• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make Naloxone Available OTC
Brief article/comment piece on the suggestion that naloxone should be made available without prescription..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/...e-naloxone

..it does make sense.. should RC developers also think about producing two sets of chemicals - one to switch on, one to switch off?.. perhaps a safer option than benzos at the end of stim session for example..
Link doesn't work.
Don't want regrets, going to try my best
But I'm only a man doing what I can
And I'll go forth with these words in my hand, in my hand.
..fixed.. ta Spam..
..here's a link to the ACMD Report on Naloxone
Naloxone only works on opiates....
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

(20-05-2012, 03:57 PM)Blodwyn Wrote: Naloxone only works on opiates....

..yeah.. I was referring to the concept of a chem to switch on and one to switch off.. Prof. Nutt was supposedly interested in this concept I think..
..here's a link to an article by Prof. Nutt where he mentions developing a recreational high agonist and antagonist to switch it off..
naloxone has a pretty short half life (about an hour). If it were available to users without the followup care of an ambulance/hospital then the worry is that the first dose snaps them out of a respiratory arrest overdose, everyone then thinks the user is all better and leaves them alone. One hour later that naloxone wears off as quickly as it came on and BAM they drop back into a respiratory (closed followed by a cardiac) arrest.
One dose of naloxone has to be followed by a 999 call straight away regardless of how well the person may look.

EDIT: ok just read the Prof Nutt article. I didn't realise naloxone could be used for anything other than emergency treatment of an opiate overdose so my above comments are not really so relevent. good link mango. I'd appreciate any you sharing any other interesting stuff like that.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter