirmed as non_hodgkin lymphoma but the issue is that's a rare form known as T-cell so its unknown how he will respond to treatment.
My head is in a mess, my heart is broke and I'm shitting bricks I could be just about to lose one of the best ppl in my life.
I felt the need to make this post because I was informed that some of the small number of ppl who took the time to get to know the real me were worried about me so I just wanted to alleviate some or their fears.
please do not turn this into a fake pity fest from ppl who neither know nor care about me as that is really not what I need or want. (I know that may sound rude but please don't take it that way as its not how its meant, its just how I feel.)

Big thanks to the ppl who showed genuine concern and apologies for the time scale its taken me to be able to clarify things.

I'm just clearing things for the few genuine folk who were worried about me. This is not a pity me post.

TL;DR.      Tough shit.

Namaste

(23-04-2015, 05:23 PM)medijuana79 Wrote: Just felt it necessary to pop on and explain my recent extended absence. (Not that I expect too many will give a damn).

TL;DR.      Tough shit.

Namaste

Sorry for your troubles, its finding ways to deal with these things and drugs as you know arnt the answer. It takes a brave person to post this stuff. 

Don't suffer alone you don't have to and you will feel like yourself again.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter