• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Ibogaine
Ibogaine is one of a few psychoactive alkaloids present in Tabernanthe iboga and numerous other plants, has uses in addiction treatment and ritual/psychotherapy applications. 
[Image: Ibogaine.svg]
Dosages range from under 100mg to a gram and has a long duration (TIHKAL).

Effects in man are very broad as many receptors are activated from a huge dose (opioid receptors, NMDA, 5HT, and quite strongly, sigma receptors).

Ibogaine use is not illegal in UK afaik, but therapies are really expensive.

Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences.
There are some interesting docmentaries and articles on this if you search. Less people like me with actual experience. I was pretty sure it was legal here.
Did a lot of research on it; what are you wanting to know ?
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
Well nothing in particular, there wasn't a thread on this therefore I made one. I have plenty of references, but there aren't many experience reports or social reviews and it might be relatively unknown. It is a rather interesting and complicated drug.
Has anybody had a positive experience with ibogaine or related chemicals?
It would be nice if any of the more advanced members could give warnings or advice on this for the public.
I don't think it'll appear anywhere on the highstreet, it seems mainly used for quitting other drugs/extreme self-transformation. Holland and further afield seem to have treatment centres but I don't know whether or not legit. I've read and seen the reports and it reads like a 48 hour guilt trip. You will promise to be good afterwards.
There's a great documentary from the 90s on Youtube about a Scottish guy going down to London for Ibogaine treatment for his heroin/methadone addiction (iirc).

Looked pretty intense.
The bruce parry episode on Bwiti/Iboga was really good but youtube ditched it. I think the docu above was called dox or die or something. There are other documentaries although some hard tio find or taken down. There was one about Dimitri Mobengo Mugianis. There are a growing number of clinics (and even plans to grown the plant elsewhere to increase availability and for environmental reasons) - there infomersials are less enticing on the whole; although Iboga house has some great Iboga music up. There is also youtube bits of chemistry up(dr.Anwar Jeewa - interetesting stuff about synthetic routes and partial synth from other iboga like sources if I recall) and so on. Maps should have some stuff also as well manuals and the like online. The practitioners in the UK like Hattie Wells largely gave up - sure there many some still. But the work is quite tiring.

People to read up on are Dr Mash, pioneer Howard Lottsoff and others.

Fascinating plant and set of chemicals with such potential for treatment with addiction; it's primarily been concerned with opiates since it directly acts on opiate receptors but seems to have effects on all forms of addiction and can be used purely as a powerful therapuetic agent.

When you say warnings - are you considering taking this stuff? It has a bit of a reputation since it's powerful stuff and there have been a handful of deaths of people basically in ill and addicted health and one can't give a relative safety profile; I don't consider it dangerous in particular and practitioners now have exclusion criteria etc which maybe way complications less arise. If you do have some consideration of taking it PM me and I will offer more advise.

There is also at least one Iboga forum with lots of info from people who have done it a lot or are experimenting with daily dosing for depresssion and so on.

Contrey to popular belief the experience doesn't have to be horrible at all although itisn't one for a quiz night at the pub or a rave either. This along with it's high cost and a few other things mean most are not going to be attracted to it so I hope with all my heart the large community supporting it continue to do good work and are not hindered by legal process. There are too many powerful medicines being suppressed. This one has largely escaped notice and is a huge opportunity in the whole area of psychedelic medicine for change.
(21-08-2014, 05:27 AM)SteveBrule44 Wrote: I've read and seen the reports and it reads like a 48 hour guilt trip. You will promise to be good afterwards.

Haha, sums it up neatly :)
Xochipilli, I have taken it a while back. Was not as fun as it sounded at first, just major body load, not much else,(no real cerebral intensity, hallucinations, freakouts, self evaluation or anything else as far as I remember) lasted a long while too. 
If anybody thinks of taking it I personally would advise a few prophylactic aspirins and to make sure to consume enough potassium as bare minimum for the cardiac effects. Haven't taken it with MAOIs but would suggest against it. And I believe having opioids in your system is a no-no.
Just found what leftovers I have of the bark which sparked up my interest in other peoples experience with this.
A famous dissociative seemed to be quite effective for opioid addiction and depression. Wonder how much would a health practitioner freak out if asked for it :)
(21-08-2014, 01:42 PM)Xochipilli Wrote: The bruce parry episode on Bwiti/Iboga was really good but youtube ditched it. I think the docu above was called dox or die or something. There are other documentaries although some hard tio find or taken down. There was one about Dimitri Mobengo Mugianis. There are a growing number of clinics (and even plans to grown the plant elsewhere to increase availability and for environmental reasons) - there infomersials are less enticing on the whole; although Iboga house has some great Iboga music up. There is also youtube bits of chemistry up(dr.Anwar Jeewa - interetesting stuff about synthetic routes and partial synth from other iboga like sources if I recall) and so on. Maps should have some stuff also as well manuals and the like online. The practitioners in the UK like Hattie Wells largely gave up - sure there many some still. But the work is quite tiring.

People to read up on are Dr Mash, pioneer Howard Lottsoff and others.

Fascinating plant and set of chemicals with such potential for treatment with addiction; it's primarily been concerned with opiates since it directly acts on opiate receptors but seems to have effects on all forms of addiction and can be used purely as a powerful therapuetic agent.

When you say warnings - are you considering taking this stuff? It has a bit of a reputation since it's powerful stuff and there have been a handful of deaths of people basically in ill and addicted health and one can't give a relative safety profile; I don't consider it dangerous in particular and practitioners now have exclusion criteria etc which maybe way complications less arise. If you do have some consideration of taking it PM me and I will offer more advise.

There is also at least one Iboga forum with lots of info from people who have done it a lot or are experimenting with daily dosing for depresssion and so on.

Contrey to popular belief the experience doesn't have to be horrible at all although itisn't one for a quiz night at the pub or a rave either. This along with it's high cost and a few other things mean most are not going to be attracted to it so I hope with all my heart the large community supporting it continue to do good work and are not hindered by legal process. There are too many powerful medicines being suppressed. This one has largely escaped notice and is a huge opportunity in the whole area of psychedelic medicine for change.

sure i read about Yohimbe (might well be wrong ) themed Opiate detoxes. Loads of life changing stuff and no withdrawals. Am i right or is it Iboga Xo? The then doctor in charge of addiction policy dismissed it as "shamanistic mumbo-jumbo" and the Methadone wheel continued to turn.
Never heard that of Yohimbe - Claudio Naranjo did some work with harmaline and addiction - maybe your thinking of that? Found of some of it online. All three extend the basic tryptamine structure out (tricyclic(?) and beyond) in a vaguely similar directionbut the actions are all pretty different - I think only ibogaine attaches to opiod recptors as far as I am aware (it's very wide ranging)

(21-08-2014, 05:27 AM)SteveBrule44 Wrote: it reads like a 48 hour guilt trip. You will promise to be good afterwards.

I was kind of expecting this but had nothing of the sort - I think you will get this if it is what you need or such material is relivant to your current woes.

(22-08-2014, 09:00 AM)Cfsdprescriber Wrote:
(21-08-2014, 05:27 AM)SteveBrule44 Wrote: I've read and seen the reports and it reads like a 48 hour guilt trip. You will promise to be good afterwards.

Haha, sums it up neatly :)
Xochipilli, I have taken it a while back. Was not as fun as it sounded at first, just major body load, not much else,(no real cerebral intensity, hallucinations, freakouts, self evaluation or anything else as far as I remember) lasted a long while too. 
If anybody thinks of taking it I personally would advise a few prophylactic aspirins and to make sure to consume enough potassium as bare minimum for the cardiac effects. Haven't taken it with MAOIs but would suggest against it. And I believe having opioids in your system is a no-no.
Just found what leftovers I have of the bark which sparked up my interest in other peoples experience with this.
A famous dissociative seemed to be quite effective for opioid addiction and depression. Wonder how much would a health practitioner freak out if asked for it :)

Depending on what your purpose for taking it is it is a;ways worth doing a lot of research and prep - probably true of most drugs really.
For addiction treatment it is best I understand to be in some stage of WD before treatment starts.

I don't know what form you took it in - pure hcl is a lot less body loaded - the TA I found a lot harder; mostly just extreme vomiting and nausea. The experiences were rather good although not fun in a simple way. It's rather dissasociative. Yes I've read of addiction work with K - I wonder if any parallells can be drawn - there again there has been addiciton works with LSD etc . With Ibogaine - very long lasting metabolites and even follow up microdoses to extend this help.
Yohimbine powder extract gave me a very sesitive boner on the night, but I awoke covered in teenage acne.
Really. Red zits with white heads, dozen s, maybe hundreds.
In the hours between boner and zits kicking in though I did have fun

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter