• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Police to extract mobile phone data within minutes...
http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/publ...-suspects/

This is scary. So they suspect someone near you of smoking a spliff, the van pulls up, out piles the knuckle draggers and surround the lot of you. (if you been in Central London at night, you know what I mean) You are detained for protesting your innocence and they claim they smelt a beer on your breath.

Next thing you know, they hack your phone within minutes, see pics of a fat line of 6-APB (totally legal) and see an email relating to chemicals. Now they have your email user/pass and enough to enact one of those searches at your house when they think drugs are involved.

My tin foil hat may need an upgrade. Keep your pictures clean folks and dont leave emails in your inbox if you dont need them anymore :)
This caused me to give my iPhone a spring clean today lol
"Ostensibly, the system has been deployed to target phones that are suspected of having actually been used in criminal activity"

Still, might be a timely reminder to get rid of some of those 'self portraits'.
(17-05-2012, 09:10 AM)Feed Wrote: "Ostensibly, the system has been deployed to target phones that are suspected of having actually been used in criminal activity"

Not bothered about this, the cops are massively under-resourced and under-funded, they simply don't have time to use this to bust someone for a line of powder that's possibly legal.
(17-05-2012, 09:20 AM)delorean Wrote:
(17-05-2012, 09:10 AM)Feed Wrote: "Ostensibly, the system has been deployed to target phones that are suspected of having actually been used in criminal activity"

Not bothered about this, the cops are massively under-resourced and under-funded, they simply don't have time to use this to bust someone for a line of powder that's possibly legal.

Agreed although it has made me think long and hard about what to keep around
this is a scandalous breach of peoples privacy. certainly if you have an android smartphone there is a free "full drive" encryption app for your phone, download it from the market.

ok, its a fucking hassle when you want to send a quick txt or take a spur of the moment photo but have to first type in a long 10-16 digit strong password so you can do that (even worst when trying to do that whilst driving lol) but... on the plus side if your phone gets nicked by thieves, or appropriated by the law even when you never broke any laws, then at least none of those cunts will ever get any of your data, just a bunch of random characters.
Bloody hell, what do you lot keep on your mobiles? Mine has maybe a few.. ahem pics that i wouldn`t want everyone to see, although if the police saw them they would probably have a good laugh.
If you`re firing off emails to the Bogata cartel arranging your next shipment and keeping that on your mobs you probably deserve to be caught.....
(24-05-2012, 12:31 AM)safe-as-houses Wrote: this is a scandalous breach of peoples privacy. certainly if you have an android smartphone there is a free "full drive" encryption app for your phone, download it from the market.

ok, its a fucking hassle when you want to send a quick txt or take a spur of the moment photo but have to first type in a long 10-16 digit strong password so you can do that (even worst when trying to do that whilst driving lol) but... on the plus side if your phone gets nicked by thieves, or appropriated by the law even when you never broke any laws, then at least none of those cunts will ever get any of your data, just a bunch of random characters.
I haved on the market an Android phone, i have looked on the market place but can't find this product.
(17-05-2012, 09:20 AM)delorean Wrote:

I wonder what the equivalent in police man hours a scare story like this is? :dodgy:
(24-05-2012, 11:41 AM)highsandlows Wrote:
(24-05-2012, 12:31 AM)safe-as-houses Wrote: this is a scandalous breach of peoples privacy. certainly if you have an android smartphone there is a free "full drive" encryption app for your phone, download it from the market.

I haved on the market an Android phone, i have looked on the market place but can't find this product.

Sorry :D i can't even read my own message. What i meant to say was i have an android phone but i can't find this app on the market place, can anybody offer any help?

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter