• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Ibogaine
(23-08-2014, 01:29 PM)Xochipilli Wrote: Yes I've read of addiction work with K - I wonder if any parallells can be drawn - there again there has been addiction works with LSD etc .

I really want to say NMDA-Glutamate but there has to be more to it.
Maybe there are many more anti-addictives and we only know the very popular ones.

I had shredded root bark, extracted it somewhat for solubility. Kinda felt like an opioid WD (even though I've only had a very mild wd once or twice, not keen on the type, so can't give legitimate comparison.) Don't think I had any nausea whatsoever. 
---------------------
Thank you all for comments, this is my first thread and it's going better than I'd expected
Not tried shredded root bark - I think that would be a hard ride; some of the doses of bark esp. in Bwiti traditional rituals are pretty huge. Many favour a mix of HCL + TA for the extra alkaloids which extend and change the experience. My low dose trial there was no nausea. The high one it was to be expected but the experience was powerful, visionary in a unique way and very moving.

It is also proposed that Salvia Divinorum has antiaddictive properties but I don't know much about this and the phrase is getting bandied around the net a lot these days.
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
Must be Ibogaine i was mixed up with then. I believe there are clinics that 'do the opiate cure' but its £5 000. One guy experienced a kind of montage like a picture book with scenes like the first time he used and scoring in a certain block of flats he used. What i found amazing was he was on 30mg of Methadone and after the Ibogaine thing he was not in withdrawal. That in my book is a miracle and surely merits lots of further research.Not many addicts have access to five grand.
It is possible to get ibo containing plants on the cheap (on the other hand synthesis and purification sounds like a nightmare), problem is most of us know jack about the pharmacology (likely not much less than the professionals who run these clinics though).
£5000 is a luxury many don't have but of course in reality many find a loved one to watch over them, make space and decent preparations and take the cure themselves.
It's really worth watching the youtube video of Dr Chris Jenks, who put in work to make ibogaine affordably and easily available so that people could get the treatment they need. There are some great people involved in this area often because they have been motivated by having had there lives back thanks to Iboga.
All I know about ibogaine is Hunter S. Thompson said someone was using it in his book Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Train 72, I'm pretty sure it was one of the candidates.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
He claimed Muskie was addicted to Ibogaine - I think as a joke to explain his rambling speeches. You can virtual do nothing but lie down on Ibogaine. Clearly the idea of being addicted to Ibogaine is obsurd and was ment as such. Although many find Thompson entertaining I'd take a lot of what he says a literary/poetic devise rather than always literal fact.
He said he basically made it up in an interview he did but I remember looking it up when I read the book and found very little else about it.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
(28-08-2014, 08:03 PM)Xochipilli Wrote: He claimed Muskie was addicted to Ibogaine - I think as a joke to explain his rambling speeches. You can virtual do nothing but lie down on Ibogaine. Clearly the idea of being addicted to Ibogaine is obsurd and was ment as such. Although many find Thompson entertaining I'd take a lot of what he says a literary/poetic devise rather than always literal fact.

Entertaining nonetheless, everyone should read fear and loathing in Las Vegas.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter