• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nootropics & The Psychoactive Substances Act 2016
Thumbs Up 
Hi guys.. new to the forum 

In short - I recently became interested in using nootropics to assist me with the 3 years of study ahead of me..

Before I got around to researching them, I discovered a new law due is to come in force later this month, which as I understand will make nootropics illegal. 

Its not been easy finding much information on this.  Just wondered if anyone can answer any of the following questions..

Will ALL nootropics come under this new law? If not, is there a list of which one's will/won't be affected?

What are the likely consequences of being caught in possession of noots once the law is active?

Are any nootropics known to cause a positive result for illegal substances on drug tests e.g amphetamines?

Last question due to having regular drug tests in my current job

Any input greatly appreciated
(09-05-2016, 04:46 PM)nomad Wrote: Hi guys.. new to the forum 

In short - I recently became interested in using nootropics to assist me with the 3 years of study ahead of me..

Before I got around to researching them, I discovered a new law due is to come in force later this month, which as I understand will make nootropics illegal. 

Its not been easy finding much information on this.  Just wondered if anyone can answer any of the following questions..

Will ALL nootropics come under this new law? If not, is there a list of which one's will/won't be affected?

What are the likely consequences of being caught in possession of noots once the law is active?

Are any nootropics known to cause a positive result for illegal substances on drug tests e.g amphetamines?

Last question due to having regular drug tests in my current job

Any input greatly appreciated

1. Nobody knows which nootropics will be captured by the act and which won't and the government haven't published any guidelines or added any specific exceptions. Yes, this is a terrible way to go about things.

2. Simple possession of psychoactive substances remains legal (as long as you're not in a custodial institution, but possession with intent to supply is an offence. The police may also confiscate suspected NPS. Nobody knows what the penalies for any of these things will be - most offenses carry up to 7 years, but the sentencing council who provide guidelines on proportionate sentencing haven't completed their guidance for the act.

3. That's a hard question to answer. You'll want to do some research on each substance you take if you're concerned by the possibility. In general, I doubt it, but there may be some that will show up on a drug test.
Does anyone know what the status is of Modafinil (imported form India)  to the UK? The Bill is not clear on this. I'm assuming it is still legal to import for personal use as Modafinil is a pharmaceutical.
Haven't read the bill but I don't think the laws around POM have changed, based on various comments on the forum.

It certainly won't stop me from ordering Modalert from India; immensely beneficial to my career.

Quick side-note: Ordered from 4NRX twice and both times being subjected to credit card fraud not long after so won't be using them anymore.  Interesting that the only available payment option is now Visa and that they ask for your DOB on ordering.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had problems with them.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter