• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

L-Theanine
It's nothing like a benzo, birdsong, much more like a cup of tea but not as good. It's the stuff in tea that makes the caffeine in tea less jittery than other types of caffeine. Cups of tea are always good.
(05-11-2014, 01:33 AM)Passiflora Wrote: It's nothing like a benzo, birdsong, much more like a cup of tea but not as good. It's the stuff in tea that makes the caffeine in tea less jittery than other types of caffeine. Cups of tea are always good.

I fear we have crossed wires :)
No doubt benzos will take a jittery edge off stims much more effectively than something in a cup of tea, but you can still put the kettle on, birdsong.
(05-11-2014, 01:55 AM)Passiflora Wrote: No doubt benzos will take a jittery edge off stims much more effectively than something in a cup of tea, but you can still put the kettle on, birdsong.

I would like new gaba receptors plz
I think it's one of the few substances which is said to upregulate the gaba receptors so may be what you're looking for. But, you won't find it anything like as strong as taking an actual benzos, and if you have any in your system I would think it'd negate the effect.
Combination of caffiene/theanine is important - study.
Its very subtle and for best results use Suntheanine. Has a synergistic relationship with Caffeine so maybe using a certified GABA tea will be best. Forget it if you use benzos occasionally, its very mild stuff.
I notice when I supplement theanine I get better quality sleep. Dosage would between 0.6 - 1.0 gr mixed in orange juice. When I take it a couple of days in a row my mood seems to improve but that effect comes and goes. 

I've had positive effects when i was still experimenting a lot but I also during mostly sober periods. 

Effects may differ for everyone but alas, here's my +1 vote for 'worthwhile supplement'.
No wasn't dissing it. Clinical trials by the Japs proved it worked but you need Caffeine for best results. I would say the same about any mild GABAergic regarding benzos. They don't work unless you have been benzo free a while.
Never worked for me :(
MH&drug services working  2 decide way frwrd. New Borderline Personality Diagnosis. They can only script a limited amount and told me to stay safe in the meantime. Sold my diclaz cos too nervous to hav so many in flat, just a months supply, and buy each mth.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter