• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lorazepam or Temazepam question
I've been wondering this for a while - why do you not see any Lorazepam or Temazepam for sale in the UK? It's always Diazepam that's available, which is a shame. Very strange...
Do you mean on sites that sell these prescription only substances to anyone(which we can't and won't mention here)
Or on DNM's?
Most of the websites you can pull up in a Google search for these things I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
DNM's (*disclaimer* which I am not condoning) is a choice each person has to make for themselves.

In the first instance I'd say it's because it's more of a well known substance so these dodgy websites have more chance of drawing people to them.

In the second I'd say it's probably because it's more commonly prescribed than the others and therefore easier to get in larger quantities for the illegal markets.

Either way I personally would not advise using either way to get hold of these medications.

Can I ask why you're looking for them?
Also if for a medical reason I'd advise seeing a dr before deciding to self medicate. Also to consider the pros and cons of doing that, and deciding if you have the restraint to not let them become an addiction.
Sorry for the lecture.
Regards
GN
They say pain is relative, it certainly feels like a relative of mine... One that I can't get rid of.
There's a couple of reasons that diazepam is more commonly sold illicitly in the UK versus lorazepam or temazepam.

Temazepam is more tightly regulated than diazepam. This is because it was, at one point, fairly commonly abused by injection drug users and had a fairly high rate of causing serious injury when used in this way. Most benzodiazepines sold illicitly in the UK are diverted from the pharmaceutical supply chain and it seems reasonable to assume that the more stringent requirements make it comparatively more difficult than other benzodiazepines for those seeking to shift drugs away from licit use for the purpose of illegal supply. The NHS has also been steadily moving away from prescribing temazepam over the past few years because it's about twice as expensive as zolpidem/zopiclone which are prescribed for similar reasons. Lorazepam is prescribed in similar circumstances to diazepam but is massively more expensive (around 14x) so the number of prescriptions will be far lower than those for diazepam.

So it's a combination of there being tighter regulations around temazepam making diversion more difficult and the relative scarcity of both drugs within licit supply chains limiting the opportunities that suppliers of the illicit drug market have to divert benzodiazepines for illegal sale.
^ taa for the proper breakdown
GN
They say pain is relative, it certainly feels like a relative of mine... One that I can't get rid of.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter