• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Mexedrone trip reports, for the cathinone-naive...
Mexedrone trip report(s) for the cathinone-naive

Subject: male, mid 30s, 70kg approx.
Experience: no prior experience with cathinones, some experience with speed, current RC stims and a variety of other things

Substance: mexedrone, IUPAC as yet unknown. Apparent analogue of mephedrone.
Appearance: opaque crystal shards, similar in appearance to natural quartz or rock salt
Smell: no discernible odour from bag, some fusty odour on crushing crystals
Taste: bitter on tip of tongue, fusty or slightly unpleasant taste but not nauseating
Density: seems relatively dense, small crystals weigh a fair bit, but crushes easily enough

Report #1: allergy test doses

2mg intranasal, then 8mg intranasal, then 6mg sublingual, then 16mg intranasal. Some mild burn noted at 16mg, nothing cruel. Drip mildly unpleasant on back of throat, controlled by chewing gum. Though minor, there was more nasal blockage than expected from such a small amount of powder and I wonder how readily soluble it is; blockage was naturally gone after 2-3 hours.

The last three "allergy tests" were conducted in very close proximity to each other and definite threshold effects were noted (sub clinical but clearly more than placebo) from 30mg altogether. Effects were within the anticipated territory, slight "eyes open" effect and mild but noticeable sweating, no other body load. Not unpleasant but I have some reservations about jumping straight to five times that dose. The threshold dose is thus <=30mg for me, not overwhelming at this dose but clearly active. Any effect from this was fully and definitely gone by T+3h and largely so by T+2h. Not unpleasant, but I am quite glad I did not rush in higher and slightly unsure about the prospect of snorting 100-150mg of this. On a positive note, 30mg of this was reasonably active as compared with 30mg of MPA or of 4-Me-TMP, so I suspect that 100-150mg (if and when I’m willing to get there) would blow me away.

Some 18 hours was allowed to elapse, post allergy tests, before proceeding further. General HR note: 30mg is a heck of an “allergy test” and would not have happened at this rate had I not already had trustworthy reports on considerably higher doses of the same batch from the same source.

Report #2: 50mg intranasal + 75mg intranasal

T+0m 50mg insufflated, 25mg in each nostril. Mild burn, nothing too bad.
T+5m Similar threshold effects. No obvious repeat of nasal blockage, scratch that as idiopathic. I’m now falling more into line with other reports, no rush at this dose and higher doses would appear to be needed. Tempted to double up immediately but caution prevails for now. Becoming unpleasant in back of throat.
T+11m Drip provokes some gagging/retching and a brief feeling of nausea. This seems to be a function of the RoA rather than of the drug itself, I can be sensitive to insufflation at the best of times. It’s liveable, I’ve experienced worse from phenidates and even from MPA.
T+15m Happily some mentholated chewing gum is sufficient; nausea is largely gone. Slight evidence of sweating but less pronounced than yesterday; it is 6 or 7 degrees cooler, earlier in the day and less caffeine has been consumed, any of which might be a factor.
T+20m There is tentative agreement with the collective wisdom that this is not a sufficient dose, though it remains prudent to ramp up slowly and cautiously. A redose is actively being considered, subject to concerns both about cumulative dosage and about the pointlessness of repeating a suboptimal dose.
T+30m 75mg insufflated, perhaps against my better judgement. Cumulative dose 125mg.
T+32m Can definitely feel that. Slight mental boost, slight stim, slight odd feeling that is difficult to quantify, maybe a slight change to visual perception. Odd feeling in hands / forearms, possible mild vaso but too early to call. Stim dick observed.
T+40m Nothing much to report. Decaffeinated tea made. Clearly active but still nothing to write home about at this dose. Highly ambivalent about larger intranasal doses, though.
T+45m Nausea returns, fairly grim in back of throat. Largely held at bay by tea but not entirely so, the risk of vomiting feels real this time. Couldn’t use this intranasally without suitable mitigating steps and I really can’t imagine I want to snort 100-150mg.
T+50m Slight increase in body load, no massive tension or heart rate increase, just slight sweating and a feeling of general weirdness. Not terribly unpleasant (and not vastly enjoyable either, just different), but enough to slow me down a bit. There is a slight temptation (for experimental reasons, not compulsion) to snort 100mg on top and see what happens, but on the balance of probabilities it doesn’t feel like a wise idea.
T+1h0m There seem to be no substantial ill effects. Slight increase in body temperature, slight sweating, hints of mild vasoconstriction, nothing out of order. Unscientifically, it feels ‘cleaner’ than eph but ‘dirtier’ than MPA, with the caveat that I haven’t nailed the perfect dose yet. Pupil dilation is apparent.
T+1h10m Mild nausea remains; a fairly small amount of cannabis is consumed for anti-nausea properties and some more tea is made. I am yawning, and I feel like going back to bed; excess stimulation there is not. Sweating is now abating, and I feel abnormally hungry. Feels like I’ve crashed to below baseline - still not unpleasant, just darn tired.
T+1h20m Lunch is now cooking, but I am yawning uncontrollably and I really feel like I could go to bed. The amount of cannabis consumed was quite trivial and I am a habitual/daily user, so it is fairly implausible (or most unusual, anyway) that a quarter of a joint would be responsible either for the munchies or for the yawning. More likely I’m just naturally hungry and/or tired, but I’m surprised at how pronounced this felt at some 40-60 minutes after redosing with 75mg. Decide to wander outside briefly, it seldom hurts.
T+1h30m Still yawning, though the tiredness is less acute and I am not forced to lie down. Hopefully some lunch and some vitamins might help.
T+1h40m Lunch (a small pizza) was ready. Despite my intense hunger, ingesting three mouthfuls of pizza brought on some of the most forceful and unpleasant vomiting I have ever experienced, accompanied by heavy sweating. By forceful, I mean what couldn’t exit via my mouth tried to exit via my nose, which is damned unpleasant. No sign of wider gastrointestinal problems or any panic-related symptoms; the vomiting came out of the blue and was followed by diaphoresis rather than preceded by it. My nose now hurts like merry hell, more from stomach acid than from the chem.
T+2h0m I am not a fan of nasal irrigation, but decided that it would be prudent to reduce damage and immediate discomfort. Partially effective, but quite some discomfort persists and I think this is more than sufficient to put paid to any further intranasal testing of mexedrone, for me at least. Other than that, I feel fine and there seem to be no other notable effects to report.
T+2h20m Nasal pain persists, with occasional sneezing and greatly increased production of mucus. This is no bad thing as my nose is making efforts to dilute and to dispose of the problem. Still bloody unpleasant, though. Some dysgeusia is noted, there is a “cheesy” smell and taste to everything, faintly reminiscent of something between parmesan (there was none in the pizza) and old socks (and none of those, either!). Decide to quit blowing my nose too much and let it get on with it.
T+2h30m Pain is subsiding, there are no further signs of nausea and I decide to risk a cup of tea. At this point, a noticeable lump of something (other than mucus) slides from the back of my nose down to my throat and is swallowed. I can only assume it must have been a piece of pizza. Eugh. Breathing through my nose is suddenly much clearer, though.
T+2h40m Stim dick and pupil dilation seem to persist, hands feel slightly cold, jaw clenching here and there, generally I feel somewhat tired but not tense or unwell. Tea is largely tolerated; some more cannabis is smoked, seems like the worst is past.
T+3h0m Some further gastrointestinal discomfort, not amounting to nausea. This turns into feeling hungry again, but I deem it prudent to wait after what just happened. Dysgeusia persists, the same parmesan/old socks taste as earlier. Tea is abandoned, just in case.
T+4h Feeling somewhat better, the stomach upset and vaso effects are gone, dysgeusia has largely subsided. A cup of tea and a packet of crisps were consumed without problems. Nothing further of great significance to report after this point.

Thoughts on report #2

It is unwise to draw any wider conclusions from this single experience, beyond that insufflating a cumulative 125mg of this seems to disagree forcefully with me. It is not yet proven whether this is an inherent effect of mexedrone, an idiopathic intolerance to the RoA or simply an irreproducible result. I can’t imagine me snorting larger amounts of it, though. Initially, my money would be on an idiopathic intolerance to the RoA, basing that hypothesis on the fact that the nausea was not consistent or persistent, as it has been in the past with certain phenidates and/or psychedelics, and was at least initially connected firmly with the drip. It went away again and I had no clear idea that I was going to be sick until a few seconds before it happened.

However, the sudden vomiting an hour or more after the last dose, being at the time unaware of any drip and far more interested in my food, suggests that my stomach itself perhaps did not welcome the substance. Accordingly, any subsequent experiments with oral dosing will have to involve careful dose titration and an awareness that there is some risk of a repeat performance.

Subsequent to this report, no major ill effects were noted and no obvious impact on intestinal motility. The smell does persist in sweat the following day, perhaps not as offensive as some descriptions would suggest but certainly I am aware of it.

Finally, note that I am so far the only person reporting vomiting out of a good few people sampling, so take this with a grain of salt until it can be confirmed or denied. (edit: read on…) Other than for that, the experience was not extreme or excessive and it wouldn’t seem unreasonable (with due preparation) to verify whether the problem is reproducible.

Report #3: 100mg intranasal

This is perhaps not an entirely sensible thing to do, in light of the above report. However, I have concluded that it’s a gamble worth taking - oral doses for cathinones are larger and longer-lived than intranasal doses, so there’s a good case for assessing an apparently effective intranasal dose (both for tolerability and desirability) before deciding what to do next.

Consultation with other experienced researchers suggests that 100mg should be clearly effective (it was for heavier-built users, more widely experienced with cathinones and other stims) and I believe it should also be sufficient to determine whether yesterday’s problems are reproducible or not. Prior to the experiment, a couple of pints of tea were consumed, one joint of cannabis and a pain aux raisins.

T+0m Commenced insufflating 100mg, alternating between nostrils
T+1m Duly insufflated, fuck that’s a lot of powder for a typical RC user. No major burn.
T+4m Aware of the nastiness in back of throat, increased mucus production. Can’t say I’m exactly rushing.
T+5m Holding off on urge to swallow or blow my nose, feeling something slight.
T+7m Either tolerance is an issue here or the dose response curve is odd, very mild tension and slight physical signs but I’m not getting much here for good or bad. More than 26 hours had elapsed since previous doses, so if tolerance is the problem I’d be surprised.
T+9m Drip gets nasty, washing it away with tea. Not nauseous as yet but the taste is grim.
T+10m Slight mood lift, no strong stimulation. HR seems normal. Can’t say I feel that impressed, but it’s not unpleasant.
T+15m No change. Any physical discomfort is very minor as compared with e.g. the phenidates. Stim dick noted, (very) mild feelings of physical tension, drip still nasty but, as yet, no nausea.
T+20m Can feel something, not unpleasant but not positively pleasant. Regrettably, as a cathinone-naive user, I’m not actually convinced that 100mg of this is superior (in my estimation) to other stims on the UK market at equal or lower doses. That’s in terms of received positive effects; the tolerability is (so far) good or at least acceptable. For what it’s worth, it feels more mood-enhancing and less stimulating than a majority of the things I’ve tried, could be no bad thing for some applications. Not unpleasant at all, I just am not sure I find it superior. Reminds me of 5-MeO-DALT minus the slightly sedating quality, there has to be some SERT activity here.
T+35m Maybe I have a preference for straight stims, but there’s nothing too bad about this even if it wasn’t quite what I was expecting. Mood enhancement seems pronounced. Physical effects are present but mild, slight odd feeling in hands, stim dick, mildly sweaty - nothing troublesome. More tea is made. Drip has all but gone away, perhaps famous last words but I could begin to believe I may get away with it this time.
T+45m No major change. Mood lift is still present, if passing its peak, but there is no real stimulation to speak of. May have value as an empathogen or a mood enhancer; those expecting a stimulant may be disappointed.
T+1h0m Definitely past its peak. Tea is consumed, no signs of nausea as yet.
T+1h20m There seems to be no repetition of yesterday, no feelings of nausea and no vomiting. To further confirm this, another pain aux raisins is consumed with my tea and does not provoke any problem at all. This is why we test things twice, whatever happened yesterday has not been reproducible and was therefore clearly not caused by the mexedrone in isolation. Effects are wearing off.
T+1h30m Slight comedown in the form of some tiredness, nothing major. No compulsion to redose, for me.
T+1h45m Tiredness slightly more pronounced, feel a little heavy. Still nothing extreme, though.
T+2h0m Residuals starting to wear off, stim dick and any vaso are gone, pupils still mildly dilated. Mild headache, seemingly helped by more tea.
T+2h15m Getting ready to go out, don't feel too bad at all.

Thoughts on report #3

I’m pleased I did this; it puts report #2 into context and it gives me a better idea of the results of a dose confirmed as worthwhile by others. I did not find the experience unpleasant (as compared with the present UK legal market) but it was definitely more mood-enhancing than stimulant. Personally, I don’t hate the stuff but I can’t see me going through large amounts of it. Those seeking a mood boost will probably enjoy it well enough, users looking for a stimulant may be less impressed.

The results were, on balance, agreeable enough to consider some further experiments with other RoAs, which will follow in due course, but not with the applications that I initially had in mind. This seems like a drug to sit around and enjoy the mood boost, rather than a source of great energy or motivation.

magick edited 17-08-2015 12:06 AM this post because:

Disclaimer: subsequent to this report, vendors are claiming that this was a poor quality batch, and that the "mexedrone" they sampled had a clearly stimulant quality of its own. Various batches have emerged with differing properties, raising doubts both about the relevance of this report to "mexedrone" as it may be found in the current market and also about the nature, consistency and legality of the (probably various) substances being supplied under the name "mexedrone".

Nice one magick
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
Great TR, has made me think this won't be for me.
It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.
Had a much better read through and I agree with all of it. Had actually been talking in the shoutbox saying that as far as this compoeting with even MPA as a stim, MPA would win but that isn't where the enjoyment with this lies. As someone who has used some cathinones this is definitely familiar to me but I think I'd have a fucking issue if someone fobbed me off with a line of this saying it was 4-MMC.

On top of a stim this is even nicer so maybe with MPA is how most would enjoy it, maybe even with MDAI thrown in as well. If people are willing to throw money at MDAI and then use it in combo with MPA and some tryptamine then I can't see hpow anyone could even consider overlooking this.

Nice TR. Definitely brought me back down a bit with my excitement but will still pick it up I expect. Would be interested to hear your response to a ~100mg dose where you haven't had tried it in the days before because that may have lessened effects. Still, this + MPA or even a bit of caffeine may be a good choice for me I think, especially as I'm still not sure about MDAI.
MDAI doesn't interest me enough to buy it either.

Thanks for the TR. Sounds like this is going to be average at best!
"Me and sleep are good friends but we haven't seen much of each other recently!"
Very thorough and useful report. Much appreciated! My favorite part was you talking about your intenstinal motlility.  lol

On that note, would you consider plugging it? It seems like that would mitigate some of the issues you had insufflating it not to mention be more efficient mg per mg than an oral dose. Also, can you clarify what you mean by mild physical tension? 

Hopefully you're just having an idiosyncratic reaction to this stuff... Out of curiosity, have any other drugs caused dysgeusia in you? The only things I can think of that alter my sense of smell or taste are arylcyclohexylamines and psychedelics (the former for the worse and the latter for the better). Certainly not any stimulants but I guess I tend not to eat when I'm on them anyway, unless it's an amphetamine marathon where I need to get work done so I force myself to eat through the anorexia.

Oh yeah and it is a really good idea to have reports separated by cathinone-naive and cathinone-experienced. As you can see I am interested in all of them, although the latter more than the former.
Good stuff magick. I agree it isn't very stimulating, perhaps a bit of MPA could do the trick if people are looking for a stimmy edge.

To me this feels like it has a fair bit of serotonin activity - and as such it might not be surprising that the 100mg intranasal dose was underwhelming after other testing took place in a close timeframe.

This won't change the world but I think it's a street ahead of the other RC stims out there. Also it is supposed to be 3/4 potency of meph. My mates who used to bash meph would always do at least a quarter of a gram for their big dose in a night, so maybe we haven't discovered the chem's full potential yet. However, my feeling is that pushing the dose higher may increase negative side effects without increasing the high, but we shall see.
Thanks for all the positive responses! A few replies in line:

(24-07-2015, 05:43 PM)eab25 Wrote: Nice TR. Definitely brought me back down a bit with my excitement but will still pick it up I expect. Would be interested to hear your response to a ~100mg dose where you haven't had tried it in the days before because that may have lessened effects. Still, this + MPA or even a bit of caffeine may be a good choice for me I think, especially as I'm still not sure about MDAI.

I think you may be right; there is no clear cut evidence of serotonin depletion or whatever, but I did feel that my responses were muted compared with other researchers who went in harder. That is unusual, typically I'm at the fairly sensitive end of the scale. I did actually feel something of an urge to combine it with MPA, could imagine myself being willing to test that sooner or later but, as you say, might be worth testing it in its own right after a few days off. 

(24-07-2015, 06:46 PM)chickenskittles Wrote: Very thorough and useful report. Much appreciated! My favorite part was you talking about your intenstinal motlility.  lol

On that note, would you consider plugging it? It seems like that would mitigate some of the issues you had insufflating it not to mention be more efficient mg per mg than an oral dose. Also, can you clarify what you mean by mild physical tension? 

Hopefully you're just having an idiosyncratic reaction to this stuff... Out of curiosity, have any other drugs caused dysgeusia in you? The only things I can think of that alter my sense of smell or taste are arylcyclohexylamines and psychedelics (the former for the worse and the latter for the better). Certainly not any stimulants but I guess I tend not to eat when I'm on them anyway, unless it's an amphetamine marathon where I need to get work done so I force myself to eat through the anorexia.

Oh yeah and it is a really good idea to have reports separated by cathinone-naive and cathinone-experienced. As you can see I am interested in all of them, although the latter more than the former.

Thanks. It's an odd thing to mention, perhaps, but given the violent nausea it seemed relevant at the time to mention it was limited to that and didn't cause wider intestinal upset. As it wasn't reproducible, it's perhaps superfluous with hindsight.

Yes, I'd consider plugging it a couple times for experimental interest, but I haven't yet tested the solubility (presumed high as with mephedrone but not proven). I may well need a 5ml syringe rather than the 2ml I have available presently, which could slow things down. It's not a favoured RoA of mine and I can't imagine I'd be willing to do so routinely, even if the results were exemplary. 

By mild physical tension, I was referring to increasing levels of muscle tension, specifically noted in the neck, shoulders, back, chest and occasionally in the jaw. I qualify it as mild because an average dose of e.g. ethylphenidate would do considerably worse. 

The only other thing I can remember causing dysgeusia is zopiclone, though that's well known for it. I think (again with hindsight) it may have been brought about by the vomiting or more specifically by the impact on my nose; once the drip had gone after the 100mg yesterday, I enjoyed a pastry without any off flavours. 

(24-07-2015, 06:47 PM)wyvern Wrote: Good stuff magick. I agree it isn't very stimulating, perhaps a bit of MPA could do the trick if people are looking for a stimmy edge.

To me this feels like it has a fair bit of serotonin activity - and as such it might not be surprising that the 100mg intranasal dose was underwhelming after other testing took place in a close timeframe.

This won't change the world but I think it's a street ahead of the other RC stims out there. Also it is supposed to be 3/4 potency of meph. My mates who used to bash meph would always do at least a quarter of a gram for their big dose in a night, so maybe we haven't discovered the chem's full potential yet. However, my feeling is that pushing the dose higher may increase negative side effects without increasing the high, but we shall see.

Looks like a number of us are feeling this might be all right in combination with MPA. I also wonder whether 3-FPM might suit the short-ish timeframe. For me at least, oral is distinctly the preferred RoA for either, which would probably also imply oral use of mexedrone. 

Gut feeling is you're right about leaving it a few days; tolerance seems to be an issue here. This may well be a drug for dose once, dose right and leave the hell alone for a while. So is 3-FPM in my estimation, which might make them natural bed-fellows. I share the concern about higher doses, but I could imagine 150-200mg of this and 50-100mg of 3-FPM or MPA being quite something.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter