These meager fleas, he's the breeze
And she's the bees knees for sheez
G's of Gs
Seize property, shopping sprees, chop the cheese
drop degrees to stop diseases
gee wiz pa!
DOOM rock grammer like the Kumbaya
Mama was a ho hoppa, papa was a rollingstone
Star like Obama, pull a card like oh drama!
Civil liberties
These little titties abilities riddle me, middle C
Give a MC a rectal hysterectomy
lecture on removal of the bowels, foul technically
Don't expect to see the recipe
Until we receive the check as well as the collection fee
More wreck than section Z
What you expect to get for free?
Shit from me, history
The key, plucked it off mayor
Chucked it in the ol tar pit off La Brea, playa
They say he's gone too far
DOOM'll catch em after Jumar on cue lacka!!
Do what'cha gotta do, grarrrr
the rumors are not true, gotchu (got you) ma
No prob, got the job, hot barred heart throb
Scotch Guard the bar the with cotton swabs, dart lob
Bake a cake, sweet
Jamaica trade in treats on the beach
make her skeet til her feet meet
You sure that isn't a rap king?
“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”
Hello all, thanks for youre responses, I wasnt seeking any responses, just merely providing my poems for entertainment, and thoughtful stimulation. (and shameless self promotion).

I dont automatically think that trusting machines would turn out to be a doomsday scenario for the human race, but it is a possibility. If machines do develop self-awareness (consciouness) then would they be any different to humans? surely they would no longer be machines and develop feelings of empathy etc (unless they all turn out to be psychopaths), then we would have to call machines 'Humans', or ourselves 'Machines' for all the good and ill that both terms would imply.

This has just reminded me funnily enough, of a theory which i developed years ago (and has been stuck in the back of my mind ever since), about how machines may develop consciousness, and which nobody (despite all the programmes i've watched about artificial intelligence) ever seems to mention. I think i might commit this to paper, at some point in the future, and forward it on to a scientific magazine, for either praise or ridicule.

Incidentally, does anyone remember the childrens TV series 'Chocky' based on a novel by John Wyndham. It's on BBC Radio 4 Extra at the moment (Sun 15th Dec). I listened to it last night, and it was ace! I wont spoil it if you've never seen, read or heard it, by giving the plot/ending away, but i strongly recommend it, its a little creepy at times, but brilliant food for thought. Let me know if you enjoy it!

Also whilst i am on the subject of what makes us human, there is also a godd programme on BBC Radio 2 called 'Jeremy vine's Being Human', in which various celebrities are invited to talk about 'What makes us human?' it available as a podcasts and downloads archive, available indefinatley.

More poems on the way soon. :)

XXXXX
"Despite access to billions of people online, i have never felt so alone."
This is a poem, which still these days, has me in violent sweaty sleeps, making the bed wet, and what i think of distant memories, seem somehow real.

Birdsong

In the morning,
When the first light begins to saturate the air,
In the morning,
When the night is put to flight,
And the blossoming hawthorns,
Willingly accept the dew.

In the morning,
They are singing,
A chorus of ardent noise,
Of things unsaid by human tongue.

Can't you hear the names of the pagan dead,
And all those misty tales,
Of Christian treachery,
Tragedy and dread?

Men.
Women.
Children slain,
And those who survived,
Force fed with bread and wine.

The soil ripped from their hands,
And their lands,
Claimed and divided,
By foreign theives,
All hideous,
All diseased.

You gods of sky and earth,
When will our resentments cease,
And the birds in the morning,
Silent be?
When will these dues be done,
And the currency of revenge,
Paid in full?

published in 'The Cannon's Mouth' issue 44 June 2012

copyright D P Jones.
Hello guys, i am really sorry if i'm giving you the impresion that i just using youre site for self promotion. If there is any problem please let me know, I am desperatley trying to collate my 5-MeO-DALT and Ehanol experiernces into proper trip reports, the notes of which i have made since New Years Eve, Have been Eaten by the cat, but which i feel i can still rescue from the cats vomit.

UP Helly Aa,

It is now the ships of time,
And the gift voices,
Like teardrops,
Both heard then,
In madmens tears,
And their consumaton,
In the night of flames,
Is had in the alleyway,
Both girls and boys alike,

And then there is the communal burning of their boats,
Drunk in pleasure,
Drunk in the joys of passing on,
Their feet dirty with the soil,
After all these years.

In the flames of the boat,
Both men and women,
Are honoured,
Beneath the northern stars,
Which never set.

Music and laughter,
Is the source of meaning,
Forever from the Pub.

(copyright D. P. Jones)

(unpublished).
Just donate some of the millions you are making
“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”
I am not making any money whatsoever. In fact i am fucking broke. If i am lucky the only payment that i receive, is a free copy of the publication, that my work has appeared in, for the mice in my home to feast on, and that is a comment on how we do not appreciate people with creative talenlts currently in the modern world.
Some of the most talented and creative people I have ever met are buskers. Allmost none of them make alot of money but at least a lot of people get to see their performances and indeed appreciate them.
Rap is poetry dude. I mean real rap though, not Lil Wayne and other such atrocities churned out by the machine.
Hello, Thanks both for youre comments.

Ilovethepostman: I have myself seem some really good buskers, and i keep thinking, how the fuck can they not be making a living out of it? It just shows how talent is often not recognised by contemporary society. Take the painter Van Gogh for example, in his lifetime he was just treated as a lunatic, yet after his death, his works started to fetch a lot of money, which he should have enjoyed himself.

HighPlainsDrifter: you made me laugh when you reffered to 'Lil Wayne' as an a atrocitie. Personally i dont like rap / hip hop, so i am probably not in a position to make an accurate criticism, although i have heard a lot of intereting arguments over the years, as to whether  rap is poetry or not. Now having said this i did hear one evening, whilst i was listening to somebodys music choice on 'Dessert Island Discs' on radio 4, a piece of music (either rap or hip hop, i dontknow which) which had the lyrics in it 'Knowledge is power, knowledge is power' i completley missed who it was by, but it really stood out to me as a good piece of lyrical inventiveness, and i just thought the message 'knowledge is power' was a really good positive message, which i think would be good for a lot of young people, who are involved in gangs / gun crime etc to hear, to try and get them, to take more of an intelligent interest in the world, to try and stop the seemingly endless cycles of violence towards each other, which i believe they think is a good thing, because of the more negative aspects of rap (or hip hop) which the machine eagerly sells them, to make a quick buck.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter