• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

On Smoking or Vaping Mexedrone
Sad 
Noticed a few days ago a blog post on vendor Research Chemical Sales about the dangers of smoking or vaping Mexedrone. 

Apparently it decomposes to release toxic gasses!!! Ughhh
Do not vape this crap. I wouldn't consume it as it is hardly active and not worth the kidney or renal damage. But yes here is a guote

So while conducting a melting pointdetermination (an analytical method to assess a compounds purity) on both the powder and crystal forms. We found it melts with decomposition @ 192-195 °C. Now decomposition of cathinones at their melting point is nothing unusual. However, whathappened next was! 

There was a large and rapid gas ejection, almost ejecting the sample from the analysis tube (think Volcano like). This was a very rare situation to happen! We know the compound spontaneously decomposed and did one of two things: It dimerised to the pyrazine (the inactive chemical) and released a large amount of the Toxic Gas Hydrogen Chloride (HCl) (which will burn your lung at best) along with super heated water in a rapid manner; OR worse decomposed into something else entirely and released the Deadly Gas Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN) (which will kill you at worst). 

Nasty Fucking shit. What a shill product.

love the world and it will love you back. chin
And they still sell it ?
(25-09-2015, 02:02 PM)Drum Wrote: And they still sell it ?

If you look at the blog post they say it's alright at normal temperatures just don't heat the crap out of it!!! To be fair don't see many other vendors giving out good advice about how to handle their Chems
With the original sample of mexedrone I got from UKCR I vaped twice and found it very pleasant. I vaped in a bong with shedloads of marshmallow on top which worked very well.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
Haha I vaped this, it was putrid!

It turns into a crude oil like substance with very little heat applied. It 'erupts ' as they said! There's a violent bubbling, spitting, hissing reaction. It hurts like fuck to inhale. Turns into something like burnt melted plastic after a second or two.

It won't burn anymore after that stage even though most of the material still remains. Unlike other crystals that melt into a liquid puddle upon heating, start producing vapour and then recrystallise when the heat source is removed, Mexedrone crystals have an instant irreversible reaction. Looks like lava being ejected from an undersea volcano as it comes into contact with the water.

Maybe I over heated it but minimal heat was applied. Or maybe it was batch specific. Either way not something I'll repeat!
"I am not only touching the Sun... I am the Sun... We are one"
Did you get the original batch or the "improved" batch. While it didn't vape as easily as some chems it ertainly didn't behave like you described bud.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
(25-09-2015, 03:06 PM)neilj Wrote: Haha I vaped this, it was putrid!

It turns into a crude oil like substance with very little heat applied. It 'erupts ' as they said! There's a violent bubbling, spitting, hissing reaction. It hurts like fuck to inhale. Turns into something like burnt melted plastic after a second or two.

It won't burn anymore after that stage even though most of the material still remains. Unlike other crystals that melt into a liquid puddle upon heating, start producing vapour and then recrystallise when the heat source is removed, Mexedrone crystals have an instant irreversible reaction. Looks like lava being ejected from an undersea volcano as it comes into contact with the water.

Maybe I over heated it but minimal heat was applied. Or maybe it was batch specific. Either way not something I'll repeat!

Thanks for and bravely independently verifying our findings!! 

Please don't inhale those vapours as they contain HIGHLY TOXIC gases. 

This advice would extend to most if not all cathinone like molecules.

We are one of the few vendors to rigorously test all chemicals we sell. To not only recommend the best conditions in which to conduct experiments but more importantly under which conditions they become UNSAFE.

Our company motto is: Customer Safety; Before Profits

(25-09-2015, 05:21 PM)Kompressor Wrote: Did you get the original batch or the "improved" batch. While it didn't vape as easily as some chems it ertainly didn't behave like you described bud.

Not sure if you're trolling on this one?!

However, this is a serious issue as breathing in Hydrogen Chloride (HCl) or Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN) vapours can have deadly consequences!!

Seriously, not a time for jokes
I vaped it during sample batches, wouldn't of tried if I'd seen your article!

Sorry for my lack of understanding but is hydrogen chloride the same thing that is used to form HCL salts? If so isn't vaping any HCL salt dangerous? I have very limited chemistry knowledge so excuse me if that's a dumb question.

@Kompressor I can't be sure as the whole thing was a mess but I had 4 samples, 3 from BRC and 1 from a local head shop. It wasn't the first batch but I think it was the second.  The one that everyone reported as totally inactive crap.
"I am not only touching the Sun... I am the Sun... We are one"
(25-09-2015, 06:38 PM)neilj Wrote: I vaped it during sample batches, wouldn't of tried if I'd seen your article!

Sorry for my lack of understanding but is hydrogen chloride the same thing that is used to form HCL salts? If so isn't vaping any HCL salt dangerous? I have very limited chemistry knowledge so excuse me if that's a dumb question.

@Kompressor I can't be sure as the whole thing was a mess but I had 4 samples, 3 from BRC and 1 from a local head shop. It wasn't the first batch but I think it was the second.  The one that everyone reported as totally inactive crap.

Alright as I'm a chemist i'll try my best to explain to a non-chemist (if i lose you I'm sorry). 

When HCl is bound in a salt, mainly to a nitrogen it's normally fine. 

But when HCl is free it become a gas and is really nasty i'll link an external Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) HCL MSDS have a read and if you need me to explain any points just ask.

Like i said before if you want to be as safe as possible come to US for your research chemical needs.

We supply the most up to date safety information of the research chemicals on the market.

I personally don't know of any other vendor who has highlighted this info on Mexedrone before as it could become DEADLY if handled under the WRONG conditions!

Also I cannot speak for other vendors and their credentials but here at our company we ONLY employ MSci. and Ph.D.  Chemists; so you can guarantee we know ins and outs of the chemicals we supply.

P.S. It's not to say Mexedrone is a bad or unsafe compound; just don't heat it to it melting point ~195 C

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter