• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possible changes in RC vendor loophole
plus there has been some banging brands like jolly green granules.. that was better than mephedrone in my opinion ...

had to air my agreement with ducktape... each to there own..
(08-09-2012, 02:39 PM)Br0kenRabbit Wrote: We will just have to agree to disagree. Have you only been into the RC thing since mephedrone came out or before that?? This may explain our difference of opinion, not sure. Sorry if I come across argumentative, I don't mean to be, I just have strong views.

Well tbh, the whole 'RC thing' did come along with mephedrone to an extent. Before that it was the designer drug trade and the headshops. The combination of the two gives you what we have now... otherwise it'd just be like topix. (haha nice auto-correct)
(09-09-2012, 05:06 AM)DuctTapetheDamage Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 02:39 PM)Br0kenRabbit Wrote: We will just have to agree to disagree. Have you only been into the RC thing since mephedrone came out or before that?? This may explain our difference of opinion, not sure. Sorry if I come across argumentative, I don't mean to be, I just have strong views.

Well tbh, the whole 'RC thing' did come along with mephedrone to an extent. Before that it was the designer drug trade and the headshops. The combination of the two gives you what we have now... otherwise it'd just be like Tipp-Ex. (haha nice auto-correct)

Sorry but I strongly disagree with this. It was just far more underground. I would love to try and explain more about this but it would involve discussing the illegals scene and other things that are not allowed here.

I respect you opinion, but we will have to just agree to disagree.
I agree with ducttape - before mephedrone there were essentially two different markets: the RC/designer drug scene that was mostly UK illegal psychedelics, and the headshop market which was mostly branded chems and ethnobotanicals.
Around 2005 the headshop market was hugely boosted by both the open sale and subsequent banning of magic mushrooms, while the designer drug scene was pushed further underground by operation ismene/web tryp.
When mephedrone happened it kind of brought these two together to produce the UK legal RC scene that we have today - which is something we've never really had before...
squawk
(09-09-2012, 04:11 PM)jozef Wrote: I agree with ducttape - before mephedrone there were essentially two different markets: the RC/designer drug scene that was mostly UK illegal psychedelics, and the headshop market which was mostly branded chems and ethnobotanicals.
Around 2005 the headshop market was hugely boosted by both the open sale and subsequent banning of magic mushrooms, while the designer drug scene was pushed further underground by operation ismene/web tryp.
When mephedrone happened it kind of brought these two together to produce the UK legal RC scene that we have today - which is something we've never really had before...

I hate to be brutally honest but you lot come from commercial nice backgrounds and have no idea about the underground scene that has been going on in front of your very eyes for years and years.. again I would love to explain more but it involves delving into the illegal scene and that is not allowed here.. I may get shit or banned for this but I have to say it... YOU LOT HAVE NOT GOT A FU*KING SCOOBIESSSSSS WAKE THE FU*K UP... SMELL THE COFFEE. OR DON'T... IT'S YOUR CHOICE.. BLOODY MEPH MONKEYS ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!11111oneoneone
Well, it's not underground anymore, and you have meph to thank for that. Now go and have one of those etizolam and stop writing in capitals.
(10-09-2012, 06:22 AM)DuctTapetheDamage Wrote: Well, it's not underground anymore, and you have meph to thank for that. Now go and have one of those etizolam and stop writing in capitals.

What you just said is exactly my point... <3

I do not take etizolam.. I like proper cider :)
(09-09-2012, 08:36 PM)Br0kenRabbit Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 04:11 PM)jozef Wrote: I agree with ducttape - before mephedrone there were essentially two different markets: the RC/designer drug scene that was mostly UK illegal psychedelics, and the headshop market which was mostly branded chems and ethnobotanicals.

I hate to be brutally honest but you lot come from commercial nice backgrounds and have no idea about the underground scene that has been going on in front of your very eyes for years and years.. again I would love to explain more but it involves delving into the illegal scene and that is not allowed here.. I may get shit or banned for this but I have to say it... YOU LOT HAVE NOT GOT A FU*KING SCOOBIESSSSSS WAKE THE FU*K UP... SMELL THE COFFEE. OR DON'T... IT'S YOUR CHOICE.. BLOODY MEPH MONKEYS ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!11111oneoneone

I would think most people know about the "underground black market" that we can't mention for legal terms.

There is a point in their argument though broken in which some of the market has been brought into the mainstream. There is obviously still a large black market but there is also now a large commercial market that did not exist in the same way before mephedrone.

I would say that the underground market has not really been affected. Instead there are now two parallel markets running alongside each other.
I ran a headshop for many years and the legal high market existed long before mephedrone. It was all a bit shit but it was there. (who remembers Yellow Subs - I think they were ok!) Nothing has changed since the 1970s - manufacturers continue to push the law to its limits, frequently using banned but little known ingredients until they get sussed then they stop. Even the ingredients in poppers has changed several times to keep in line. Many local authorities don't like headshops, they try to bust them on tenuous grounds and generally fail as long but only as long as the shop knows their stuff and stays legal. We always employed people who had no interest in drugs - far safer. Employ druggies and you are playing with fire.

I got out of the business (no thanks due to the Duke of Westminster) before mephedrone thank god. The worst thing about running a headshop is not the law - its the endless procession of complete fuckwit and ignorant wanker customers.
i think the future markets will head to brand names.. brand names have already proved to be impossible to ban.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter