• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MPA Trouble
This is a short report and is second hand. No, I'm not SWIM'ing, this genuinely happened to a couple of friends and should serve as a warning.

Male and Female subjects. Mid 30s, no health problems. Female subject has caffeine sensitivity, male subject has some sort of freakishly high tolerance for stimulants.

Over the course of a couple of hours they ingest about quarter of a gram nasally, and then finish off the gram between them orally. So about 500mg each (!). The evening at the music festival proceeds to be awesome but afterwards the problem starts.

He sleeps it off (did I mention freakish tolerance?) and is fine.

She gets cold extremities but flushes red and hot on her chest and face. Unsurprisingly, she can't sleep that night. The whole next day is spent in bed. Heart pounding, blood pressure likely very high, seems like hypertension and vasoconstriction. At this point I would have sought medical help but they chose not to.

After looking up various remedies, they feed her chocolate (minor help) get her to take a warm shower (she almost faints), have a glass of wine (not useful), take aspirin (some help) etc etc to try and relax the effects of vaso. They manage to make it out to the second night of the festival, where apparently a burger helps a lot, but only for about half an hour.

Night 2 with no sleep for the Female subject. They get back home the next day. She's still not in a good way but clearly the worst has passed by the time I see her. By early evening she's still upset at her heart pounding and thudding away in her ears and I manage to persuade her to have an etizolam to relax her. Heart calms, sleep follows shortly.

TL;DR - Two people take a gram of MPA and one of them feels like hell and can't sleep for 48 hours. This is way too much!
half a gram is not a small amount.  why don't people get this?
https://drug.cafe Encrypted Messaging & Chat Rooms
https://forum.drug.cafe Forum
[Image: 3ANSKL2.png]

Need to e-mail me?
(11-09-2013, 03:12 PM)Renton Wrote: half a gram is not a small amount.  why don't people get this?

Neglecting to look up dosing information was the main mistake and I think in this case it's likely because of a history of using club-acquired powders and just necking the gram. Because that's what you did and there was no way it was anything like pure anyway...
(11-09-2013, 03:15 PM)Kerensky Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 03:12 PM)Renton Wrote: half a gram is not a small amount.  why don't people get this?

Neglecting to look up dosing information was the main mistake and I think in this case it's likely because of a history of using club-acquired powders and just necking the gram. Because that's what you did and there was no way it was anything like pure anyway...

What kind of people don't look up doses of a drug they've never had?

They should be thankful the vendor didn't mix it up with 3,4-CTMP
https://drug.cafe Encrypted Messaging & Chat Rooms
https://forum.drug.cafe Forum
[Image: 3ANSKL2.png]

Need to e-mail me?
I think alot of ppl want more from mpa. Personally I find the negatives far outweigh the positives. You cant binge on this one and expect much sleep for a couple of days without sedation.
(11-09-2013, 03:27 PM)Renton Wrote: What kind of people don't look up doses of a drug they've never had?

People who saw me recklessly taking dabs from a 250mg bag at a previous event (I got through about half of it) and figured it was 'safe' I guess. The lessons have been learned now, including my lesson about communicating with other people and not assuming everyone is as cautious as me.

--EDIT-- not that my taking dabs from a 250mg bag is particularly cautious either, I admit
Its really hard not to be cross with people in this situation especially if the female has an issue with caffeine this really should have given some indication as to what might lay in store.  I know I bang on about this all the time but individual tolerances are so well individual.  I learnt this pretty much the hard way hanging out with 6ft+ 15 stone+ guys who assumed that a dose was a dose.  Luckily for me it turned out ok but has however left me with freakishly high tolerances for my size.  However I am still always amused that Mr Blod can get twice the effect of half of what I do. 

Sometimes vicarious learning is the only way people learn luckily on this occasion it wasn't a different end to the story.  A person only needs an unknown underlying health condition for this to have been a very different outcome.  I'd always stress as well even if people don't want or think they need medical attention if YOU are the person that's assuming responsibility of the situation its ultimately your call.  To be frank its going to be a hell of a lot harder to explain why you didn't call an ambulance. 

Also if you are at a festival its highly likely there will be a welfare team of some kind on-site who are specially trained to deal with this kind of situation and can help in a calm objective manner.
Thanks for posting this Kerensky a small reminder that we are human is always welcome far too many times I hear people boasting of mega doses and near misses and then saying there was little or no effect when the reality is their ego prevents them from telling the truth.
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

I've had half a gram of this knocking around for a few weeks, I find it a functional stim and good moodlifter, though I don't think I've ever gone beyond 100mg in a sitting. Can't imagine what the effects would be but I imagine diminishing returns.
(11-09-2013, 04:01 PM)Blodwyn Wrote: I'd always stress as well even if people don't want or think they need medical attention if YOU are the person that's assuming responsibility of the situation its ultimately your call.  To be frank its going to be a hell of a lot harder to explain why you didn't call an ambulance.

Absolutely. If I'd known at the time what the extent of the problem was I would probably have pressured them to do so, unfortunately I wasn't fully informed or in the same country at the time.

Quote:Thanks for posting this Kerensky a small reminder that we are human is always welcome far too many times I hear people boasting of mega doses and near misses and then saying there was little or no effect when the reality is their ego prevents them from telling the truth.

Yup, we all have limits and some of us accidentally stumble across them from time to time. I posted this because I always read the negative reports to try and get an idea of how much is too much, or if there's a way to spot and avoid the bad effects described, or if I just ought to leave a substance completely alone. There's no such thing as too informed!
(11-09-2013, 03:27 PM)Renton Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 03:15 PM)Kerensky Wrote: Neglecting to look up dosing information was the main mistake and I think in this case it's likely because of a history of using club-acquired powders and just necking the gram. Because that's what you did and there was no way it was anything like pure anyway...

What kind of people don't look up doses of a drug they've never had?

I did, but then I thought I could weigh it with my eyesslaphead

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter