• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for men and women 18+ for study about spice + prize draw!
Hello, I’m Roxy and I am a third year undergraduate in psychology at the University of Sussex. As part of my final year project I am looking for participants in the UK who use drugs recreationally or casually to take part in a study which involves a survey and some interesting tests. You can also enter a prize draw to win £25 of Amazon vouchers!

I am looking for male and female participants who are over the age of 18, living in the UK and who have NO history or diagnosis of epilepsy, and who fit one of the following five categories:

*Use spice recreationally or casually.
*Have used spice recreationally in the past, but no longer do.
*Use drugs recreationally but have never used spice.
*Have experimented with drugs in the past, however never with spice.
*Have never used any illicit drugs.

I have ethical approval. It would be fantastic if you are able to take part, the study should take about 20 minutes to complete and the link to begin is below. The study will work best on a laptop or desktop computer, rather than a mobile phone as the tests will not work on mobiles. Please do not use a mobile phone.

Please click here to go to study: https://universityofsussex.eu.qualtrics....57sXSwZDox

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

**I have amended this as I have received ethical approval to include women in this study. It would be fantastic if you have some time to take part.
Interesting executive function tests, similar to these: https://www.ukchemicalresearch.org/Threa...ight=psych
xgmtixph qelynqng vjewmvsz tijbftre ybhakykc xgmtixph qelynqng https://youtu.be/Xm9vkDglfEg
Study this fuck
Thanks for sharing the link, that looks really cool :)
You may be on a hiding to nothing, if your study excludes participants with such conditions as ADHD (~2.3% of population, estimated) and/or bipolar affective disorder (~4.8% of population, estimated); there is strong correlation between both conditions and drug use. I can see a certain sense in it if testing executive function (in which case excluding ASD and dyspraxia might also be wise), however, you may end up excluding most of your likely audience. Best of luck, all the same.
(12-02-2018, 07:15 AM)magick Wrote: You may be on a hiding to nothing, if your study excludes participants with such conditions as ADHD (~2.3% of population, estimated) and/or bipolar affective disorder (~4.8% of population, estimated); there is strong correlation between both conditions and drug use. I can see a certain sense in it if testing executive function (in which case excluding ASD and dyspraxia might also be wise), however, you may end up excluding most of your likely audience. Best of luck, all the same.

Thank you for your feedback. You are completely right, it is making it very difficult to find participants to take part. But unfortunately I would need to either look at individuals who either do have conditions such as these or do not have a diagnosis of these conditions. Thanks again for your feedback, it is really helpful :)
(12-02-2018, 10:17 AM)Roxy290 Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 07:15 AM)magick Wrote: You may be on a hiding to nothing, if your study excludes participants with such conditions as ADHD (~2.3% of population, estimated) and/or bipolar affective disorder (~4.8% of population, estimated); there is strong correlation between both conditions and drug use. I can see a certain sense in it if testing executive function (in which case excluding ASD and dyspraxia might also be wise), however, you may end up excluding most of your likely audience. Best of luck, all the same.

Thank you for your feedback. You are completely right, it is making it very difficult to find participants to take part. But unfortunately I would need to either look at individuals who either do have conditions such as these or do not have a diagnosis of these conditions. Thanks again for your feedback, it is really helpful :)

[posted in mid-flow... editing]...
(13-02-2018, 04:14 PM)magick Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 10:17 AM)Roxy290 Wrote:

[posted in mid-flow... editing]...

Hi Magick, sorry I wasn't very clear, I will PM you :)

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter