• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Indie/Alternative/Folk/Soft Rock

Mumford and Sons' cover of Simon and Garfunkel's "The Boxer" from their new album is phenomenal.

Some great stuff in this thread I've not heard of before. Loving daughter. Elena Tonra's voice has a haunting beauty to it, and some lovely guitar work. Downloading more as we speak. Liking Midlake too. Nicely psychedelia tinged folk-rock. Good stuff.

Pretty old-school with the indie stuff. Pretty much everything could be done with the genre had been done by the mid 90s. More into alt / psyche / post-rock stuff these days, it being all about playing with textures and form rather than literate, ironic lyricism to a catchy tune. Mogwai are as near as you get to the originators and undisputed masters of their particular sound, much imitated of late by bands like Explosions In The Sky and the like. Couple of class tunes from Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will:

Closest band to them as far as pure feel building an emotional soundscape goes would be Godspeed You! Black Emperor, now happily reformed and working on new material apparently. Full Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven album here in one take:

Delightful

Cookie My common sense is tingling   Cookie
This is so genre bridging as to almost defy reason, in my mind anyways. Simon Posford and Youth, doing some kinda alt-folk--ethno-rock thing that at first sounded all wrong to me in theory but just works so goddamn well, who cares of it's bizarre or not:

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter