• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Phife Dawg RIP
I'm not one for celebrities or pretending to know or grieve for people that I have never met but I am seriously saddened and heavy hearted to hear that one of the original champions of positive hip hop has died...

Any fan will know he was sick with diabetes throughout his career...

"when's last time you heard a funky diabetic?" (ATCQ - oh my god)

He was friends with Q Tip from the age of 3 and they formed A Tribe Called Quest in their teens...

To cut a long story short Hip Hop doesn't get any better than ATCQ and anybody that has followed them has been hoping that one day they put something out again...

I think there is a solo album been recorded or part way through so there will be some material to come but ATCQ are now definitely over.

I'm going to start with my favourite ATCQ

and here's my favourite phife solo:

Blankets screw you up. Just say no.
Thanks for this. Will give that all a playthrough.
my pleasure and please do...

In the meantime I'm going to keep posting... 

You can't understate the importance and influence of ATCQ in the past 30 years... not just in Hip Hop either... its all the same... all related... all music collides and rebounds... its all the same... House / Hip Hop / D&B / Dubstep whatever... its just tempo's and rhythms and interaction...

Blankets screw you up. Just say no.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter