• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Noopept
This seems the most effective nootropic I've tried. The only one I dose on daily, only take small breaks from. It's relatively new & unstudied, so I'd like to hear other opinions on it.

For me it helps me to feel more in control of myself, it potentates other drugs & helps to prevent some side effects. It helps my memory, especially with psychedelic chemicals that might affect it.

It's really subtle, especially after developing a tolerance, but it seems to be a wonder drug to me, easily one of my top 5 favourite chemicals. Seems to help me enjoy other drugs more, lessen side effects, increase sensitivity to 'good effects' & improves focus when I'm sober too. Seems to cure any hangover & may be neuroprotective.

If I'm drinking, (like now) it seems to help me keep some control. It seems to help me remember psychedelic trips too.

As far as I can find out it seems pretty benign. Low doses are all that's needed, so it's cheap too.
(20-10-2014, 12:45 AM)Passiflora Wrote: This seems the most effective nootropic I've tried. The only one I dose on daily, only take small breaks from. It's relatively new & unstudied, so I'd like to hear other opinions on it.

For me it helps me to feel more in control of myself, it potentates other drugs & helps to prevent some side effects. It helps my memory, especially with psychedelic chemicals that might affect it.

It's really subtle, especially after developing a tolerance, but it seems to be a wonder drug to me, easily one of my top 5 favourite chemicals. Seems to help me enjoy other drugs more, lessen side effects, increase sensitivity to 'good effects' & improves focus when I'm sober too. Seems to cure any hangover & may be neuroprotective.

If I'm drinking, (like now) it seems to help me keep some control. It seems to help me remember psychedelic trips too.

As far as I can find out it seems pretty benign. Low doses are all that's needed, so it's cheap too.
Its cheap yeah, I don't remember getting much from it though and looking around longevity some users reported side effects I found worrying(mainly to do with doodle size). Don't know if true or not but worth looking into. Limitless i certainly wasn't anyway.

I fear these noots and am tempted by them equally. Of course I want to get smarter but am somewhat sceptical, plus pretty sure they're fairly untested as yet. Maybe one day. That said I'm about to give piracetam a turn so we'll see.

Edit:good luck all the same, if it works for you and you're aware of any side effects and keep them in check then I don't have a prob with it just in case that wasn't clear.
You're not supposed to get much from it, like with other noots & tbh the effects are so subtle it could be placebo, but it does seem to do something.

I haven't tried piracetam, but noopept should be similar, just 1000x more potent so you need to take less. I wouldn't want to have to eat 20g of powder a day to get a similar mild effect.

It's a peptide, so most of it will be broken down to it's amino acids in the GI tract if taken orally.

It has been studied a little, but they're small Russian studies. It's an OTC pharmaceutical there.

It's definitely not NZT.

No problems with my doodle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noopept
Given that I have just ordered some of this for experimental purposes, this is an interesting thread. I ordered it basically because it appears to be a generic all-in-one nootropic, and it seemed a good start point for someone unfamiliar with this genre of chem. 

Given that I am unlikely to dose every day (I don't do that with any chem), and that you refer to the effects as subtle, how soon is dosing likely to reach a noticeable threshold?
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ Terence McKenna
(20-10-2014, 08:22 AM)Passiflora Wrote: You're not supposed to get much from it, like with other noots & tbh the effects are so subtle it could be placebo, but it does seem to do something.

I haven't tried piracetam, but noopept should be similar, just 1000x more potent so you need to take less. I wouldn't want to have to eat 20g of powder a day to get a similar mild effect.

It's a peptide, so most of it will be broken down to it's amino acids in the GI tract if taken orally.

It has been studied a little, but they're small Russian studies. It's an OTC pharmaceutical there.

It's definitely not NZT.

No problems with my doodle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noopept

Keep it up (no on intended) and let us know how you get on. Have you tried any cognitive tests while you're using(maybe you've heard ofvdual n back)?
No, Steve, but I'm recovering coeliac, so feeling much more clear headed anyway since stopping eating gluten. I doubt noopept has a huge effect really, a little more than your average racetam possibly, but it has some interesting interactions with drugs & alcohol.

I only started taking it because I was getting "brain fog", mental slowness, lack of energy, lethargy, depression, etc & didn't know why, assumed it was things I did when I was younger catching up with me, felt brain damaged or something, but I actually wasn't, just a gluten intolerance. It did help a little then especially at first, really helped to lift the fog & helped me to think more clearly, but I found out gluten was the real cause for me. It probably doesn't do much at all for healthy people, except the interaction with other substances thing, I can't feel it do anything at all for me now unless I'm on something else.

(20-10-2014, 10:21 AM)6dream Wrote: Given that I have just ordered some of this for experimental purposes, this is an interesting thread. I ordered it basically because it appears to be a generic all-in-one nootropic, and it seemed a good start point for someone unfamiliar with this genre of chem. 

Given that I am unlikely to dose every day (I don't do that with any chem), and that you refer to the effects as subtle, how soon is dosing likely to reach a noticeable threshold?

I felt it within 20 minutes of my first 20mg dose, depression & brain fog started to lift & things became clearer, but I was ill. You might not notice anything. It depends why you're taking it. If you're totally healthy mentally then it might not do anything noticeable for you.

When I say nothing, maybe a very slight stim feel, but not as strong as a cup of tea. I wouldn't take it right before bed.
My first experience with Noopept is below, which was also my first experience of a nootropic (unless Phenibut counts). It was a one-off punt, rather than part of a daily regime. I'm not sure whether that is some sort of sacrilege for connoisseurs, but I purposely refrain from ever taking the same chem on a daily basis.

(T + 0) 
Take 2x10mg pills

(T + 20 Mins) 
Something is definitely happening. A light head buzz. No bodyload or physical effects perceived though.

(T + 1 Hour)
Same. A sort of low level buzz, but no blur. I feel OK, but no euphoria or significant mood shift. Just feel content, so if any mood shift there is, it is slightly positive. No anxiety, for sure.

(T + 4 Hours) 
I have a nap (last night, was a late night).

(T + 5 Hours)
Take another 10mg.

(T + 6 Hours)
It's easy to forget that I've had anything, but then again, at the same time, I know that I have, and am aware of it when I think about it. I am experiencing some mental clarity/focus, but the buzz is very mild.

(T + 7 Hours)
Another 10mg. It feels like the opposite of alcohol, with which vision (along with perception) goes hazy. Vision on this stuff is clearer than usual, and if focused on, provides a certain strangeness, which is quite pleasant. Unlike alcohol, I am able to work well, with a clear head.

(T + 8 Hours)
Another 10mg. Same. Slight hint of a headache? Maybe, but if so it’s mild and it passes. From here I drift slowly back to normality, before retiring to bed.

Summary: Total intake over 8 hours was 50mg. It probably does more or less what it says on the tin. A strange feel about it, visible clarity, maybe an effect on mental functionality. It's not really a trip in the stim, psychedelic, noid sense, but there is a distinct experience.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ Terence McKenna
Yeah, it's nice, subtle. Kind of like a gentler 6 hour nicotine buzz. A little increased focus & clarity. After a while of daily dosing that feeling becomes the norm, it builds up & gets better, possibly due to BDNF release.

It keeps the same feeling of clarity when mixed with other drugs too. Most obvious example is alcohol, it'll feel more euphoric, but without so much memory loss, slurred speech, etc. It often increases euphoric effects & reduces unwanted side effects. It's like the opposite of the unwanted effects of alcohol.

All nootropics seem to have subtle effects, noopept seems about the most potent & it's one of the cheaper ones too, certainly cheaper per dose than most others, if bought as bulk powder.

It's still a subtle "is it placebo or not" type effect, it's not like taking recreational drugs, but there does seem to be more to it than just placebo, especially with regular dosing.
There have been batches of this cut with salt, do be aware that if you get nothing from it then it could be fake.

With that said, I got nothing from two batches.
There was no salt in mine, from any of the few suppliers I've bought from on ebay, it was all good & it'd be noticeable, the powder is nothing like salt in texture or taste. Noopept has a fairly distinctive taste & smell, like dried mushrooms & chemicals. Bought from Focus Supplements a couple of times & their stuff seems good, fast delivery, etc.

It's just not supposed to have much effect, it's not a recreational drug. Unless you have some kind of brain damage to repair I doubt you'd notice much effect at all. It's more noticeable if you're taking some other drug that impairs you, like alcohol, you may feel a little less impaired.

If you suffer from short term memory loss or anything like that, it may help. AFAIK that's what it's sold for OTC in Russian pharmacies. If you don't have the symptom you wont notice the treatment, just like a nasal decongestant wont do much if your nose isn't blocked.

It may have some long term (beneficial) cumulative effects too, but I'm not sure, I think they'd be hardly noticeable if you were healthy before.

A friend said he noticed no effect from the same stuff I was daily dosing. He used to be able to outdrink me, now he can't & it's not because I became alcoholic.

It is very subtle & some people aren't going to notice effects at all, but I don't think it's placebo. It has had some small medical trials in Russia & seemed to be effective for treating certain problems. Maybe their medical research standards aren't quite as high as UK/EU/US, but I still think there's something in it.

Because it's a peptide it'll be broken quite quickly by stomach enzymes, oral availability is low. Maybe some people break it all down before it gets in their blood. It's best after a high protein meal, it's not for taking on an empty stomach. Sublingual isn't great either, it's hard to dissolve & one batch I got caused some slight chemical burns.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter