• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Ibogaine
Jeeeeeeeeeeesus. Have been to;ld ibogaine is the last resort for the desperate.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
It is said to be a miracle for curing addiction. LSD is a better first punt - aside from being extremely cheaper it was endorsed by a founder of Alcoholics Anonymous as the top cure for addiction, AA used to use it when it was legal and apparently 50% of those who underwent LSD treatment never picked up a drink again.

But yeah if that fails this should succeed, I think I read somewhere it can make opiate withdrawal literally disappear. For someone with a bad smack addiction it could very well be worth it if the other options have been exhausted. The mental side to addiction is still something you must make an effort to work through however, psychedelic or no psychedelic, and if that effort isn't made then things like this are still worthless.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
It can give you a great afterglow, and for a long time... some people even say up to six months, but I'm not that lucky with the afterglow of psychedelics and dissociatives...

But If someone wants to stop opioids, and yes this can be very useful, it needs to be at a point where the person already lost the romanticism with the opioids... if the person in question is young and only had an addiction to opioids for a short term (one to two years) chances are that you'll get into opioids again... I would choose a more difficult path to stop addiction in this circumstances.

With LSD and alcohol (LSD doesn't work with opioid addiction), it can work (with alcohol) but you also need to be committed (obviously)... even yesterday I had e few tabs and today I was drinking beer like crazy... but it's true, it's much easier not to drink alcohol or even smoke after a trip... though I prefer mushrooms and mescaline to be honest (comparing to lsd, just a personal opinion).
(10-05-2015, 10:03 PM)WeAreScientists Wrote: It is said to be a miracle for curing addiction. LSD is a better first punt - aside from being extremely cheaper it was endorsed by a founder of Alcoholics Anonymous as the top cure for addiction, AA used to use it when it was legal and apparently 50% of those who underwent LSD treatment never picked up a drink again.

But yeah if that fails this should succeed, I think I read somewhere it can make opiate withdrawal literally disappear. For someone with a bad smack addiction it could very well be worth it if the other options have been exhausted. The mental side to addiction is still something you must make an effort to work through however, psychedelic or no psychedelic, and if that effort isn't made then things like this are still worthless.

You are exactly correct on the AA founder saying LSD was an exceptional treatment, as many studies from the 60's showed, even if the methods and findings were slightly different from what would be accepted now. The results were absolutely undeniable.

Do we know for sure that LSD does nothing for opiate addiction? I am aware it would not stop the physical dependence but it can't do that for alcohol either. I am referring to the mental addiction. What you'd be looking for is a change in mindset caused by the trip. I don't see why it could help addiction to alcohol but not opiates. Obviously in either case we agree you need to have the dedication in yourself as well.

But yes, as far as the AA goes there has never been a single treatment for alcoholism that has been as effective as LSD. It just hasn't ever happened. It's a shame there's not more light being put on this.
Sadly the chances of LSD being approved for almost any treatment, or even getting the go ahead to even test is slim purely because of the arseholes that have banned these compunds and are banned as they have no medical use.

Pisstake really considering bromo-LSD was banned for many years fro the same reason but was unbanned recently. Didn't matter that it had no pstchoactive effects, was banned purely for having LSD in the name.

LSD is being researched by MAPS, they have run phase 2 pilot clinical trials for anxiety related to chronic illness. But obviously MAPS focus is on MDMA and will remain as such until they begin the FDA approval process for it. I really hope that succeeds as it would surely pave the way for LSD making the same move.
Yes you are correct. Also johns hopkins and roland griffiths have run psylocybin studies, as have daiv nutt. MDMA studies have also been done as well but the hoops these researches have had to go through are horrific.

actually live just a couple miles away from Johns Hopkins and actually enrolled in ttheir Psylosybin study to redce smoking. I actually got a call back from the place too. I think having another person in the same household that smoked is what disqualified me.
love the world and it will love you back. chin
(11-05-2015, 08:49 AM)bigazznugz Wrote: actually live just a couple miles away from Johns Hopkins and actually enrolled in ttheir Psylosybin study to redce smoking. I actually got a call back from the place too. I think having another person in the same household that smoked is what disqualified me.

Actually?

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter